I just got into the Hot Rod Magazine Pump Gas Drags!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everybody! I just got the email confirming my acceptance to compete in the Hot Rod Magazine Pump Gas Drags!

I will be running the Heffner Twin Turbo setup tuned with the AEM for the competition on April 30 to May 01, 2004.

I will be driving my car to Memphis, Tn with the slicks and skinnies inside the car.

Should be cool.

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give 'em hell, Paolo! Got that feeling that all they'll see is your license plate. Shame it's not a "run what ya brung" drag race. You'd really put a hurt on those egos. Good luck....no missed shifts.

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, great job. This is race is the old style fastest street car type of race, should be great. Glad to see a Viper entered. We're looking forward to seeing your pic in the mag wearing a winners jacket.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Paolo! Everyone here knows Vipers RULE the planet!! Now you get to show them all! :laugh:
350 entries for that contest and you got the NOD! That in itself is MUCH respect!! :2tu:

Ummm, oh yeah! Video! Video! ;)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go get'em Tom! This is going to be a good ole fashioned grudge match. We all know the vipers will win, but who of out three compadres will take home first, second and third. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like a broken record saying that they should just give Paolo the trophies now and skip the small talk. :eek: :headbang:

Is it just me??

On another note, will Heffner be shouting at Paolo "Paolo!!!Don't DO that to My Turbos!!" :D :D

THIS IS GREAT!! Another Mag to conquer!

Jay K.

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't kept up with Hot Rod magazine for a long time, but I remember ten or eleven years ago, they held a "World's Fastest Street Car" competition, and the cars had to run pump gas, have lights/plates, and had to run slow 25 mile course to show it's streetability. I can't remember the names of the winners, but one year there was a red 68 Nova, and another year there was a colorful 53 Corvette. Both had big block V8s, with the Nova running low 8's at over 160 mph, and the Vette (had a license plate "IN THE 7S"), ran in the high 7's in the quarter mile. Since today's cars are at least that quick, you're gonna have some serious competition! Good luck!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right, Before everybody gets to perky, you should read the rules. Stuff like no tire size, no suspension rules, no weight rules. They did say that they tried to choose true street cars....no clutchless trannys or tube chassis. The slowest cars are mid tens 1/4 mile. Dr.Roof is also in, as well as a good friend of mine from Indiana in his Trans Am.

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats !!! We entered 4 cars, 2 supercharged and 2 nitrous cars, all were in the 10 second bracket. I guess they didn't want a race with nothing but Vipers...I think all three of the Vipers that made it in are faster than ours by quite a bit. We will see you down there to cheer you 3 on...best of luck.
Later,
Joe

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First winner years ago was Max Carter from Louisville, KY in his dads Nova. Todays cars are capable of turning some awesome numbers while maintaining some street ability. This should be a great race and we wish all the Vipers good luck.

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have some of the top vipers on the board going to the Hot Rod Pump Gas Drags, sounds like a big 1, 2, 3 punch to me!

Nitrous
SuperCharged
and Twin Turbo

Thats three ways of putting the comp, UNDER PRESSURE!!!!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give 'em hell, Paolo! Got that feeling that all they'll see is your license plate. Shame it's not a "run what ya brung" drag race. You'd really put a hurt on those egos. Good luck....no missed shifts.

TZOID, from what I understand, 10.5 cars are the slowest ones there. I would hazard to guess that there are some 8 second cars there.

As far as the missed shifts go, I am thinking of having Mr. Jason Heffner run his creation for the magazine without having me F'ing things up. I already got my a$$ spanked silly by Tom Welch and Dr. Roof in Texas. I know my car will have a lot more power, but Heffner will be more consistent and will drive if he wants to.

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, great job. This is race is the old style fastest street car type of race, should be great. Glad to see a Viper entered. We're looking forward to seeing your pic in the mag wearing a winners jacket.

Pat, I think there will be a lot of other faster cars than the Vipers for the 1/4 mile. Besides Tom Welch and Dr Roof will be there as well and those guys both put a ghetto a$$whipping on me in Tx as they are better drag racers and have their cars set up more for drag racing. Thanks for the nod of confidence!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry, thanks for the nod! I still owe you a tape, can you send me your address again? Sorry I will get it out right away!

Casey, thanks! I now have a camera and a mount!

Tony, I see Tom and David are in and I think Jason Heffner will drive the car for this competition.

Jay, what can I say? Thanks for your continued support but I do not think any of the Vipers will have a chance to win because there are rumored to be some low 8-second cars in this event.

Dan, Yes my car will be running the AEM, thanks for giving them a car to make the unit and to make the base maps!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456