I learned my lesson the hard way

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to change my oil on my 2000gts, So jacked up the right front and took my tire off, and put my drain pan underneath the car. I pulled the plug. and put the tire back on so I could let it back down so all the oil could drain out. Well I went inside and watched some tv for about 20 minutes. Well I went back out jacked up the right side and looked underneath the car to find oil over flowing the drain pan. Then I realized duh 10 quarts, I lost about 1 1/2 quarts on the floor. I know Im gonna get [******] about it but Being a first time viper owner I think its Kinda funny venom1

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Anybody that changes their own oil has done this at one time or another. Lately, I've been taking the Viper to a local oil change place with my own mobil 1 oil and filter and giving them $20 "lunch money" for doing the quick drain and replace.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, fighting to keep the oil in the pan is always fun! But usually it's worrying about a couple drops, NOT quarts! :D

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lately, I've been taking the Viper to a local oil change place with my own mobil 1 oil and filter and giving them $20 "lunch money" for doing the quick drain and replace.

Man, that is pretty gutsy taking it to one of those shops. I make sure to do something similar (bring own oil/filter) and get it done right by the professionals.

At Walmart. For $9.96 - tips literally not allowed. And yes, it is a drive-over pit (no lifts), the manager does it, and they have pictures of the car all over their office now. :2tu: I used to use Valvoline Quick Lube (bring own oil/filter) and they would change it in exchange for a ride in the car. Now they have a new manager who, with "Viper Tax" in his eyes, wants $39.95 - even with me supplying everything. Thus my friendship with Sam Walton & Co.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My first change I saw this coming, so I figured I would just pop the plug back in half way through and dump the pan. Except I dropped the plug in the pan and had to fish for it in the hot oil while it overflowed all over the place.

OP
OP
V

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I now how you feel carguy07 at least about the oil overflowing. But feel bad about the hot oil on the hands. Now you probably know how a lobster feels getting put into boiling water head first. lol :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine