i must call false (rt soft top in 2 mins?)

OP
OP
E

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very impressive :2tu:

(you know a but is coming) :eater:

but using your technique, no way mine (sides to header) goes together that easily, :mad:

any mods to the top? :dunno: (shaving, stretching?)

either way, very fast if having to cover up quickly (no need secure bows and retainer strips to keep rain out, quick parking)

thanks for the video how to :headbang:

:drive:

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
any mods to the top? :dunno: (shaving, stretching?):drive:

No mods, came the way you see it. :) I find if you lay it on the ground, the bars don't sit perfect enough to assemble quickly.... but it's easier than stretching if you can't. Suspending it in the air I find they line up perfectly.

I haven't done this in quite a while (and I'm in no way trying to dimish your speed rating), but it would appear that the top was not fully dis-assembled when you began. The cross pieces were already engaged. Am I mistaken?

When I purchased the car, this is how the soft top was assembled in the trunk... so I disassemble it the same way, not sure how else to do it... but it works, and it fits in the trunk beautifully. :) Not to mention, fast. And this method is pretty much as water tight as it's ever going to get... the hard top is much more preferred for me though.

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very impressive...I thought I was pretty quick in less than 4. On the Gen 1there are slide locks for the cross arms and the bows have to be inserted in the rail but other than that I finally got it. I had mine on the family room floor which probably made it tougher to set the side bows.
Thanks for posting.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two things seemed missing, removal from the bag (which doesn't take long) and tucking in the plastic runners along the sides (which I never did, never seemed necessary), but still obviously very fast to do even if you added those other things in.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=583_PXBRh1o[/media]

How's this? ;) Feedback would be nice. hahaha.

Oh yeah, want my paypal account? ;)

Impressive feat......Looks like I owe SOMEBODY $10 ! Email me your name/address and Ill put $10 in your PARTSRACK account.......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery