I need a reliable dealer....

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem I am having is that my Viper, with only 8K miles, is having little things go wrong/break that are suppose to be covered under warranty but don't have any dealer to take it to. Since there are practically no Viper Techs at any dealers around here I am stuck. Does anyone know of at least a reliable dealer I can take it to that can do the work without messing up my car? Or even if the dealer would give me the parts and I could do it myself, which I know would most likely never happen, but what am I suppose to do? Any help appreciated, thanks!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, I wish this were pre-economic meltdown. Biggest problem is I haven't needed to have anything done to my car forcing to make some new contacts. Choices that I am aware of are as follows:

Tate in Frederick

Century in Mt. Airy

Criswell in Gaithersburg

You are still under warranty? What is your in service date? My warranty just ended last month, didn't think there were too many Gen 2's with warranties still out there.

OP
OP
G

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it's an extended until 12/2011. I know of Tate, I picked up some touch up paint from there but do you know if they know Vipers?

I got a name for a Viper tech in Richmond but not sure if its worth the drive.

So far my reverse lights went out so Chuck Tator suggested changing out a switch which I bought from him and then my AC louvers broke, bought those too, so I am most likely just gonna fix myself. But then my center arm rest has cracked underneath the covering and I am not sure if that is covered, I would like to find out.

My major concern is if something major needs fixing and I don't want to be stuck searching when/if the time comes. Just another headache to add to my list.

Damn, I wish this were pre-economic meltdown. Biggest problem is I haven't needed to have anything done to my car forcing to make some new contacts. Choices that I am aware of are as follows:

Tate in Frederick

Century in Mt. Airy

Criswell in Gaithersburg

You are still under warranty? What is your in service date? My warranty just ended last month, didn't think there were too many Gen 2's with warranties still out there.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The extended warranty will not cover the center console. That is only covered during the first 3 years/36,000 miles. The extended warranty covers the powertrain and then depending on level of extended coverage, items like power steering, window switches, AC, etc. Do you have a copy of your extended contract?

There is a way to reinforce/repair the center console. Daves Big Brakes actually used to offer something, I imagine Jon B from parts rack now carries the reinforcement for the underside.

Not sure what Tate's vipertech's competency is.

John

Well it's an extended until 12/2011. I know of Tate, I picked up some touch up paint from there but do you know if they know Vipers?

I got a name for a Viper tech in Richmond but not sure if its worth the drive.

So far my reverse lights went out so Chuck Tator suggested changing out a switch which I bought from him and then my AC louvers broke, bought those too, so I am most likely just gonna fix myself. But then my center arm rest has cracked underneath the covering and I am not sure if that is covered, I would like to find out.

My major concern is if something major needs fixing and I don't want to be stuck searching when/if the time comes. Just another headache to add to my list.

OP
OP
G

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm SOL on the console... I'll contact Jon @ Partsrack.

Thanks!

The extended warranty will not cover the center console. That is only covered during the first 3 years/36,000 miles. The extended warranty covers the powertrain and then depending on level of extended coverage, items like power steering, window switches, AC, etc. Do you have a copy of your extended contract?

There is a way to reinforce/repair the center console. Daves Big Brakes actually used to offer something, I imagine Jon B from parts rack now carries the reinforcement for the underside.

Not sure what Tate's vipertech's competency is.

John

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm SOL on the console... I'll contact Jon @ Partsrack.

Thanks!

Just take is off, epoxy it underneath, get it recovered. But the support from Jon B and call it a day.

Come to think of it, do you at least have an intersting story as to how it got cracked in the first place?:devlook: