I need a "speed alert" alarm. Where can I find one to wire in?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need a \"speed alert\" alarm. Where can I find one to wire in?

Hello;

Since we did not want a cruise control and have 500hp available, it is REALLY easy to unintentionally speed in the SRT. I have a Valentine, so I am not talking about a radar detector here.

I am looking for an electronic device that I can manually set to alert me when I exceed the speed limit I select. This device would be simple to install and very easy to set on the fly. If you take your eyes off the speedo for a minute while on the Interstate, you are 10mph over the limit and don't even realise it.

Where can I find an accesory like this? Cruise control would be cheating!

Thanks,

Jim Wallace :usa:

OP
OP
J

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: I need a

Steve;

Please tell me why those folks would have what I am looking for? What would a GPS unit do for me except tell me where I am on the planet (within 3 feet)? Steve, are you being sarcastic, or do they really have a product like this? No flame intended by me!

Seriously, "speed-Limit Alert" would be very helpful. If it functioned like the RED shift-light/REDLINE alarm we already have on the SRT tach, but was capable of user set limits, it would be perfect for me.

Can the REDLINE LIGHT and ALARM we have on the SRT be "customized" to do this job?

Thanks,

Jim

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: I need a

Jim...NO sarcasm on MY part...the Lincoln that I leased about 8 years back had a speed alarm that I personally liked. I can't remember exact number but it seems to me that one could set it to go off when one reached 5-10 mph ABOVE setting.

GPS hardly a joke...one can set a speed alert on some units...one of which is Garman Street Pilot III according to a Porsche friend that has one.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I need a \"speed alert\" alarm. Where can I find one to wire in?

If you have a wife or girlfriend, just stick her in the passenger seat and she'll be sure to tell you when you are speeding. No need to wire in any gizmos. Your audible alarm will sound like this: "Slow down. Nag, nag, nag. Why do you have to drive so fast. Nag, nag, nag. That's it pull over an let me out."

:D

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you have a wife or girlfriend, just stick her in the passenger seat and she'll be sure to tell you when you are speeding. No need to wire in any gizmos. Your audible alarm will sound like this: "Slow down. Nag, nag, nag. Why do you have to drive so fast. Nag, nag, nag. That's it pull over an let me out."

LOL! yeah, that sounds familiar... :)

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

but they are not adjustable, and they frequently go off before you even reach the speed limit.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Glad I have always had girlfriends who loved the speed and racing. Maybe when you put a ring on their finger it changes. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi