I need more traction

amazingmum4d

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Roe supercharger with a 10lb pulley with water methanol injection, running 345-30's 19 pilot sports running 355 gears. I have searched the posts but haven't found any discussions on this. Does anyone have any suggestions or can lead me to any related posts?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need Kuhmo's but be prepared because they don't last nearly as long as Pilot's and they will sandblast the bottom's of your rear quarters. Ohhh, the tradeoff's for high HP!!

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GO back to stock gears! LOL

I am sure I will have the same problem. I am going to run the 19" 345 Pilot's as well... still on stock 18's for now.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gears are hurting you on this issue. Kumho's would help a great deal but you would have to run an 18" wheel. Absent your willingness to make either change, Mr. Dell's advice is the best, roll into the throttle.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Along the same topic, if I go with the Kumho V700's will I still be able to do a nice burnout every so often (nothing massive, just a burnout for showoff purposes mainly) or will I risk snapping a half shaft when I dump the clutch and the tires stick like glue as compared to Pilot Sports?

S

SUN RA KAT

Chad - I've seen many, many "800 HP" heavy duty half shafts snap in two at the start line on Vipers with anything stickier than the stock Michelin Pilots - heck I even seen stock Pilots snap the "800 HP" heavy duty half shafts, too.

Keep your Michelin Pilots for showing off - anything else may lead to utter embarrassment and a tow truck coming for you.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad - I've seen many, many "800 HP" heavy duty half shafts snap in two at the start line on Vipers with anything stickier than the stock Michelin Pilots - heck I even seen stock Pilots snap the "800 HP" heavy duty half shafts, too.

Keep your Michelin Pilots for showing off - anything else may lead to utter embarrassment and a tow truck coming for you.
Well *knock on wood* :bonker:
I have BFG drag radials and i havent snapped anything, just dont wheel hop and you shouldnt break anything unless your hooking at the track launching at 5000 rpms on stock half shafts, but when i took my Viper to the track and ran the 10.66 i had no problems, go figure huh? on stock half shafts :)
So i say get the Kuhmos or the BFG's :) :2tu:

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well *knock on wood*
I have BFG drag radials and i havent snapped anything, just dont wheel hop and you shouldnt break anything unless your hooking at the track launching at 5000 rpms on stock half shafts, but when i took my Viper to the track and ran the 10.66 i had no problems, go figure huh? on stock half shafts
So i say get the Kuhmos or the BFG's

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Are you using stock gears ? BTW, Great 1/4 mile #s :2tu:

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

Well *knock on wood*
I have BFG drag radials and i havent snapped anything, just dont wheel hop and you shouldnt break anything unless your hooking at the track launching at 5000 rpms on stock half shafts, but when i took my Viper to the track and ran the 10.66 i had no problems, go figure huh? on stock half shafts
So i say get the Kuhmos or the BFG's

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Are you using stock gears ? BTW, Great 1/4 mile #s :2tu:

YEs sir, stock gear :2tu: Thanks