I paid $90,000 for this????

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think that was "fun". Try racing a Z06 with a fresh cup of coffee. To kill the vette I scalded myself on my left shoulder, then after visiting both sides of my GTS the damn Go-cup came close enough that I knocked it out of the air to land between the console and my right thigh ... when the rest of the hot coffee emptied onto my leg!!! Destroyed the 07 Z06 and fishtailed away from him when I went into 3rd. I gave him a couple lengths head start so he wouldn't be in my way while I was fishtailing in 2nd. Took me a day to clean the coffee out of my interior.

I built myself some cup-holder clips that screw to the dash with the radio screws. They're unobtrusive until the portable cupholders are installed. I'll post a thread and pics so you can see what I mean.

Neccessity is the "Mother of Invention". When I drive my Viper I'm going a minimium of 400mi. so cupholders are a must.

By the way, if you've still got Michelin "runflats" on your car - don't expect to start first out of the "hole" since those tires **** for traction! I could spin my runflats in 3rd gear just stomping on the pedal at any speed up to 100mph. And that was with only 598rwhp/644rwtq. Now I've got 720rwhp, but traction after 60mph with Michelin Pilots (Gen 2).

Ted
Great post! I got the new PS2's so she actually grips much better now. I still have the stock rear end and that helps too. I have the fish tailing under better control now, but since you have 720 rwhp I can imagine hooking up is quite the challenge for you!

Viperlady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess next you will complain about not having a makeup mirror. Get a grip. Do you want to go fast and look good or do you want comfort? If comfort is what you want by a 300C SRT8.:drive:
The traction is always going to be a problem. You have to learn to roll out and them hammer it. It is all about right foot control.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ashtray removed, you instantly have a cupholder in the Gen. III. Nobody ever told you that? Good driving, by the way. I'm glad you dusted those cars. :)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: THAT is a riot...you HAVE seen how DEEP that 'holder' is have you not?
(That is sarcasm you hear!)...NO NO NO cupholders in a Viper...NO NEED FOR ANY!!! The one you speak of in the GenIII is may be good for holding some change...but gotta KEEP it as an 'ashtray' to close the top, or the change would be all over the car!! :lmao: ~juli
Now we have a Vette...yep, 2 cupholders, if we wish coffee, we can take that car. :drive:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm, I thought the post was sarcasm & hilarious.

Or is my sense of humor over-active?

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm, I thought the post was sarcasm & hilarious.

Or is my sense of humor over-active?
Dman, you are absolutely correct, the post is 100% tongue in cheek...I love my car like a love my wife: :love: They are both perfect "as is"!