I raced agaist a -97 GTS with, exhaust, filter and headers

Bpuad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, did a race against a -97 Viper GTS wiht exhaust, filter and headers and yes he won by 1-2 car lengt (60mph to 120-140mph). I boosted 1,25 bar and he kicked my ass , but it was just for fun. I will have a rematch and the I will raise my fuelpressure and put in my new boostcontroler and raise boost to 1,45-1,5 bar, it should be fun.

How much power will a GTS with these mods have (to the wheels/rwhp)?

I have videos of the race, my passanger filmed the race. I will post the video asap when I have it.

It felt ok to loose against a Viper, I won ower 2 tuned RS4 (420bhp and 500+ bph) so I´m happy .

/Per

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HP should be in the 435 - 455rwhp range if its an american model. I had heard the Euro models were de-tuned to 400HP from the factory.

Derek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is no shame losing to a Viper. I used to have a Supra TT BPU myself. Please show us the Video.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice to see you took losing well. I love Supras, cant wait for the news that are supposed to come out.

Definetly no shame in losing to a viper. Its all that torque that get most people!

OP
OP
B

Bpuad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HP should be in the 435 - 455rwhp range if its an american model. I had heard the Euro models were de-tuned to 400HP from the factory.

This Viper had 455bhp stock (crank hp).

So like 520 crank hp then, I thought it would make more like 540-550 crank hp?

I don´t have any problems loosning while racing against a car like the Viper. If I´d by another car it would definently be a Viper GTS, I love it.

The Viper doesn´t have that much torque does it ;) :D .

/Per

OP
OP
B

Bpuad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here´s some pictures of my car. The passanger who filmed the race is have problems rendering the movie on his computer.. he will fix it and I will post it here as soon as I have it.

You must be registered for see images

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one of my friends has a 98 supra...used to be BPU w/ all the mods u could want, we were about the same speed when he was running race gas. He went single and after that i took off like crazy until 3rd gear, had him by about 2-3 cars....then he blew by me at a pretty good rate of speed. Personally i like the bpu setup more, since i dont do 100+ runs constantly. But wahtever floats ur boat, nice car btw.