I ran against a Porsche 911 Turbo S today.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We are of the same mind on the Viper, either ACR or reg or both, having an "option" for DCT etc. I never want to see the manual go away ever. Forget KERS etc. DCT and proper LC and I wouldn't be surprised to see consistent mid 10's at 135+mph traps as the norm. That is if they can build a DCT box that can consistently handle Viper levels of torque.

Agreed. In this market, you MUST have a transmission that can compete. As much as I love shifting (both in my 03Viper and my 13 Dart) if the Gen V had this option (and I could afford one, LOL!) I would have to VERY seriously consider my transmission options. In the end, I'd probably stick with the 6-speed, because I don't track or race the car.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 458 is naturally aspirated 4.5 V8 with absolutley amazing power numbers.
Nice Viper performance in the vid, will only get better :)

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Uncle has a 2012 Turbo S cab and those things are VICIOUS off the line. He took me for a ride two weeks ago. Literally took my breath away.

Viper did a lot better than I thought it would. Nice video BTW!

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow car = highly modified GT2 turbo 911. Somewhere in the 750-800 rwhp range. He was just getting some easy revenge from when he saw the back of my blue Viper :)

Puts your blue viper into perspective!
thanks for sharing, nice video!!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When drag racing they may be close, but get that Porsche on a road course and all he will see is my Stryker's tail lights, LOL

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran this weekend at TWS. There were two 911 Turbo Ss. I past them on the front straight, perhaps they just didn't want to go that fast, but I doubt it? After that, every time I came up behind they just waved me by. My car is not purely stock, but should be close to the 2013.

phavyarden

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mmmm, I don't know. This means the new 991 Turbo will absolutly kill the Viper :/

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i placed an order for a 991 TTS last month . Dec 13 delivery !! It must be a beast !! can't wait .
Oh it will be for sure and well done. The options on a new Porsche go on forever as you well know and that really adds to the price. Hang on as they are FAST........

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new 991 Turbo S has 30 more HP than the current 997 Turbo Some guys have got 10.60s out of the current one, best for me 10.70s.But,the new one is heaver, so should be close.I also have a new 991 Turbo S on order...

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
560 hp
PDK
4 wheel steering
Active aero (front spoiler and rear spoiler )
Full LED lights -Turbo S
Ceramic Brakes -Turbo S
Center lock wheels

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new 991 Turbo S has 30 more HP than the current 997 Turbo Some guys have got 10.60s out of the current one, best for me 10.70s.But,the new one is heaver, so should be close.I also have a new 991 Turbo S on order...

What color did you get ? I ordered GT Silver / Red black interior , then changed to Black with Red /Black interior

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys with the 991's on order, please share some photos/vids and feedback once you've received them. Great looking cars.

Tony

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black/Black Full Leather,just like the one I have now...I like Silver also..

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on trap speeds, the Gen V isn't pulling much/if any higher than the 600 Gen IV. The Turbo S is underrated with many showing 475-480 whp on the dyno (car is rated at 530 crank).

Combine a short ratio 7 speed, miniscule clutches, long gearing in the Viper (especially 5th gear) and much more slippery aero and it makes sense. Regardless of PDK.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having 3 Vipers, racing all of them at onetime or another, the Vipers are very difficult to drive at speed(launch/shift to third) and one must be skilled or we all know what will happen. The reason I bought a new Turbo S is the Safety first, it is effortless to drive at speed, very stable/safe and the performance is insane every time. Just hit the Sport Plus bottom and Bam Race Car...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang