I sure hope this is true "New Dodge Viper To Be Revealed Next Month"

MR_SRL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This article from Topspeed

Stop the press! We have something very important to report: Dodge has finished the development of the new generation Viper and will have it displayed next month in Miami. The official reveal will be made during a charity event called "Rides and Smiles" at Homestead-Miami Speedway in Homestead, Florida.

This event will offer pediatric patients who suffer from chronic childhood illness such as cancer, diabetes, Crohn’s and Colitis, and brain injuries, a chance to get an up-close and personal look at the 2.3-mile road course at Homestead. They will have the chance to get in some of the most impressive cars on the American market next to famous NASCAR champions.

And this year, one of the cars to be used at the event will be the new generation Viper. In fact Dodge has already confirmed that the company is pretty busy developing the new technology for the supercar and that they will have it ready for 2012. But it seems the work has been done and we will see it next month. The new Viper will get a new engine, improved technology and a design that will make it more successful than ever. It was rumored at some point that it will deliver up to 700 HP!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to see this in more then one auto mag/website to believe it. However, if its true then :headbang:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Yeah. OK. Lets all go see....;)

Nice try guys. I have a feeling you will see the car when the plant is actually ready to build....

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aint no new viper. Its dead. 2010 was a long time ago. The 13 models will be out soon and still no new viper.

At this point what we need after all the secrecy is a totally redesighned 115k much improved interior 700 hp beaste at 3350 pounds that runs 7.17 at the ring in non acr form.

Unfortunetly after all the bs has cleared it seems very evident at this point that were just gonna get a 100k slightly improved interior 650 hp viper at 3550 pounds that runs 7.20 at the ring and barely edges out the 600 vipers due to weight in a straight line.

Lets be honest here! Im not the only one who has herd from people who saw it that the new viper looks pretty much like a gen3 witha differant hood and slightly more curved rear. Then the spy pics thus far seem to tell the same story.

I know the viper is the top dog and people wanna knock it down. I know tnat tne 03 viper set tne world on fire with ahead of its time power and styling and just 3 years later the z06 in 06 looked just like the viper with a big displacement engine and a price closer to the viper than ever.
I get it dodge. But dammit we are your customers not them. Chevy will copy you no matter how long you hold out!

Im ready to buy a used gallardo used audi r8 at this point. But i keep holding on thinking anyday now you are gonna blow my mind with the gen 5 and that my now early 2000s gen3 technology is enough. Maybe i should have sold and got the gen4 18 months ago whenI had the chance. Then maybe i wouldnt care about this stupid game dodge is puttin me through.

Sorry for the rant. I just dontknow how many more times my hopes can go up from these tbread titles only to be let down

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets be honest here! Im not the only one who has herd from people who saw it that the new viper looks pretty much like a gen3 witha differant hood and slightly more curved rear. Then the spy pics thus far seem to tell the same story.

Let me assure you that from what I remember seeing in SLC last year the we are NOT just getting "a GEN 3 with a different hood." WHen I had seen the car last year I was ready to come home and put my GEN IV up for sale immediately. This car is going to look fantastic. I am a HUGE fan of the curves of my GEN II and the GEN V is gonna have curves. SHe is gonna be bold, beautiful, aggressive, in your face, and is gonna kick ASP and take names while doing it. I have mentioned this before but to me I liken the suspense to when the Viper was first released in '92. I cannot wait to see her and I know Ralph and team will not let us down. Long Live the VIPER. :)

-nighthawk-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so excited to see the new Viper! Can't believe people think it will look exactly like the spy pics :p (the front bumper and hood no doubt will come across though)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm, a few points here. :D

Aint no new viper. Its dead. 2010 was a long time ago. The 13 models will be out soon and still no new viper.

The 13 models are not coming out soon! :rolaugh:

They still have plenty of time.

At this point what we need after all the secrecy is a totally redesighned 115k much improved interior 700 hp beaste at 3350 pounds that runs 7.17 at the ring in non acr form.

And you believe you are not getting that?

Unfortunetly after all the bs has cleared it seems very evident at this point that were just gonna get a 100k slightly improved interior 650 hp viper at 3550 pounds that runs 7.20 at the ring and barely edges out the 600 vipers due to weight in a straight line.

Did you see it written somewhere? Or is that just an opinion? My opinion based on other things is very different. :)

Yes. Good point. Go off of what others say. Well I saw it in person. I studied it till they kicked me out as I had been there so long! :rolaugh:

Yes. looked just like the current model. Minus the supercharger air catcher sticking out of the hood.

I know the viper is the top dog and people wanna knock it down. I know tnat tne 03 viper set tne world on fire with ahead of its time power and styling and just 3 years later the z06 in 06 looked just like the viper with a big displacement engine and a price closer to the viper than ever.

Yes, and Lutz was then over at GM with future Chrysler product plans. You have explained exactly why they have not released and image of it.

Im ready to buy a used gallardo used audi r8 at this point. But i keep holding on thinking anyday now you are gonna blow my mind with the gen 5 and that my now early 2000s gen3 technology is enough. Maybe i should have sold and got the gen4 18 months ago whenI had the chance. Then maybe i wouldnt care about this stupid game dodge is puttin me through.

So go get one! Then when the Gen 5 comes out, sell what ever else you got an get one! And Dodge has not played any game. They just dont show anything. :rolaugh:

Sorry for the rant. I just dontknow how many more times my hopes can go up from these tbread titles only to be let down

I can understand that part. The threads do mislead everyone. But if you know how a vehicle launch works, you know there will not be anything legit for a few more months so you open threads expecting nothing. :D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me assure you that from what I remember seeing in SLC last year the we are NOT just getting "a GEN 3 with a different hood." WHen I had seen the car last year I was ready to come home and put my GEN IV up for sale immediately. This car is going to look fantastic. I am a HUGE fan of the curves of my GEN II and the GEN V is gonna have curves. SHe is gonna be bold, beautiful, aggressive, in your face, and is gonna kick ASP and take names while doing it. I have mentioned this before but to me I liken the suspense to when the Viper was first released in '92. I cannot wait to see her and I know Ralph and team will not let us down. Long Live the VIPER. :)

Well seeing as the SLC Viper was basically a prototype design in it's infancy and we know absolutely nothing since then (particularily in regards to performance)
you have drawn some conclusions out of thin air. I hope you're right.

We DO know it is going to have all the nannies (by law) and the hopes are to sell a LOT more of them than the normal Viper sales figures.
Which can only mean a nicer interior ($$$). But at what cost to the Vipers main claim to fame....performance?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry was just pissed to be disapointed again. Viper is in the top ten best cars in the world to me.

-amazeing stlying
-rarer than a lambo
-faster straight line than most
-faster on curves than all
-v10 american caressed by italions
-200 plus mph top speed

For 105k or less??????????

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suspense is good! Remember when it took so long for the recent Ring Video to come out, people were getting really agitated. After it came out, all is forgiven! Same thing goes with this ... enjoy the ride ... it will be worth it. :D

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im lost here---Ive been hearing for the last year ..."oh I seen the car"..."Oh it looks amazing" etc....so what, did you guys sign some confidentiality agreement??? If not, why hold out on what you guys saw??

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I remember a thread asking who would buy one. I know I said yes...but only for the ACR version and only if it was gonna be under $120k. Unfortunately, and this just my opinion, I think the car will be more then $130k and will have less then 650 hp. The nannies and a fancy interior are gonna drive the price up. Lucky for me, I have a Gen 4 that rocks, and I get to wait another year for SRT to build a kickass ACR anyways.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im lost here---Ive been hearing for the last year ..."oh I seen the car"..."Oh it looks amazing" etc....so what, did you guys sign some confidentiality agreement??? If not, why hold out on what you guys saw??

You got it! Complete with full pat down before we went in!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A very active member/contributor/Viper enthusiast was banned from the VCA for life for posting a picture of something that was under a car cover and out in public, after signing that agreement. They are taking that agreement extremely seriously.

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A very active member/contributor/Viper enthusiast was banned from the VCA for life for posting a picture of something that was under a car cover and out in public, after signing that agreement. They are taking that agreement extremely seriously.
Bad Ted,don't really miss him on here though!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well seeing as the SLC Viper was basically a prototype design in it's infancy and we know absolutely nothing since then (particularily in regards to performance)
you have drawn some conclusions out of thin air. I hope you're right.

While the design may have been a prototype from the spy pics I have seen it appears to me they are keeping pretty close to what was shown in SLC. Give me them curves!!!! :)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry was just pissed to be disapointed again. Viper is in the top ten best cars in the world to me.

-amazeing stlying
-rarer than a lambo
-faster straight line than most
-faster on curves than all
-v10 american caressed by italions
-200 plus mph top speed

For 105k or less??????????

I've never seen one of those "italions"! Are they at the zoo?

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did sign an agreement and were patted down if memory serves. Twister whoever you are listening to is talking out their ***
as I remember we were told that the car we saw was very close to the production car to come. If so it will be a giant leap forward from
the Gen IV in styling.My ACR will be for sale when they release the GenV ACR