I think I just "stole" a new '08 Viper

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Purchase price of $80,000.00 (plus $299 processing fee) with the following specs: Venom red coupe w/ painted white factory stripes, graphite instrument panel and shifter bezel and polished H spoke wheels - MSRP of $92,785 -

I know folks are not crazy about venom red but the white stripes really look nice on it. I am also a huge Va Tech fan so the color scheme is perfect for me (can't wait until gameday in the fall football season). Going to pick it up later today or first thing tomorrow on Sunday. Will report back w/ pics once I figure out how to post them.

Seems like a nice bargain even for a "cheap" accountant like myself. 19 miles on the odometer.

The only bad thing is that I now need to deal with the wife when she gets home tonight and the savings account is a bit lower than when she left this morning.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awsome congrats on the purchase have fun and be safe get to know the car before you start opening her up,btw i think that color combo and wheels are awsome.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i've seen that combo in person-looks smokin imo..congrats..........i heard a rumour that a va. tech football player was actually spotted going to class :boggled: any truth ?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An excellent price, and the white stripes and H wheels look great with the Venom Red. You will love the 08! Congrats!:2tu:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive seen the venom red in person twice and its a great color. congrats! and post some pics

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
venom_red_viper_5.jpg

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it was the best color. So I think those who don't like it... well, who cares. That is why they made different colors. They made a lot of venum red because they thought it would be the best color to sell. Just my opinion. I ordered mine in that color, but I was not a stripe man so. But I think you chose well. It looks amazing and even beter in the sunlight. I have the grey int. w bezel dash and shift looks great. Enjoy!!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've also seen it in person and think it's a great color. Like so many, pictures don't do it justice. In the sunlight it's stunning.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that is a good price no matter what color combo for the 08. Enjoy the beast and be careful. It will get out from under you if you are not careful of course. Post some pics when you get a chance.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great color combo!

White stripes look so much better!
CIMG1527.JPG

CIMG1382.JPG

silver stripes

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Purchase price of $80,000.00 (plus $299 processing fee) with the following specs: Venom red coupe w/ painted white factory stripes, graphite instrument panel and shifter bezel and polished H spoke wheels - MSRP of $92,785 -

I know folks are not crazy about venom red but the white stripes really look nice on it. I am also a huge Va Tech fan so the color scheme is perfect for me

Congrats on the car and I hope you get the opportuntity to sit in it on the night of Oct 25th and cry like a baby while I'm laughing and doing the tomahawk chop. :)

I wasn't a fan of Venom Red until I saw one in the sunlight at Summit Point. Summit Point Motorsports Park It looked fantastic in the sun. The stripes will make it even better.

You might want to try out a Friday at the Track ( BSR Inc. ) Waaaaaay too many 08 Snakes have met an early death because the drivers didn't know how to handle their beast. And FAAT is a great way to learn how to drive high performance cars.

Welcome to the VA/MD/DE region. Check out our events calendar at 2008 Schedule of Events and at a minimum you have to show up for the Sept 20 horsepower challenge in Richmond. It's a charity event and a competition to see whether a Richmond area Vette club or our Viper region can have the most HP show up. Lee Stubberfield, who posted in this thread is our region pres and can tell you more about the event.

You might also want to ping Mike ( Alpine7822 ). He's a new Viper owner near you. He's active on the boards so you'll probably hear from him soon.

Another event not too far off that will give you a chance to meet the foplks in our region is the August 2nd pig roast. It isn't too far from you and I'll bet you, Mike, and a few others from the region would have a blast convoying up from Richmond.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! Just curious, where did you pick that baby up? I was at Lawrence Dodge today (looking at cars for my sister) and the salesman tried to convince me to trade in my mint 04 Mamba for a stock silver SRT. Told him if it were an 08 I'd consider it.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy. I'm also in the Richmond area (West End), so if you care to get together, drop me a pm. Headed to VIR next weekend for Viper Days...you're more than welcome to caravan down with me.

Be careful...the 08 is a mean snake!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Congrats. I too surprised my wife with the purchase of my first Viper. It showed up while she was out of town. It's been about 5 years and she's almost over it. I told her it could have been a motorcycle or a mistress and that the Viper seemed to be the best choice.

I cant wait to park next to a Venom Red Viper at VOI to see how my House of Kolors Dark Kandy Red compares. My Viper had to be some shade of Red - because as all Viper owners know - RED Vipers are the FASTEST!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice color combo and a good deal. A Coupe with Stripes is at least $87,000, so you did very good. $80,000 plus sales tax? Either way, it is a good deal.

conceptpi916

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great deal and GREAT color!! As others have already said, pictures of Venom Red dont really do it justice. You have to see it in person, in the sunlight. I happen to LOVE Venom Red!:D

Great job and be safe!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know folks are not crazy about venom red but the white stripes really look nice on it. I am also a huge Va Tech fan so the color scheme is perfect for me (can't wait until gameday in the fall football season).

A true Va Tech fan would have gotten orange stripes! :D

Looking forward to this season, hopefully another 10+ wins!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32