I think that we should have FS and WTB section

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see a lot of cars listed here and people have questions. Our classifieds are good but you can't ask questions. What do you think?

viper newbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am up for that. Same goes for parts. I would also like to see a tech section that is divided up into say Nitrous tech, Forced induction tech, and of course regular Gen 1 and 2 tech. Just my $.02 Drew

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see a lot of cars listed here and people have questions. Our classifieds are good but you can't ask questions. What do you think?
I agree with stupid 110% :p

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over at my old stomping grounds Z06vette.com, the classifieds there are like forums so you can ask and answer questions.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I am up for that. Same goes for parts. I would also like to see a tech section that is divided up into say Nitrous tech, Forced induction tech, and of course regular Gen 1 and 2 tech. Just my $.02 Drew

I'm up for a FS forum, but I already think there are too many sub-forums. Next somebody will want a "Five spoke wheel with curb rash forum." I'm already missing way to much info because I don't have time to search them all...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also think it is an excellent idea. The problem that I see is that the classifieds bring some revenue to the site for the commercial ads and non-VCA members. By bypassing the classifieds, you take away from that revenue stream, as meager as I suspect it is. Even if you restrict the suggested forum to "personal" ads only, it would take away from the paid vendors that want you to visit the classifieds. Again, just my thoughts on the matter. Oh, and since this definitely falls in the "Board & Site Suggestions/Questions", I will move this post to that forum...

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about creating a link in classifieds that would say "talk about this car here" This would take them to FS section of the forum.