I want this 2007 Viper

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and at such a great price too!, those '07s will continue to rise!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
of course there no such thing as a '07 viper, but they get registered in europe sometimes in-correctly, as when they enter the country rather than the correct way when they left the factory

though the price isnt far off what they sell for in europe, you guys get them way to cheap ! :)

heres one in the UK also for $73,000, its actually a 2005 model
Dodge : Dodge Viper SRT-10 Convertible UK car

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very rare. Hey, wait, is that a unicorn in the background of the pic too?!?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They are FRENCH, so they placed it in a cavern to age for a while, and it emerged as a 2007 Vintage big block of Yellow Stinky CHEESE.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called and the salesman sweetened the deal I was trying to make on the car saying "I'll throw in a beautiful woman who'll never complain" and at that point I knew to hang up and go back to my unicorn stable and finish cleaning the stalls.

Regards,
Aaron

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anybody got a thermostat for sale for a 65 beetle? lookin for one, no one has one i can find:eater:

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
of course there no such thing as a '07 viper, but they get registered in europe sometimes in-correctly, as when they enter the country rather than the correct way when they left the factory

though the price isnt far off what they sell for in europe, you guys get them way to cheap ! :)

heres one in the UK also for $73,000, its actually a 2005 model
Dodge : Dodge Viper SRT-10 Convertible UK car

true, my 92 is registred as a 92, but the import station was going to register it as a 97 one, because it wasn't registered anywhere untill that time, it just stood at the dealers place to attract people and convince them to buy ugly 92 Chryslers...If the former owner didn't proof that it was made in 92, it would been 97 now...

Funny thing is that it's is registerd now as a june 92 car and it wasn't build at that time ;) This date has been putten in the Dutch system because this happened to be the register date in 97 and they just took the same date in 92.

Reaction score
07's are so rare, I have yet to see one.

I heard some internet chatter just the other day that the 07's were the one generation that Dodge had troubles selling and that the largest Viper store sold just as many as the smallest Chevy store.

Urban myth? You tell me.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
07's are so rare, I have yet to see one.

I heard some internet chatter just the other day that the 07's were the one generation that Dodge had troubles selling and that the largest Viper store sold just as many as the smallest Chevy store. Urban myth? You tell me.

There was NO 2007..... hence this tongue-in-cheek thread.

Because the 2008 Gen-4 was already announced, the demand for '06s and unsold 05s was in the toilet. No one wanted to order a 505 HP 2007, when the 600+ HP 2008 had been revealed. So dodge scrapped the 2007. (Same reason there was no '83 'vette)

2002s were a very difficult sell, same reasons: 506 HP 2003! Dodge hadda convert 360 GTS to "Final Editions" to even sell them, and the remaining dozens of '02 verts were dumped in Asia.

Reaction score
There was NO 2007..... hence this tongue-in-cheek thread.

Because the 2008 Gen-4 was already announced, the demand for '06s and unsold 05s was in the toilet. No one wanted to order a 505 HP 2007, when the 600+ HP 2008 had been revealed. So dodge scrapped the 2007. (Same reason there was no '83 'vette)

2002s were a very difficult sell, same reasons: 506 HP 2003! Dodge hadda convert 360 GTS to "Final Editions" to even sell them, and the remaining dozens of '02 verts were dumped in Asia.

Gee Jon, thanks, but if you read the post again slowly this time, you will see a little humor in it.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone was asleep behind their computer at the registration desk at that time :confused: If they would have done their job they would have looked up the actual manufactured date going by the VIN number!

Funny thing is that it's is registerd now as a june 92 car and it wasn't build at that time ;) This date has been putten in the Dutch system because this happened to be the register date in 97 and they just took the same date in 92.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this talk of one of one GenIV's man I would buy that 07!!!

Not 100% sure on this, but I heard that the Gen IV was never certified for sale in Europe, thus the reason why they kept selling Gen III in 07-08-09. European Buyers guide for these years reflect this and the cars are sold as Dodge SRT 10 with the Viper name removed for some legal reasons.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not 100% sure on this, but I heard that the Gen IV was never certified for sale in Europe, thus the reason why they kept selling Gen III in 07-08-09. European Buyers guide for these years reflect this and the cars are sold as Dodge SRT 10 with the Viper name removed for some legal reasons.

that was only in the UK not in the rest of Europe, some UK guy made kit cars back in the 60's and trade marked 'Viper' as the name of his vehicle. Chrysler UK used the name without his permission, he went to court and won...
so then everything had to be rebranded Dodge SRT/10

Gen3 SRT verts were only sold officiallly here for one year, 2005, even then there was only 15 of them which proved really hard to sell them on, some of the 15 sat unsold for years.. and became 2007's when they were registered

hardly worth all the trouble...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the 2008 Gen-4 was already announced, the demand for '06s and unsold 05s was in the toilet. No one wanted to order a 505 HP 2007, when the 600+ HP 2008 had been revealed. So dodge scrapped the 2007.

Which explains why there isn't a whiff of info about the Gen 5, regarding looks or performance.
Learn from previous mistakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper