I want to join the VCA, but...

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I've been a lurker long enough, and want to join the VCA, however...

I am currently at work in the Arctic, and have no fax machine, nor do I have the full version of Adobe Acrobat so I can't edit the PDF document the VCA app comes in.

Can't I just give you guys my CC number? I hate paperwork more than words can express. I would have to paint a mural or compose an opera to adequately express my hatred for paperwork.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Wait, now that I'm reading the app, it says for new memberships it's $75 from July-September. Does that mean it's only good until December 31, 2009? If that's the case, I'll just wait until January 1, 2010.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Easiest, fastest way...have your VIN plus your VISA or MC cards ready...then call 1-800-998-1110.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
From Miami to the Arctic??:omg:

Yes, and oddly, I have the highest tolerance for cold out of any of my colleagues, most of whom are from countries near the Arctic circle (Canada, Norway, Ukraine, etc.)

Here's me taking a dip:

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Easiest, fastest way...have your VIN plus your VISA or MC cards ready...then call 1-800-998-1110.

Steve, I don't have my VIN on me, but VCA should have a record of it as I submitted it to them so I could be registered as a Viper Owner.

Can they look up the records? I can call on a satellite phone to give them the CC info.

Or maybe it's even in my profile... I'll check.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
w00t! Found the VIN in my profile. Will call as soon as my satellite connection stabilizes.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Brian, I'll send an e-mail to VCA HQ with your VIN and let them know you might be calling. It is well worth joining now and not waiting for 2010. One reason is the current raffle car: http://www.viperclub.org/downloads/GT2RaffleFlyer.pdf

Let me know if you need any additional help. Send some of the cool down our way.

Marv S.

Steve, I don't have my VIN on me, but VCA should have a record of it as I submitted it to them so I could be registered as a Viper Owner.

Can they look up the records? I can call on a satellite phone to give them the CC info.

Or maybe it's even in my profile... I'll check.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I called today and got dumped to voicemail. Fairly annoying when paying satellite phone rates :phone:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been a lurker long enough, and want to join the VCA, however...

I am currently at work in the Arctic, and have no fax machine, nor do I have the full version of Adobe Acrobat so I can't edit the PDF document the VCA app comes in.

Can't I just give you guys my CC number? I hate paperwork more than words can express. I would have to paint a mural or compose an opera to adequately express my hatred for paperwork.

Here, I thought it was slow by snail mail.... and personal check!!
hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

I'm sure you'll get it straight. I hope you're getting tons of pics from up over... Looks awsome!

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Though I can't take credit for that one. It was taken by a person next to me with a much better camera, and artistic eye, for that matter. Range was about 35-40 feet.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow absolutely AWSOME!

I am impressed!!!!! You must be in great shape to withstand those temps.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Eh, it's mind over matter for the most part. It only becomes problematic when your motor functions start to fail. The discomfort you can think through - just remind yourself it's temporary and stop thinking about it. But once the cold penetrates your muscles, they simply stop working, and it happens rather quickly. I was in for only about 5 minutes when I started having difficulty speaking (jaw muscles and tongue were failing) and had completely lost the ability to bend my fingers.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Though I can't take credit for that one. It was taken by a person next to me with a much better camera, and artistic eye, for that matter. Range was about 35-40 feet.

Ahhhh - you don't have your viper up there do you?

Absolutely beautiful - thanks for sharing pics!

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know where you are but I've spent some time on AK's North Slope...

I love the cold and the environment above the circle.... Beautiful, enjoy your time there... I suspect the VCA will wait for you..

- J

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Don't know where you are but I've spent some time on AK's North Slope...

I love the cold and the environment above the circle.... Beautiful, enjoy your time there...

Svalbard, Norway, Greenland and now the Canadian Arctic, though technically we're just below 66' so not really in the Arctic anymore.

It's beautiful for short periods of time, say a month or less. Gets depressing after a while.

I've done both northern and southern Alaska. Hands down the most visually stunning place on the planet, especially the northern areas.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's beautiful for short periods of time, say a month or less. Gets depressing after a while.QUOTE]

Everyplace does.... Just the same.. If you have a viper, the VCA will get back to you eventually I suspect.. Got snow tires on that thing??? LOL

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading your post I wondered over to the new raffle and it occured to me to remind you that as a VCA Member you can participate in raffles but raffel tickets must be faxed or mailed so you may wish to snail mail your tickets now to get in on the Lutz Viper Raffle. I just know I'm gonna win one of these days! :drive:

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I'm still confused about the membership fees. Is it $110 for a year, no matter when you join, or is it $110 for the remainder of the current year?

Say I sign up today, is the membership good from September 3, 2009 - September 3, 2010 or is it only good from now until December 31, 2009?

I've tried calling the number twice to ask these questions, but I keep getting dumped to voice mail.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
$75.00 if you join today..covers membership til 12/31/09 ONLY.

As noted, join in October, you get 15 months membership for the price of 12 months.

Your call !!!

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
All memberships expire on 12-31 of each calendar year. In your case- when you join for the 4th quarter of a year as a new member and pay the full annual membership rate, you become a 2009 member and will be automatiucally renewed for 2010.

You get up to 15 months of membership- in your case it is the 4th qth of 2009 and all of 2010 for the price of a 1 year membership.

Direct from the bylaws:
Prorated standard dues are available on a first time basis to New Members .

Schedule of standard dues and prorated stipend to Regions as follows:

4th Quarter - October to December - $115.00 Stipend to Region $55 (includes next year dues)

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if you had the 1yr membership when the car was new, and you want to renew 7 years later..are you not considered a "new" member?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4