Ideas on yellow paint ???

pacethat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2001 RT/10, but it's yellow and they look a little funny (IMO), without something to break up the color on the body.
So what have you guys seen/done to your yellow vipers to customize them. I was thinking maybe silver stripes, but I've never seen them on a yellow, so don't know what it would look like. Any ideas? Post pics if you have them.
Josh

OP
OP
P

pacethat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never really cared for black stripes...any pics of the blue or silver. My 95 was black and had a pewter stripe...loved it! Color-shifts might look cool, hadn't really thought of it...

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bzzzzzzz. If a viper looks like a bumble bee, will it still bite or will it sting.
smile.gif

I have always been a fan of the black wheels.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a little concerned over the color choice (or lack thereof) when I got my yellow Viper. I've had it about a month and I like it better all the time. My brutally honest friends, family and coworkers all give it a thumbs up as well. One thing I appreciate about it is that there just aren't that many yellow cars on the road. As a daily driver, I am also pleased that it doesn't seem to show the dirt too bad either.

My wife veto'd the black stripes and I think she was right. I have though about perhaps just blackening in the Viper logo or similar to break up the color a little, but not sure if this is blasphemy in the Viper community!

--- Ken
'01 GTS

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go, The pictures arn't great but, the car looks awesome. Was Black with Silver Stripes......

You must be registered for see images

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a post not long ago of a 2000 yellow car with white pearl stripes. If I'm not mistaken it was the same white metallic pearl used on the Cadillac Seville STS. It really looked sharp!

Mike - in Denver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, I would not change a thing. I have had a lot of cool cars, but I have never had as many thumbs up on the road as I get in my new RT/10. Even better at night.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow kicks A**!!
Just get some nice wheels and get chrome emblems, I found that it does break up the color some.
Either way you cannot go wrong with yellow. It will grow on you and you will love it.

Reaction score
Here's the pictures Viper99 was talking about. He lives right up the road from me. It is a 2001 Race Yellow with the 2003 Viper stripes added. He used the Town & Country minivan Pearl White for them. Look's good I think. Hope this helps you out some.

Norman also had the emblems painted to match the stripes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine