Idle Oscillating??

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, first I know there has been a ton of topics on the idle of a Viper. Some have reported extreme low idle and some to the point where the motor stalls at a light. Suggestions included:

Clean Idle Air Control
Replace Idle Air Control Motor

My specific problem: After the car has warmed up and when I pull up to a stop light and push the clutch in, the idle will oscillate from normal idle to nearly 0, almost to the point of dying. It will go up and down and finally settle around where it should be idling, 550 -650. I replaced the IAC motor a while back because of another issue (I polished the IAC housing and somehow screwed up the IAC motor) and cleaned the IAC housing when I replaced the IAC motor.
Somewhere I thought I read that someone suggested possible issues with the front O2 sensors. The PCM chases after an extreme signal and as the idle drops off, the signal changes the other direction and the PCM tries to compensate for it and it keeps going back and forth until it finally settles in. Anyone here of that? Also, I'm running a ROE SC and a VEC II if that makes any difference. It didn't used to do this and the only thing that has changed lately is the outside temp. It has gotten colder. Any suggestions?