If You Owned The Spiderman Viper Would You...

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'd keep it and drive it as is (without those nasty Cingular stickers of course) I think a customized GT2 mounted on the back wouldn't hurt either. I really do like the graphics and think it makes the car particualrly special.

Paul if you listening I'll bid $78,001 under these conditions: I'll give you $25k now and pay $100 every two weeks (no interest of course) until the balance is paid in full. Even give you a *ahem* lightly used Impala that you'll have no trouble driving around in.
smile.gif

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO I would leave the car alone, it's unique.

I'm sure the car would be a BIG hit were you to take it some of the bigger Comicbook Sci-Fi conventions (con promoters would more than likely make it a center-piece attraction).

I'd have FUN with the Spiderman Viper were it mine!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would just park it or track it. I think I would kind of be embarrass to drive it. To me it would be like having a moving billboard.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not change the paint! It's great (but maybe not those Cingular things on the side sills)! And I'd get in touch with the major comic-con organizers to have them pay me to have it on-site at events, and perhaps try to arrange a deal at a prominent theatre at the time of the Spiderman II movie release (you know there's going to be at least a II, III, etc.
smile.gif
). And those are just the $-making schemes off the top of my head!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:
I would just park it or track it. I think I would kind of be embarrass to drive it. To me it would be like having a moving billboard.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Cingular wanted to give me $70k+ dollars to drive around promoting cell phones and movies I'd do it in a heartbeat. I have no shame when it come to big bucks.
smile.gif

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would sell it. I'm sure that someone would pay a premium price for the special paint, perhaps as someone said, for an advertising prop. IMHO, Vipers are above that kind of paint job. Dolphins, Spiderman, flames coming out of the front like a high speed puke explosion, whatever, it just makes the car look like a freak. I can't believe that anyone who could afford to buy it would want to drive around in it. Of course I'm an old guy and probably more conservative than many on this board. I even think stripes are a little much for a street driven car. A hot rod Neon or a ricer might need painted on visual impact. The Viper has it to start with.
If someone had the Spiderman car and they showed it to me I'd say, "wow, that's great", because everyone has their own ideas about this kind of thing. It's never a good idea to diss a man's favorite car.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Bruce:
You got the car for free and all it needs is a decent paint job. Bruce

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Repainting a perfectly good Viper seems criminal IMO.
smile.gif
I've seen very few "paint jobs" that I thought were okay.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bonkers, I think you beat my lurker status of 1 year before buying a Viper!!!

get out there and get one would ya, I want to see a picture under your name, your too much a part of the family at this point, hell, get an SRT if ya have to!!
smile.gif

on topic I would mothball the thing since it's not costing much to keep it and the price was right. Hope some Spidernut with some dinero pulls into his web at a premium buck, living room fodder perhaps.

Paint scheme doesn't accentuate the lines of the car IMHO......

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by motor602:
What does Paul think????????

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, let's see, I have heard all kinds of comments concerning the car and what I should do. Everyone I know has givin me more advice than I can stand.

But, I am extremely happy to have the car!!! But, like may of you have mentioned, it is not really a car you drive around town everyday. It is a little to flashy/gaudy for my taste...the paint job is incredible, and too nice to mess up with bugs, rocks, or some a$$hole keying the thing in a parking lot somewhere. So right now it has two coats of Zaino and under a cover in my garage.

What am I planning to do with it? I don't know right now. I want to sell it, but I haven't figured out where or how to sell it to get the most out of the car. I thought aobut ebay, but the guy with the other Spiderman Viper tried ebay and only came got the highest bid of $78,100. I have had a few offers from various people, but turned them down until I could figure out what to do with it. So right now....I don't know exactly, but the car still only has 120 miles on it (had 86 on it when I picked it up). So I have driven it very little and kept it under 2500rpm's.

Maybe I'll hold on to it until the next Spiderman movie or if I get a good offer I may sell it. But I have the 95 RT that will work well. So...hope thatsums it up for my end, I would be happy to here any advice you fellas have or what you guys would do with it. Or the best places to advertise the car. Thanks, Paul
[email protected] 803-237-2700

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by genXgts:
hell, get an SRT if ya have to!!
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laughing2[1].gif

I like him, he amuses me...

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, If I owned the Spider man Viper....

First, I'd park it in the Spider Cave that I dug under my mansion.
Second, I'd put on my Spider man suit.
Third, I'd take the Spider man Viper out of the Spider cave
with my Spider man suit on.
Fourth, I'd drive it around looking for good looking chicks who
needed Spider Mans help, and I'd help them out :)

When I wasn't being the super hero that I am, I'd charge companies for me to come out for the entertainment. Of course
the Cingular signs would have to come off of the car.

An of course the Spider man Viper would now become property
of my newly formed company... oh did I mention that the
Viper would now be considered an operating expense of my new
enterprise... thanks IRS for that break.

Wow, I get to write off the cost of the car, Gas, milage put on the car, insurance, wax jobs,etc...etc...etc

Wow, you mean I can own a Viper and drive it around and get to
wear a Spider man suit and get the good looking chicks. And
I get paid to do that.... cool

Well, If I owned the Spider man Viper....