iForged Sprint wheels mounted

apun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I finally got around to mounting the wheels and tires. I got the wheels from Vincent at iForged (http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro...els-stock-ready-ship-fits-all-gen-vipers.html) and the wheels from Don at Tire Option.

iForged Sprint:
19x10 and 20x13 3 PC.
2" lip on front and 3" lip on back
Black with Polish Lip

Nitto Invo:
285/30-19 on front
345/25-20 on back

I did some weighing with my bathroom scale:

stock 18" wheel/tire front = 55 lb
stock 18" wheel/tire rear = 61 lb

19" iForged wheel/Nitto tire front = 60 lb
20" iForged wheel/Nitto tire rear = 70 lb

Looks like I gained about 5 lb per front wheel/tire and 9 lb per rear wheel/tire.

Since I had the wheels and tires shipped separately to me, I also weighed them individually:

19" iForged wheel = 28 lb
20" iForged wheel = 33 lb

Nitto 285/30-19 tire = 27 lb
Nitto 345/25-20 tire = 35 lb

Looks like 2-5 lb of air/weights per corner? Just an interesting observation...maybe my scale is not very consistent.

You must be registered for see images

Thanks Don and Vincent!

Alex

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great!

Thanks for the pics, I wanted to see what my car would look like with SRT brakes and flat black wheels (mine are gloss black). I assume yours is a 99 also due to no fog light covers?

Attachments

• silver 4.jpg
    silver 4.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Silver.jpg
    Silver.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 36
  • wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 26

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is screaming "Wheel Gap".... Eibachs for under $300! Do a search you'll find the site. It's linked right here in the VCA somewhere. Lower it about 3/4"-1" that'll be perfect.

Rims look great :2tu:

:usa:

OP
OP
A

apun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the comments...even though it was expensive for me (about $5K) total for wheels and tires, I'm happy with them. Forgot to mention, I can open the hood OK...rubs the front tires a little bit, but I'm still able to open the hood.

Looks great!

Thanks for the pics, I wanted to see what my car would look like with SRT brakes and flat black wheels (mine are gloss black). I assume yours is a 99 also due to no fog light covers?

Yup, 99.

Hey Alex,

Great wheels and BRAKES I wonder who makes them :omg:
I'll post on my web site :D

Big Brake Dave:drive:

Thanks Dave...my car brakes well too :omg:

That car is screaming "Wheel Gap".... Eibachs for under $300! Do a search you'll find the site. It's linked right here in the VCA somewhere. Lower it about 3/4"-1" that'll be perfect.

Rims look great :2tu:

:usa:

It does have Eibachs. When I went to install Dave's Big Brakes, I found out the black coil springs said Eibach on them. I wouldn't mind going lower, but then I would want on the fly adjustability to go down the road, jack it up to go up driveways, and slam it when parked...any bolt on suspension kits to do this? :dunno:

Thanks,
Alex

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man those look awesome. I know the feeling of getting new wheels. They sure do change the look of the Viper dont they? Awesome, thanks for sharing the pics. I wish I would of weighed mine before I mounted them but oh well, too late now.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the comments...even though it was expensive for me (about $5K) total for wheels and tires, I'm happy with them. Forgot to mention, I can open the hood OK...rubs the front tires a little bit, but I'm still able to open the hood.

Yup, 99.

Thanks Dave...my car brakes well too :omg:

It does have Eibachs. When I went to install Dave's Big Brakes, I found out the black coil springs said Eibach on them. I wouldn't mind going lower, but then I would want on the fly adjustability to go down the road, jack it up to go up driveways, and slam it when parked...any bolt on suspension kits to do this? :dunno:

Thanks,
Alex

I think Underground Racing is working with Penske developing some coilovers that will adjust on the fly.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

This is not a good idea for Vipers:nono: First you'd need fully adjustable coilovers(ACR,Motons,Penskes, KW etc) then you'd have to shorten your springs to allow for that hyd ram part, then you'd lose shock travel. Get the picture:omg:

This comes from 22 years of road racing & SCCA events:2tu:

Big Brake Dave:drive:

Oh :D it's going to be 77' today

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great...nice job.

And today it's -15 C up here...I hate anybody who is warm...lol
I am use to being hated, no worries nice and sunny, not a cloud in site in the 80's all day. I hate Hawaii :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant