IFORGED Wheels for 2002 GTS

Marcus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looing to get wheels for my car this winter. I am running into some difficulties gettign the correct information.

i want to run 21" wheels for the rear with a 4"+ lip. I am being told that IFORGED cannot make a 21" wheel that has a lip larger than 3" that is a 13" wide rim.

Big question is.....Is this fact or fiction?:dunno:

Looking to run P375 21 20 P-Zero's.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. :2tu:

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
21's? I'd recommend 20's in the rear. I have 20x13's in the rear of my GTS with a 5" lip. Any iforged related questions you have, I'd hit up Matt (GTSNRT10) he'll take good care of you.

PS. 375 width?????

OP
OP
M

Marcus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
21's? I'd recommend 20's in the rear. I have 20x13's in the rear of my GTS with a 5" lip. Any iforged related questions you have, I'd hit up Matt (GTSNRT10) he'll take good care of you.

PS. 375 width?????

I considered 20" with 5" lip but I am also being told that if I go with a 5" lip I will not have the ability to upgrade the breaking system in the rear.

Yes the P375 tire is pretty sick. The reason is the 21" with a P375 will have no chance of rubbing.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score

PS. 375 width?????

+1
Matt will be able to tell you what's fact and what's fiction.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not go over 19s myself but call: CCW Complete Custom Wheels. Ask for John Purner. He will make you a custom set very much like the Iforged and for a LOT less.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but do you guys who run 19s up front on your gen IIs have clearance issues when opening your hood? Someone warned me that would be an issue but I hadn't heard that before.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see how a 375 width tire is going to fit in the fender. You do realize that's almost a 15" wide tire correct?

Not to hijack, but do you guys who run 19s up front on your gen IIs have clearance issues when opening your hood? Someone warned me that would be an issue but I hadn't heard that before.

My 19's do touch the corner of my hood when opening SLIGHTLY. I never noticed till I had hood open and backed out of garage and saw where it was rubbing. So does it rub? Yes slighty, but as long as you dont move the car with the hood open no worries!

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marcus, I now have a set of 20" Iforged Daytona's on my SRT-10 that I purchased from Matt(GTSNRT10). I love the wheel, however, I decided to go with a wider lip so I am going to purchase the new Iforged Turismo wheels ELT(extended Lip) in a 20" size all the way around the car. I originally wanted to go with a 21" size wheel but was told that I would lose an inch of lip if I went with anything over a 20" wheel. With the 20" wheel, I was told that I would have a 4.5" lip. I will post pictures when I get the wheels....Good Luck!

OP
OP
M

Marcus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marcus, I now have a set of 20" Iforged Daytona's on my SRT-10 that I purchased from Matt(GTSNRT10). I love the wheel, however, I decided to go with a wider lip so I am going to purchase the new Iforged Turismo wheels ELT(extended Lip) in a 20" size all the way around the car. I originally wanted to go with a 21" size wheel but was told that I would lose an inch of lip if I went with anything over a 20" wheel. With the 20" wheel, I was told that I would have a 4.5" lip. I will post pictures when I get the wheels....Good Luck!

I would love to se the pics. If I go with the 21"S in the rear, I will run a 20 profile tire which will not effect clearance issues. Same with 20's up front. If Matt can do a 13" rim with 4" lip or even 4.5 that would satisfy my needs. My 2002 GTS has stock breaks. I do also want to upgrade my breaking system to the SRT breaks. Dan from Viper Specialty Performance is the person who works on my car. He has 21" coming for his car and he was told that 21" wheels cannot have a lip wider than 3" so i am tying to get the facts before spending cash. I think a GTS with 21" 20" setup would look sick!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you guys get ready to order a set of iForged, I am their distributor from Texas through the midwest. Shoot me a private message or email for a quote.

Tony

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the comps:2tu: Marcus, I have 20's all around on all mine, and I feel the 20's are the perfect look on the GTS. Please feel free to pm me if you want any pics etc. on any setup;)

Best regards,

Matt

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would love to se the pics. If I go with the 21"S in the rear, I will run a 20 profile tire which will not effect clearance issues. Same with 20's up front. If Matt can do a 13" rim with 4" lip or even 4.5 that would satisfy my needs. My 2002 GTS has stock breaks. I do also want to upgrade my breaking system to the SRT breaks. Dan from Viper Specialty Performance is the person who works on my car. He has 21" coming for his car and he was told that 21" wheels cannot have a lip wider than 3" so i am tying to get the facts before spending cash. I think a GTS with 21" 20" setup would look sick!

Ring around the rosie here too, eh?

Ask yourself, what do I have to gain by lying to you? You are a big enough pain in my ass as it is, I dont need THAT drama too. Since I am planning on running that size myself, and already have another set on order, AND already had a set come through me in that size, DONT YOU THINK I WOULD BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU THE REAL DEAL ON MAX SIZES?

And yes, I am friends with Mark before someone pulls the card "Thats no way to talk to a customer.......... well, except Dave6666 that is!"

But, that wont stop me from running Mark over. Forward and Reverse. With my truck. No damage to the Viper please.

finnsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
21"'s will look great on the GTS!!! A friend of mine has 21" with the 375 on his Z06 and they look the business!

I just got my 20" set, can't wait for the summer...

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960