Illiniois VCA meeting Wed, Feb 6th

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A general Meeting will be held Wednesday Feb 6th from 7:00 till 9;00 p.m at FuddRuckers in Schaumburg. This will be the last meeting at this location. Starting with the March 6th meeting, the new location will be at Max and Erma's restaurant in Burr Ridge Il. Take I-55 to the County-Line Road south exit. Proceed south 2 blocks and Max and Erma's is on your left.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding! This changes my half hour drive to an hour and a half!

How was this decision made? Who made it? I know no one asked me! Doesn't the general membership has at leat SOME input here? Or does the current president just pick the location that he/she prefers?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, this location was selected by the board because it offers the most centralized location available. BTW, it will be a longer ride for Irving, the current President, but his convenience is not why the decision was made, it was to make sure ALL members had an equal opportunity. If it was the Presidents decision it would have been there when I held office, since it is right by my house. But since I work up North, this will be a longer ride for me also. Guess what, it is not something we get a say in. The location will allow for more of the board to show, which in turn will get more business done.

I must not know where you live, but I do live in Burr Ridge and I can get to the Wisconsin boarder in under a hour and a half, and Rockford in an hour, so I am guessing that you are way West?

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if I understand corrrectly, Steve these meeting are primarily for the board, not for the general membership?

Tell me, how many people showed up on Feb 6th?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The meetings are to conduct Illinois VCA business. They are open to the membership to attend so they can get the first hand news on what is going on, and if they have any questions, hopefully get answers.

The meeting in Feb at FUDRUCKERS had around 20 people when I left. I don't know if more showed up after 8?