Illinois VCA Picnic, Car Show, Charity ride autocross Saturday July 6th

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be held in Park Forest Illinois from 10:00 a.m. till 3:00 p.m. Bring your family, sunscreen, folding chairs, and your Viper. Barbequed chicken, burgers, pasta salad, and fruit salad will be served. Free soft drinks and water available all day. Cost is $5.00 per person. Kids under 15 are free. Car show awards will be presented to class winners. Auto cross charity rides will benefit a local recreation center. Any questions call Bill Sampognaro (W-708-481-9560, H-708-534-0604) Directions from I-57; take exit #340 east(Lincoln Hwy/Rt 30) Proceed east on Rt 30 nine stop lights to Orchard Drive. Turn right. Go south approximately 2 miles to Indianwood Drive. Turn left and you will enter the Town Centre parking lot where we will be. See you there!

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a great opportunity for club members to come out and support the efforts of the club. Think of this as a general membership meeting with perks. I hope to see a number of the Northsiders making the trek down South, as for years the Southsiders came North. It promises to be a perfect day weatherwise so, there should be no excuses about a few clouds (actually they would probably be welcomed since it's been hot and sunny for quite a while).
Remember that attendance at this event may mean that you are rewarded with free passes for the NASCAR event next weekend. I remember some vocal individuals last year who didn't like the way the tickets were dispersed. Attendance at this event could net you those prized tickets. By the way, this year the participants at the Nascar event will get their guests a bonus as they get to sit in the hospitality tent. We weren't so luckey last year.
Bring the kids or your signifigant other and have a great time at the first club picnic that has been organized by our club. Man, our club has been in existance since 94 and this is our first ever picnic/car show and autocross. What took us so long? Hope to see you all there.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great show on Saturday! Everything seem to be run by professionals, as it went very smooth, and I believe a great time was had by all! Pretty good Grub also! But I didn't eat much
laugh.gif

Of course, it went extra smooth for me, as I got my wish to join in the Parade Lap this Sunday at Route 66(Last name called in the drawing! Thanks for the stress Tom)! I have a feeling everyone knows I am really looking forward to that!

Here are a couple pictures from Saturday!
Thanks to everyone for a great time!

Great set up by Richard, seems he used to work at a Used Car Lot!
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif

IllinoisVCAShow001.jpg

IllinoisVCAShow002.jpg

And then there is the Red 99 RT10, A Garage Queen! Brian, I think I see a small, tiny spot that you missed!
laugh.gif
That's Brian with the towel and Zaino in hand!

The Yellow RT has a Snake hanging out the top with a Horse in it's mouth! Both cars took 1st in there Class! And different Brian owns this one!

I should have changed my name as I didn't finish first(very happy with 2nd!)! But I did get to look at my newly installed Headers all day!!
IllinoisVCAShow003.jpg

Congratulations to all for Awesome Snakes and a Great Day!

OP
OP
T

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your welcome Casey! Bill and Tracy Sampognaro were the two smooth pros behind this event. Hope everyone had a great time.