Illustrated Upgrades Forum

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2k5SRT,
Is that something the author of a post should be able to do - fix their own posts when errors ore found? Again, only the originator of a post or the originator of a reply?
Seems like a logical thing to be able to do; however, I can see some problems.
I have seen replies where, for example, 5000 is intended, but 50000 is typed, (referring to RPM in this case)

Just a thought.

Later,

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fact that in the past, we'd post the writeups in a thread for review, feedback, tweaks before making it an offical upgrade. What will the new process be for posting write ups?

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
chris must be an attorney in life because he can argue a good point and back it up. this club is lucky to have him.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2k5SRT,
Is that something the author of a post should be able to do - fix their own posts when errors ore found? Again, only the originator of a post or the originator of a reply?
Seems like a logical thing to be able to do; however, I can see some problems.
I have seen replies where, for example, 5000 is intended, but 50000 is typed, (referring to RPM in this case)
Actually, Dorothy, you have had the ability the whole time! (sorry, Wizard of Oz joke that is common here in Kansas ;)). You can edit your own posts for 1 full day before they go into "lock down". The only thing you can't edit is your title - but e-mail a mod and they can do it for you.

I like the fact that in the past, we'd post the writeups in a thread for review, feedback, tweaks before making it an offical upgrade. What will the new process be for posting write ups?
Pretty much the same thing as before. Post it and maybe drop a note to let us know it's up there. Or you can simply send it to one of the admins or moderators via PM or e-mail and we will get it posted pronto. As always, we are delighted with any contributions you can make. We are even talking about some sort of "reward" system for those that submit those guides. Stay tuned!

chris must be an attorney in life because he can argue a good point and back it up. this club is lucky to have him.
Actually, I wanted to be an attorney as I grew up but followed my dad into telecom instead. Oops. ;) And thanks for the kind words. I simply want what is best for the club and its members. If I can somehow help the cause then I have done my job.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2k5SRT,
For example when I click on my USER NAME opposite a post (reply), I get the following options:

View Public Profile
Send a private message to ruckdr
Find More Posts by ruckdr
Add ruckdr to Your Buddy List

Now, if the sign-in is ruckdr (in this case) the option to 'modify' the post/reply could be an option.

Yes, we do have the option to 'preview' a post/reply prior to posting.

Ah, look at the bottom right portion of your post and you should see these buttons:

Click "edit" and away you go! It has nothing to do with your user name, it is what you are doing with the post itself. Hope this helps!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, I got tired just watching you reply, in great detail, here today. You deserve to kick back with a 6 pack tonight and get ready for the next round tomorrow! :D Seriously, thanks for the well thought out responses. - Tony

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, I got tired just watching you reply, in great detail, here today. You deserve to kick back with a 6 pack tonight and get ready for the next round tomorrow! :D Seriously, thanks for the well thought out responses. - Tony

Yeah, so you can WELL imagine how CHRIS must feel~~~! Chris deserves kudos for responding to everyone as he does, and so well-thought out responses too...he never chides anyone for asking a question. For sure, Chris is one our best assets on these forums~~thank you, Chris. :headbang: ~juli
(NOT an easy job by ANY means, anybody else wanta trade with Chris? I surely don't! )

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(NOT an easy job by ANY means, anybody else wanta trade with Chris? I surely don't! )

I would but I'm sure I'd piss off everyone within 15 minutes of having Chris' role. I don't deal well with people like myself :D. I have no idea how my wife and Chris puts up with me. I couldn't do it.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would but I'm sure I'd piss off everyone within 15 minutes of having Chris' role. I don't deal well with people like myself :D. I have no idea how my wife and Chris puts up with me. I couldn't do it.

Well, we'll find out Saturday, right?!! ;) :omg: LOL~~~juli

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2K5SRT, good job and you are very accurate on your explanations to people. I too am a member of both sites (platinum), as are many others I'm sure. Think how these complaints would be dealt with over there!. Well actually, they had the very same problem trying to get folks to donate earlier this year. It is a very interesting thread to read, to say the least.
I think with the new managment here at VCA, things have calmed down a lot between the two sites. I don't see nearly the amount of venom spewed about the VCA (or Morgue, as we are lovingly refered to) as I did even a year ago. I would like to think that's a testiment to the "new" VCA. Keep up the good work, and come on people, nothings free! Complaining about $100 and owning a Viper is..well..oh yea, this isn't the Alley, sorry. LOL

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2K5SRT, good job and you are very accurate on your explanations to people. I too am a member of both sites (platinum), as are many others I'm sure. Think how these complaints would be dealt with over there!. Well actually, they had the very same problem trying to get folks to donate earlier this year. It is a very interesting thread to read, to say the least.
I think with the new managment here at VCA, things have calmed down a lot between the two sites. I don't see nearly the amount of venom spewed about the VCA (or Morgue, as we are lovingly refered to) as I did even a year ago. I would like to think that's a testiment to the "new" VCA. Keep up the good work, and come on people, nothings free! Complaining about $100 and owning a Viper is..well..oh yea, this isn't the Alley, sorry. LOL

I have unfortunately, personally been attacked and will say this right in public, I will NEVER post/belong to/read anything on the 'Alley'...to each their own, but what happened over there just a few weeks ago has burst the bubble on the 'Alley', shall we say, maturing? Give me the good 'ole VCA anyday~~:headbang: ~juli

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now let's not make this an "Alley vs. VCA" debate, as nobody wins in those. Each site has something good to offer its members. One is certainly more "radical" than the other, and some like it while others don't. I enjoy both of them although spend most of my time here of course - mainly on this thread. ;)

My point in mentioning it was that others say they will just go there instead because it's "free". But like this very site, to get the most out of it you need to cough up some money. And that is what you will find on most automotive discussion forums. We just like to think we offer more than most for our non-members and members.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now let's not make this an "Alley vs. VCA" debate, as nobody wins in those. Each site has something good to offer its members. One is certainly more "radical" than the other, and some like it while others don't. I enjoy both of them although spend most of my time here of course - mainly on this thread. ;)
My point in mentioning it was that others say they will just go there instead because it's "free". But like this very site, to get the most out of it you need to cough up some money. And that is what you will find on most automotive discussion forums. We just like to think we offer more than most for our non-members and members.

Agreed--as I said, to each their own :) . ~juli

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gawd... things were much more fun when I disagreed with TPTB here :rolleyes:

This is a fair setup. Make friends with people here, and you'll have Vipertech consultants via pm/phone/email/in person for life... FREE! No membership required. Bandwidth to access a growing list of organized DIY's for members only is NOT unfair.

As for benefits, I am missing a HUGE benefit that we no longer offer: Skip Barber. I know Skip and Dodge parted company last year, and VCA members are no longer special there (the 25% discount paid for the membership here). Any chance we can get a deal with another driving school? Jim Russell... Panoz... Bondurant?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for benefits, I am missing a HUGE benefit that we no longer offer: Skip Barber. I know Skip and Dodge parted company last year, and VCA members are no longer special there (the 25% discount paid for the membership here). Any chance we can get a deal with another driving school? Jim Russell... Panoz... Bondurant?
If you are looking for a driving school that provides the cars, let's see what we can do. I would be willing to bet we can arrange something with one of the above. If you want to drive your own car, Viper Days is the way to go AND they will give VCA members a pretty sizable discount - up to 50% depending on the venue!

One way or another, let's see what we can do as a club to satisfy that need for speed... :2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are looking for a driving school that provides the cars, let's see what we can do. I would be willing to bet we can arrange something with one of the above. If you want to drive your own car, Viper Days is the way to go AND they will give VCA members a pretty sizable discount - up to 50% depending on the venue!

One way or another, let's see what we can do as a club to satisfy that need for speed... :2tu:

Planning on doing Viper Days sooner rather than later... only problem is that it just takes a bit more commitment (prepping your own car and such). One of the other schools is a great way to get people you know involved. I've taken several clients to Skip Barber in the past, but can't do that with ViperDays. Also, it would be a good deal for someone who's looking for more advanced classes offered by these schools.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried the "Alley" and didn't get any usefull information. Being a writer I didn't get any spelling or grammar corrections, which is unusual. And answering 'noob' questions I did manage to pile up quite a few negative rep points.

Learned a lot about **** there too. But nearly nothing about Vipers - that's where this site comes in. Less haters and actual useful info without being told to buy a vette.

Last month I almost took advantage of the $4,000 savings to VCA members on buying a new pickup. May pursue that savings in the future though.

I think the VCA is great and am looking forward to getting my raffle Viper next month since I bought the winning ticket.

When I attended a car show in Mission BC with a bunch of other VCA members we had free hotdogs and sausages under a tent while the other hundreds of "car crazies" were standing out in the rain. Attending the Revelstoke Rally I saved over $100 on my room charges, got a banquet, a VCA Tshirt, the wife got a door prize, 2nd place plaque, security guards watching the cars at night and met about 30 great people!

I can't recommend the VCA and it's benefits enough.

Ted

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried the "Alley" and didn't get any usefull information. Being a writer I didn't get any spelling or grammar corrections, which is unusual. And answering 'noob' questions I did manage to pile up quite a few negative rep points.
Learned a lot about **** there too. But nearly nothing about Vipers - that's where this site comes in. Less haters and actual useful info without being told to buy a vette.
Last month I almost took advantage of the $4,000 savings to VCA members on buying a new pickup. May pursue that savings in the future though.
I think the VCA is great and am looking forward to getting my raffle Viper next month since I bought the winning ticket.
When I attended a car show in Mission BC with a bunch of other VCA members we had free hotdogs and sausages under a tent while the other hundreds of "car crazies" were standing out in the rain. Attending the Revelstoke Rally I saved over $100 on my room charges, got a banquet, a VCA Tshirt, the wife got a door prize, 2nd place plaque, security guards watching the cars at night and met about 30 great people!
I can't recommend the VCA and it's benefits enough.
Ted

Amen... (Same as I said TO some 'alley' members) :2tu: ~juli
(And, again, to each their own....)

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay....you guys convinced me to join. I just called HQ and signed up. I look forward to being a member for the rest of 07 and throughout 08! Geez, I'm easy!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay....you guys convinced me to join. I just called HQ and signed up. I look forward to being a member for the rest of 07 and throughout 08! Geez, I'm easy!

LOL--glad that's not on YOUR license plate!! Welcome aboard :2tu: ~~now where are you located and what Viper do you have? Pictures would be great! ~juli

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in Colorado. I bought a yellow 2001 RT/10 off Ebay about two yrs ago from Montana. I have a few pictures her in the gallery under my username. I look forward to attending some events in the near future!

My license plate is "ITL BITE"...though I suppose "IM EASY" would be just as appropriate!

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
a buddy of mine's Dad down in Georgia has/had a Viper with the plate "itlbytu" or something of that nature.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in Colorado. I bought a yellow 2001 RT/10 off Ebay about two yrs ago from Montana. I have a few pictures her in the gallery under my username. I look forward to attending some events in the near future!
My license plate is "ITL BITE"...though I suppose "IM EASY" would be just as appropriate!

Just checked 'em out, beautiful!!! Like the license plate~! ENJOY!!! ~juli
Like that license plate too as well, Limit~~itlbytu~~kinda like what ViperTony was going for in IT BYTES (computer talk!)...like that one too. ~juli

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte