1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm convinced Motor Trend hates the Viper (Video)

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by mnc2886, Jul 14, 2013.

1. DMan

DMan Enthusiast

We're in total agreement, my friend.

GT500: Motor Trend got 11.6, Car and Driver got 11.7, AutoWeek got 11.7 using LC - at the same track I got my 11.6, using the same technique they did.
    Gen5: best mag time to date is 11.3. Last time I checked, that's way quicker than an 11.6-11.7. And that's just mags.

Difference is, GT500 IMO is about as good as it get at an 11.6 or so, not because thats what i got and im that good, just because it'd be hard to beat what the LC does manually, a pro maybe, but not much IMO. The gen5 at 11.3 I can assure you there are guys right here that'll do better than that, I expect one of our good shoes to log a 10.XX.

At Laguna, the GT500 was 4 secs behind the TA, that's a different class kinda difference. But that's not really the whole story cause the brakes as stock on the GT500 have great calipers and horrible rotors and start fading within 3 laps. Ask me how I know. LoL. So in a trackday session, it'd be worse than 4 sec difference over 20 laps. So it's waaay fun, still in the top 20 production cars around Laguna, but easily lapped by a Viper given a full session.

I would note that the GT500 was faster around Laguna than the 2012 MB SLS AMG. Not bad for a 'stang, but uh yea, it ain't a Viper.

2. DMan

DMan Enthusiast

Must be a technique for those 10 sec Civics you speak of, maybe we can share a canopy at a trackday one day and you can learn me bout them 4 bangers.

And my posts are sprinkled with sarcasm through out, it's all in good spirit.

We're more alike than different, after all - we both love the Viper and think MT is bonkers. That's serious common ground.

3. kratedisease

kratedisease Enthusiast

Mr. VIPER GTSR 91, please note that mentioning other BRANDS on this forum is not against the rules.......at least not yet !!!

4. PeerBlock

PeerBlock Enthusiast

I'd really like to get my viper onto a road course. I've been doing the drag racing thing for a while and I'd just like something new and more challenging.

The important thing to know about 10 sec civics is that driving around in them is like coming out of the closet...after they surprise everyone at the track for a moment people realize they're still pretty gay.

5. Nine Ball

Nine Ball Enthusiast

Why did you have to bring me into your banter? The only thing I learned from your infamous 3rd gear 1:1 thread is that you are a blowhard that learned everything about cars from reading "Cars for Dummies".

:rolaugh:

6. PeerBlock

PeerBlock Enthusiast

I was hoping to get a free jar of Nine Ball's Special Reserve Dyno Smoothing Gel to apply to my Viper's drive shaft before I put it in for a dyno.

7. ViperGal

ViperGal Enthusiast

It is a magazine. It is simply about advertising dollars. He who advertises and spends the most gets the most 'editorial review' advertising as well. Their opinions are bought not factual unfortunately. Have no fear .. the truth will always set you free. We know we rule the track and the street! :drive: