I'm sick of haters including Viper owners

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'m sick of haters including Viper owners

Since I've had my Viper, almost ALL experiences have been positive. Sure I get the occasional drunk idiot or just idiot in general who wants to badmouth me and/or the car. Just dont let it bother you.

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've had mostly postivie responses to the Viper, no bad experiences at all. And, I'm always willing to pass the time of day with whomever wants to talk cars.

So, who doesn't like it when someone thinks your car is cool. I know I do. Just remember, they think your *car* is cool, not you....

Jim

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Having a Viper, I almost feel obligated to talk to people who approach me. These are special cars that only a few people ever get to own. It really kills the allure of a Viper if the owner is a ****. Before I bought my Viper, I would chase down any Viper I saw and want to talk to the owner about it. I never ran into anyone who wouldnt answer all my questions and let me take pics with their Viper. I always said if I ever got to buy one, I'd be the same way :2tu:

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Having a Viper, I almost feel obligated to talk to people who approach me. These are special cars that only a few people ever get to own. It really kills the allure of a Viper if the owner is a ****. Before I bought my Viper, I would chase down any Viper I saw and want to talk to the owner about it. I never ran into anyone who wouldnt answer all my questions and let me take pics with their Viper. I always said if I ever got to buy one, I'd be the same way :2tu:
I feel the exact same way, i am very nice to anyone who approaches me and i answer all their question, let them take pictures and sit in my car. I'm only 24 so the younger crowd feels pretty comfortable talking to me and i just assure them with hard work and dedication if they really want a Viper then its possible. look at me i'm a U.S Marine and i have one, i'm FAR from rich lol....VERY VERY FAR haha. Its awesome to see the smile on an 18 year old guys face when i just let him sit in it, so i usually take them for a ride also when i have the time.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very unusual. I've made more friends and acquaintances since owning a Viper.

Yeah....fat chicks, homo's and sheep !! :nana:

What are you doing here? Take your ******* filth over to that forum where all the Viper **** hang out. This forum is for us good boys.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yeah, I rib one of our local members about his "shiny primer" Viper. Its only meant in fun, just as his comments about my car are meant. :cool:
But don't you have one of the Vipers with those girlish Connelly interiors? :)
Exactly :).

Personally I thought the Connelly interiors looked positively tacky on a red car, but changed my mind when I saw them on a black car. Sure looks a lot better than the Gen I gray, or the black interior of the common Gen II color combo - in my opinion, of course.

OP
OP

2000gtsgsxr1000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vic, I agree I don't let anyone know I own a Viper in my course of business,it can create a hassle when payment time comes.I sure don't collect rent in my car either.As far as the K.C. club yea right- a officer sends out a email to all members and I quote, "The early year Vipers are much cheaper now and can potentially change what the club is all about.I want to keep our club exclusive for the ********* Viper fanatics".What the hell is a new member going to think.I thought this was a car club not a country club.I thought the only requirement was to own one of any year.I showed this to other car club members and they couldn't believe it.So I don't think it's just me on this one.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As far as the K.C. club yea right- a officer sends out a email to all members and I quote, "The early year Vipers are much cheaper now and can potentially change what the club is all about. I want to keep our club exclusive for the ********* Viper fanatics".
Actually, he was not speaking on behalf of the club (and you know it) and it is taken out of context as well. This was an e-mail conversation we were having in January with all of our membership about club dues and whether National should be raising them to $125 per year from the current $100. This one single person replied with the above quote and went on to say in that same e-mail, "Think about it, if you can’t afford ten bucks a month, should you really be driving a Viper?" I don't think his comment was intended to "diss" older generation Vipers or their owners - especially since he drives one himself. Hell, he disses the Gen III all the time (as do many, many Gen I/II owners) and constantly refers to my "Honda S2000" whenever I am around. I shrug it off and consider the source. I know how he is and that he doesn't mean anything by it. I sure as hell won't quit the club because of it.

It is unfortunate that you did not reply to my e-mails after that and interesting that you chose to join with a club 250 miles away versus one in your own back yard. You won our very first meeting raffle ($100 worth of stuff), had a great time with all of the other Viper owners at the events you did attend (or so you told us), and we worked hard to make sure your VIPER magazine was getting delivered after it initially failed to show up. Seems to me that because one guy pissed you off (and "officer" doesn't always mean "politician") that you chose to diss the entire Kansas City VCA in return.

It's really a shame and pretty ironic to boot with your "country club" comments above: I think we are the ONLY regional club to offer Associate Membership to non-Viper owners. Indeed, an SRT Ram owner that joined last year recently bought a Gen I Viper. And we couldn't be happier for him. We welcome any and all Viper owners regardless of income, religion, race, or politics. We always have and always will. We are the very last region that would play the "country club" B.S. Of that I can guarantee you as I personally despise that mentality more than you could ever imagine.

Dave, we were sorry to see you go and I noted that in my last e-mail to you earlier this year (and you didn't reply to that one either). I would respectfully ask that you quit insulting me and the other 110 Kansas City Viper Club members with these "Kansas City" comments. You are doing far more damage than the single comment that apparently spawned your ill will. Feel free to focus your diatribe on Jerry if you wish. He is a big boy and can defend his comments just fine. Just show a little respect for your fellow Viper owners and leave the rest of us out of it.

Best regards,

Chris Marshall
President, Kansas City VCA

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Having one of the Oldest Vipers in the KC VCA I can tell you Chris, Jerry, Mary, and all of the rest of the KC VCA have never treated me as anything less than Family.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can honestly say I was extremely surprised by this thread for two reasons. One, because I've never had anything but positive experiences from 99% of the people out there on the road about my car...(the other 1% being the guy who catches his girlfriend/wife staring at it, so he sneers at me). And two, because the KC Viper Club is one of the biggest reasons why I bought the Viper. Chris and Mary (and Jerry and the rest of the group) made sure I was invited to EVERYTHING they did as a club, even when all I owned was my Supra. I was treated like a part of family even driving my lowly Toyota. What a cool group.

We have a Lotus owner as a part of our "associate" program, and the club has personally extended invitations to other car owners to attend our events, including, but not limited to, one of my buddies with a Nissan Skyline GTS-R.

Our own Event Coordinator owns a 1993 GenI and he is as much an integral part of the group as the guys with the Supercharged SRT-10s. There is no class or caste system at all in this club.

I'm sorry that something someone said in part of one email one time bothered you so much. Maybe we can all sit down and talk about it over dinner on the last Tuesday of this month! :2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just my $0.02--having a newer more expensize Viper does not make someone more ******** than a Gen 1/2 owner! Some Viper owners just buy the cars because they look good and are fast, and dont know a thing about them. A ******** Viper person knows the Viper's history, whether they own a Gen 1, 2 or 3. Money doesnt equal knowledge

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As far as the K.C. club yea right- a officer sends out a email to all members and I quote, "The early year Vipers are much cheaper now and can potentially change what the club is all about. I want to keep our club exclusive for the ********* Viper fanatics".
Actually, he was not speaking on behalf of the club (and you know it) and it is taken out of context as well. This was an e-mail conversation we were having in January with all of our membership about club dues and whether National should be raising them to $125 per year from the current $100. This one single person replied with the above quote and went on to say in that same e-mail, "Think about it, if you can’t afford ten bucks a month, should you really be driving a Viper?" I don't think his comment was intended to "diss" older generation Vipers or their owners - especially since he drives one himself. Hell, he disses the Gen III all the time (as do many, many Gen I/II owners) and constantly refers to my "Honda S2000" whenever I am around. I shrug it off and consider the source. I know how he is and that he doesn't mean anything by it. I sure as hell won't quit the club because of it.

It is unfortunate that you did not reply to my e-mails after that and interesting that you chose to join with a club 250 miles away versus one in your own back yard. You won our very first meeting raffle ($100 worth of stuff), had a great time with all of the other Viper owners at the events you did attend (or so you told us), and we worked hard to make sure your VIPER magazine was getting delivered after it initially failed to show up. Seems to me that because one guy pissed you off (and "officer" doesn't always mean "politician") that you chose to diss the entire Kansas City VCA in return.

It's really a shame and pretty ironic to boot with your "country club" comments above: I think we are the ONLY regional club to offer Associate Membership to non-Viper owners. Indeed, an SRT Ram owner that joined last year recently bought a Gen I Viper. And we couldn't be happier for him. We welcome any and all Viper owners regardless of income, religion, race, or politics. We always have and always will. We are the very last region that would play the "country club" B.S. Of that I can guarantee you as I personally despise that mentality more than you could ever imagine.

Dave, we were sorry to see you go and I noted that in my last e-mail to you earlier this year (and you didn't reply to that one either). I would respectfully ask that you quit insulting me and the other 110 Kansas City Viper Club members with these "Kansas City" comments. You are doing far more damage than the single comment that apparently spawned your ill will. Feel free to focus your diatribe on Jerry if you wish. He is a big boy and can defend his comments just fine. Just show a little respect for your fellow Viper owners and leave the rest of us out of it.

Best regards,

Chris Marshall
President, Kansas City VCA

When Chris puts it down like that...

GAMEOVER...

1122releases_01.jpg

YOU LOSE...

OP
OP

2000gtsgsxr1000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris, all I can say is I'm sorry.This has gotten out of hand.You are a stand up guy and excellent prez.You and Mary bust your butts and I think I communicated that to you.In the short time I was in I saw how well this club and yourself were respected.This wasn't directed at you at all.If he was not speaking for the club he's still an officer and yes I and others members were offended.If he didn't mean that then why didn't he answer my e-mails? Isn't an officer suppose to communicate with members.Chris, I didn't get any of your e-mails except to the group,maybe that's where this thing went wrong.Exclusive is defined as,admitting only certain people to membership.This to me would be owning any Viper PERIOD.I don't know him and I don't think this was about cost of membership. I'm passionate about my Viper and all my cars,maybe too passionate.I showed this to other clubs I'm in and they couldn't believe it.As far as I'm concerned this is over and it's no big thing.If I had that big of a problem with it don't you think it would've came out before now? Once again I apologize Chris and I understand this is your baby and you were offended.Sometimes we don't interpret what exactly people are trying to say on this media.Please understand where I and others members are coming from when we take offense to this.Don't we have better things to do like drive our cars? Sorry for the hassle.Dave

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dave (2000gtsgsxr1000),

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I see that some of this has to do with an email that I sent out many months ago. As Chris stated we were having a conversation about the VCA raising the dues. It was a $25 a year increase. I had no problem with the additional amount.

Why did I not respond to your email? I had no clue who you were or what you were asking. You sent an email to me from RENTTOYOU@ISP?? with no name or signature. All of my emails have my name in the email address and on the signature. Heck, look at my name on this web site….it matches too.

Our club allows associate members. You don’t have to own a Viper to join our club, just the passion to one day own a Viper. I tried to join the club six years ago and was told that I could not. After buying a Viper and joining the club, I pushed to allow Associate Members to educate potential buyers. Associate memberships can potentially allow “tire kickers” into the club. Is this a problem? You betcha. The Kansas City Club spends more than $100 per member/year. If we get Corvette or Mustang owners to join just to get a free Dyno day, drag race day, or ½ off at Big Brothers KS Speedway…all these events, it cuts into the ********* Viper owners fun. This is what I meant by keeping the club exclusive.

I don’t disrespect any of the older Vipers. I do disrespect the newer GenIII Vipers. Myself and Chris tango at every monthly meeting. I myself own an old 98 GTS.

Older Vipers will change the club, lets not sugarcoat it. Back in early 90’s, you were a high roller to own a new Viper. You did not see too many young people in their 20’s owning Vipers. Now things have changed. I have seen the club change since I joined five years ago. Back then most of the members were older guys that owned a business.

Do I take back anything that I said in the email that was sent to the entire club? No. Did I mean it? Yes.

I hope you decide to come back to the number Viper Club in the world…the Kansas City Club. I will buy your dinner at the next monthly meeting that you attend.

Jerry Dobson