i'm sick of haters!

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: i\'m sick of haters!

And if you really want to get them pissed leave the club with one of their girlfriends in the passenger seat ;)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like my 97 GTS, but I don't like the holier than thou attitude that seems to permeate this thread.

You seem to be the only person here holier than thou... I don't see you addressing my previous points countering your obsurd statement that there are sooo many Vipers like there are soo many vettes compared to the GT (NOT GT40 - Ford doesn't own the rights to that name... shows what you know). Taking on the easy ones first? :rolleyes:

Foot tastes yummy, no? :buttkick:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't like a @$$ anymore than the next guy, but even the biggest @$$ with the biggest attitude that gets out of his fancy car doesn't deserve to have his car spat on or confronted and dressed down for his choice of cars.

Doesn't it make that person an even bigger @$$? Seems like Greg is one with the @$$e$. :rolleyes:

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you REALLY want to own your dream car “pull your pants up, turn your hat around, and get a frick’in job! Don’t be pissed at the one that did.

AMEN man. Few seem to get that in our society today. That and common sense.
Andrew and One Day,THANK YOU!!This society is full of underachievers who spend way too much time resenting those who have achieved some measure of success and way too little time really trying to improve their own lot in life!If these same individuals gave to doing something productive half the time and energy they waste on envy,whining,and making excuses,they would not be the losers they are.

As to the number of Vipers vs. Ford GTs,Warfang has a point-given years in production,it's fairer to compare the GT to the SRT-10 Viper production numbers.

And GREG D,I am oh so crushed that the participants in your local street racing scene don't think the Viper is their dream car(sarcasm totally intended)!I think my opinion of street racing is fairly well known here,but I'll give you the short version:there is a word for those who refuse to observe the rules,refuse to put in required safety equipment,and refuse to take it to the track-that word is STUPID!(Actually,a few more colorful expressions come to mind,but that sort of language is unacceptable in this forum).Given that,care to guess just how much weight I give to the opinions of those who have thus established their intellectual level? :evilmad: I personally don't care what they choose to drive,but I do care what they do on the public roads I drive on,and that's not snobbery,it's common sense!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i went out clubing tonight and it never fails. why do so many people hate us for driving the cars we love? :mad: half the dudes at the bars want to fight, or tell me my car ***** etc... but the a-hole that took the cake was the one that spit on my damn car!! don't worry he got what he had coming. i still don't feel any better though. nights like tonight make me not want to drive my car in the city anymore. i seem to get a lot more negative attention, rather than positive.

Remember, when they say "hater" things about your Viper, they are really "lovin'" it (because they wish they were driving it, not you :) ). They would not say anything if they really hated it.

Side note... I would think Clubbin' and Vipers would not mix well... or should I say "mixed drinks" and Vipers should not mix ;)

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've been a Viper lover and owner since 95. And its been great. And have delt with these haters since then. Even had a guy at a car show back in 96 I think, with a beuitiful restored 69 Hemi Road Runner come up and say my car was not a real Mopar it was just a piece of modern garbage. And I know I should know better but when he challenged to a race I could'nt resist and I beat him pretty good. I adviced him not to bother since his car was allegedly stock. It did have headers. But he still wanted some sneaky Pete whup ass. I know if it had a cam and bigger carbs it would've been a though race. But I won and he could't beleive. Kep in mind this was 1996 and Vipers didn't have the rep they have now. The bar thing with the haters gets old after a while and I still go to my local town bar but I know the owner and the bouncers and they keep an eye on my car which I park in front and they check the haters as soon as they get to laod with the stupid coments.

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"I think my opinion of street racing is fairly well known here"

Is it? That's why I see so many "Kill Stories" posted here about encounters ON THE STREET? One guy even numbers his motorcycle kills. So why didn't you jump in and chastise them? Ops, Now who’s the hypocrite?

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Ford doesn't own the rights to that name... shows what you know)"

I am well aware that Ford sold the rights to the GT 40 and when they tried to buy them back the owner wanted a small mint and F0RD balked. I just felt it would be easier for you to understand.

BTW, What is K&N Filers? (Fix your signature)

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Is it? That's why I see so many "Kill Stories" posted here about encounters ON THE STREET? One guy even numbers his motorcycle kills. So why didn't you jump in and chastise them? Ops, Now who’s the hypocrite?"

It was almost 10 years ago. It doesn't make it right, I know. I don't get involved in those practices anymore. Have a business and hopefully a little wiser with age, not a lot more, LOL! My Viper will always make me feel like a young man again. Sorry if I offended you with my story.

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Doesn't it make that person an even bigger @$$? Seems like Greg is one with the @$$e$.
"

Seems like someone who not only alters the emission controls on a California vehicle and then brags about it in their signature is the @$$. What is the EO number on those RR's, Nitrous kit and TB's? Hope the CARB\BAR is not reading this board, it could get expensive.

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It was almost 10 years ago. It doesn't make it right, I know. I don't get involved in those practices anymore. Have a business and hopefully a little wiser with age, not a lot more, LOL! My Viper will always make me feel like a young man again. Sorry if I offended you with my story.

Sorry Forged Horsemen, but I wasn't referring to you.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is it? That's why I see so many "Kill Stories" posted here about encounters ON THE STREET? One guy even numbers his motorcycle kills. So why didn't you jump in and chastise them? Ops, Now who’s the hypocrite?
See rule no.8 under "Site Posting policies". 'nuff said.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Ford doesn't own the rights to that name... shows what you know)"

I am well aware that Ford sold the rights to the GT 40 and when they tried to buy them back the owner wanted a small mint and F0RD balked. I just felt it would be easier for you to understand.

BTW, What is K&N Filers? (Fix your signature)
That's a lot of talk for someone who still haven't responded to having your lame @$$ assessment of rarity of GT's vs. Vipers pointed out and smacked down.

Hey... thanks for pointing out my typos. Unlike @$$e$ such as yourself, I have no problems admitting my faults. I didn't realize you needed the correct spelling by one letter to know what it is... I better change it quick before you think I have filing cabinets under my hood. Common mistake. :rolleyes:

...for an @$$

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"That's a lot of talk for someone who still haven't responded to having your lame @$$ assessment of rarity of GT's vs. Vipers pointed out and smacked down"

OK, you want responses?

Ford produced a total of 2603 GTs for combined model years 05 and 06. ALOT less than total Vipers produced in 2005 and 2006? (You can fill in the Viper production numbers)

"Also, Ford can't stay in the game long enough to keep making GT's, so after 3 yrs, they'll stop making them."

If you knew anything about the GT, you would know that F0RD only planned a two-year run. I quote FORD

"The end of production this year is timed to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the famous first, second and third place finish of the original Ford GT40 cars, on which the car is closely modeled, in the 1966 LeMans race."

I feel sorry for you if you have to rip others to make yourself look good.

Since I addressed your concerns, maybe you can humor me and respond to my concerns I voiced earlier. Why do you think your above the law and can install parts on your Viper that can alter the emissions? What is the EO number of those RRs, TB's and Nitrous kit?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"That's a lot of talk for someone who still haven't responded to having your lame @$$ assessment of rarity of GT's vs. Vipers pointed out and smacked down"

OK, you want responses?

Ford produced a total of 2603 GTs for combined model years 05 and 06. ALOT less than total Vipers produced in 2005 and 2006? (You can fill in the Viper production numbers)

"Also, Ford can't stay in the game long enough to keep making GT's, so after 3 yrs, they'll stop making them."

If you knew anything about the GT, you would know that F0RD only planned a two-year run. I quote FORD

"The end of production this year is timed to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the famous first, second and third place finish of the original Ford GT40 cars, on which the car is closely modeled, in the 1966 LeMans race."

I feel sorry for you if you have to rip others to make yourself look good.

Since I addressed your concerns, maybe you can humor me and respond to my concerns I voiced earlier. Why do you think your above the law and can install parts on your Viper that can alter the emissions? What is the EO number of those RRs, TB's and Nitrous kit?

Took you long enough... Viper production per year, I believe, usually hovers in the 2k-4k. I'll let the smarter folks here give the actual #'s. You said 12 to 1, GT to Viper... Obviously WRONG. Be man enough and admit it. They ONLY planned a 2 yr run, because they knew it would cost to much to be in compliance afterwards, hence "can't stay in the game"... not to mention they closed the plant... oops. :rolleyes:

My GTS came with all that stuff installed. The nitrous tank sits in my garage until I find a buyer... I have no use for it. It passed all emmissions when I got it, otherwise, I wouldn't have... not a grease monkey enough to know the difference.

Nice try diverting us from your stupidity, but we know what we know... you're an @$$. Go spit on your own car. :buttkick:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's sad that there are people here (alledged Viper owners at that) that would defend the indefensible. There is not one good reason to spit on a man's car, whether it's a nice car or not. You might not like the guy... feel free to talk all the smack you want. This is a free country. But when you vandalize another person's property, that's crossing the line.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You still didn't answer my question, What is the EO numbers for those illegal smog parts? Maybe you should contact the California Air resource Board (CARB) to ask. If your too busy, I can ask for you.

"not a grease monkey enough to know the difference."

Here we go again with the I am holier than thou. SO people who work on their cars are "Grease Monkeys? Thanks for enlightening us.

"My GTS came with all that stuff installed. The nitrous tank sits in my garage until I find a buyer... I have no use for it. It passed all emmissions when I got it, not a grease monkey enough to know the difference. "

Ignorance is no excuse. Next time you go for a smog, ask the smog tech if your RRs, TBs and nitrous kit (sans bottle) are smog legal. Wanna bet you fail? Oh I know, you didn't know so it's legal right? What a Hypocrite.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

uh huh... your points still don't hold up. You still condone vandalizing another person's property. You can't seem to come up with a good reason for it.

Grease monkey is not a derogatory remark as far as I'm concerned. It's holier than thou of you to assume so. Some people take pride in that being able to work on their cars. I wish I could.

Thanks for sharing your vast knowledge of california emissions... as if that's relative to this thread. We all know it's just a lame attempt at distraction from your invalid remarks (didn't work). I'll make sure to ask for the once over on my next smog, and remove whatever is not compliant. I'm happy with a stock Viper. :2tu:

Guess what? You're still a @$$ and everybody knows it. :buttkick: :nana: :nana: :nana:

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey i'm a grease monkey and my car dosent pass emissions either bahahaha cause where i live no cats are needed or should i say where my car is registered :)
You guys crack me up. Don't spit on other peoples cars or your liable to get your teeth knocked out and in my opinion they deserve it!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't spit on other peoples cars or your liable to get your teeth knocked out and in my opinion they deserve it!

That sums it up perfectly. When my car was spit on, if I couldve found the person who did it, I wouldve made them put their mouth on a curb and rammed my foot into the back of their head as hard as I could.

As for the term grease monkey, I've never seen it as a negative nickname either. I would be glad to be called a grease monkey if it meant I knew how to work on my own car.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here we go again with the I am holier than thou.

Ok Greg,everyone has opinions,and evidently from your posts,it is your opinion that some/most of us here are ***holes.Fine.It should be equally obvious to you that some of us also have opinions,one of which is that you just might be an ***hole. These are just opinions,so let's just agree that we disagree,and either get back to the original topic or move on to something else.There's no point in having this degenerate into a battle of egos.

Reaction score

I guess there's one in every crowd.

Anyway, on this topic of haters, I just posted in a thread on the Mustang Forum I belong to entilted "Viper SUX. That's right I said it" Pretty stupid stuff in there. Not much that holds water. Although I'm an avid Viper fan I didn't really post too much as I don't want to get into an argument with the ignorant.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The first night I had my Viper, I was staying at the Hyatt Hotel, downtown Fort/Worth TX to drop my car off at Viperspeed the next morning. I tipped the Valet guy $20 and asked him to keep it parked out front over night to keep an eye on it. Later I was eating dinner at a sports bar across the street and positioned myself so I could see my new dream ride. I watch later as two high school kids and their girl friends zoned in on the Viper and rushed over to get a closer look. As I passed by the car on my way back to the room I noticed one of them spit on the hood. I was pissed and shocked. I thought what does it tell the girls these kids are with, to spit on somebody's beautiful car you just ran over to admire? 1. That your some little chicken [******] that spits! On somebody's car to show aggression towards them while there not looking or 2. That I’m somebody that will never own a car such as this so it OK to spit on it because I never find myself in the owners shoes.

I don’t think the kids were out of high school and already they see the glass half empty. [******] pathetic little [******]’s

When I was in 6th grade some kid spit on my new bicycle seat right in front of me. The kid was bigger than me and in 7th grade, but I just snapped and quickly grabbed the kids shirt and snatched it off his body to wiped his spit off my seat. Everybody just froze, they couldn’t believe I just did that, neither could I, temporary insanity had set in and I was pissed. The kid was so shocked he just turned around and hauled ass. Everybody just looked at me like “McGowen what have you done”. It was actually funny. Nobody ever messed with me or my bike again:)

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

REALITY CHECK, not everyone dreams about owning a Viper. While at the local street races/Cruise spot last night, I asked around about Vipers, Ford GT's and Corvettes, the big three’s sports cars. EVERYONE unanimously agreed the Ford GT was the one car they would do just about anything to own. The Viper and 06 ZO6 Corvette were a virtual dead heat, BUT no one claimed to dream about owning a Viper OR Corvette.

Okay, I'll jump in an play. Does the above comment make any sense to anybody? The response is to the assertation that 99% of people dream of owning a Viper, but the argument is that because there are other cars they dream of owning more (like the GT), it doesn't matter. So, somehow if 100% "would do just about anything" to own a GT, no one dreams of owning anything else? Hey, I have a Viper, and I still dream of owning another one!

Hopefully, you don't work in market research. Because your little poll and its interpretation suggests you are on crack.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

One more Sapphire GTS owner agreeing to the post just made by Cop Magnet! If you found a group of people that dream only of the Ford GT, you might want to start hanging out with a better group of people :)

Mike M

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have driven my Vipers that I have owned to clubs and have never had anything like that happen. At a Viper club meeting we had at a steak house someone spit on my yellow VCA. My point is there will always be some kind of bozo out there. And as far as who dreams of owning what who cares! As long as you love the car you have or aspire to have.

OP
OP
F

foolinjected

Viper Owner
Reaction score

hey guys i was just venting my frustration. as for those who think i brought this on myself... you really should get to know me. i haven't even told most of my family and friends, and none of my employees that i even own the car. the guy who spat on my car come from down the street. he wasn't even at the bar i was at. also for those concerned i wasn't drinking that night. you can speculate all you want about why spitting on my car or cutting me down because i drive the car is some how my fault all you want. the fact is, there are a lot of young insecure drunk dudes out on a friday night. i'll never understand it...

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hey guys i was just venting my frustration. as for those who think i brought this on myself... you really should get to know me. i haven't even told most of my family and friends, and none of my employees that i even own the car. the guy who spat on my car come from down the street. he wasn't even at the bar i was at. also for those concerned i wasn't drinking that night. you can speculate all you want about why spitting on my car or cutting me down because i drive the car is some how my fault all you want. the fact is, there are a lot of young insecure drunk dudes out on a friday night. i'll never understand it...

I don't think anyone's ragging on you here. We've all been out with our cars, doing things, or been with passengers :eek: we thought about with some regret later. Some of the responses by a select few have gotten the rest of us boiling, not your post.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think anyone's ragging on you here. We've all been out with our cars, doing things, or been with passengers :eek: we thought about with some regret later. Some of the responses by a select few have gotten the rest of us boiling, not your post.
I agree with Cop here;the problem was not with the original post at all! Getting back to the topic,I have to say the reactions I've encountered have been overwhelmingly positive.Lots of questions,from kids and adults,which I try to take time to answer if at all possible.Most of the negative stuff has been in the form of snide remarks from the local ricer crowd,usually at stoplights,and mostly reflecting ignorance-you can fill in the blanks,the trash talk is pretty familiar.I just smile and invite them to meet me at the track-funny how they never show up!The few real haters are usually losers with their insecurities further enhanced by alcohol(or even more questionable substances).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte