I'm torn about possibly selling my car

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bad running car, is a pain no doubt.
Your move was easy though, the Bolt on Paxtons I've seen in my neck of the woods run about the same or slower than the Gen IVs

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aries, you need to dump that pos TT you have and get the latest and greatest gen 5. I'll gladly take it off your hand, whenever you are ready to lose your shirt on the deal :D

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you will regret the change sooner or later. You are comparing a stock car to a built/modified car that you are going to lose a fortune on in markets like these. You will lose less money just upgrading your current car even more, or if possible, keep your current car and add a new one in a year rather than brand new. Consider the fact that the depreciation of that new car in < 3 years will probably equal what you will even get for your current car! Is three years worth losing a 1000HP Viper?

If you are looking for new tech, it CAN be added. If you are looking for style changes, suspension changes, power changes, hell... whole drivetrain changes, it CAN be done.
True I had over 50k in the engine of my Gen 2 and it was worth no more or less than any other stock nice GEN 2 on the market (I ended up selling it to the president of the VCA )As far as the 5 as a side job I locate high end cars for customers inturn the banks are putting 3 year lease residuals on the 5 at 49% plus financing .Any way you figure it its going to cost 60K plus easily to own the 5 for 3 years.Keep your car for now (depreciation is out of it )let the first buyer get killed with depreciation on the 5 and pick one up used with a few thousand miles on it in 3 years somewhere in the 60s

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bad running car, is a pain no doubt.
Your move was easy though, the Bolt on Paxtons I've seen in my neck of the woods run about the same or slower than the Gen IVs
Exactly I have had numerious bolt on Paxton cars tests by my mag friends at Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford and they heat soak terribly not to mention if bumpted of the rev limiter, run hot on a hot day they are ticking time bombs. My Gen 4 ran low 11 at near 130s on stock tires all day long without having to worry about detonation with a full factory warranty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude