Important help needed - Burning Oil Question. Is this Normal

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone give me some input please. I changed my oil back in June and have probably put on 1500 miles on my 2002 ACR with a Mopar computer and Mopar exhaust. But I have noticed this year that after checking it twice since I changed my oil that it has gone from having my oil level topped up on my dipstick to now being a tad above the add line. My other ACR which was a 2000 ACR before I totalled it 3 years ago never lost any oil.

What I can say is that my last Viper did not have the Mopar computer and it did not run rich and it did not leave any black residue all over the back of my rear bumper, so it definitely does run richer on this car with the Mopar than my other car that had the stock computer.

What I am very concerned about is that running too rich can cause the rings to breakdown due to cylinder washing. My oil smells like gas as well. But my plugs are clean with a white colour like it was running lean.

Does anyone have any input for me. Has anyone had problems with using the Mopar computer and running so rich that it screwed up their car. Any suggestions would be appreciated guys. Do I have anything to worry about with the Mopar computer.

Thanks

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try the search feature. You will find the MOPAR computer reduces performance of stock engines. Oil consumption is not typical of Viper engines. Rick

OP
OP
T

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that the Mopar ECU does not give any more horsepower, but does anyone have a problem with using the Mopar ECU for extended periods of time. I am concerned about cylinder washing. Anyone have any input on this. Can someone get back to me that is using the Mopar ECU and does anyone have any feedback about why I am burning oil

Thanks

OP
OP
T

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30 views and no response. I guess I am one of the few that is having problems with burning oil. If that is the case then can anyone who has a Mopar Computer please respond with what they are experiencing with running rich.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960