Impromptu New Jersey Cruize - 8/18/2007

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to go for an early morning cruise this Saturday (8/18/2007). I have the most fun when I am driving around in a group. So, if you are at all interested, I would love for your gents (and ladies) to join in.

Here is what I plan on doing:

1. Grab breakfast at "The Mountain Lakes Market" at 8:30am-ish. They have great Taylor Ham Egg & Cheese (SPK, of course) and they have tons of parking on the side of their building.
2. Leave around 9:00am-ish and drive from Mt. Lakes up through Boonton on back roads to the awesome driving section of 23 North.
3. Stop at High Point State Park (highest point in NJ).
4. Driveback south down 206 to 80 (the departing point).
5. All said and done by noon.

Tell me if you are interested. It would be really cool and fun if we can get 5 or 6 cars (or more!).

I recognize it may be too early in the morning for some, particularly since it is on a Saturday. Sorry but that time works best for this weekend.

PM me if you want to go.

- Mike

Here it the address of "The Market"

44 Midvale Road
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046

http://www.mountainlakesmarket.com/

If you plan on coming, MAKE SURE you come in via the Boulevard off of Route 46. Google maps will sometimes send you down Intervale Road. But, when you turn onto Midvale coming from Intervale there are TWO SPEED BUMPS and your Viper will get all scraped up. When coming from the Boulevard there are NO SPEED BUMPS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here it the address of "The Market"

44 Midvale Road
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046

http://www.mountainlakesmarket.com/

If you plan on coming, MAKE SURE you come in via the Boulevard off of Route 46. Google maps will sometimes send you down Intervale Road. But, when you turn onto Midvale coming from Intervale there are TWO SPEED BUMPS and your Viper will get all scraped up. When coming from The Boulevard there are NO SPEED BUMPS.

As a reference point, The Mountain Lakes Market is about 50 yards from the Mountain Lakes Train Station.

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(Didn't see that you have a posting so I first replied to the PM, this is a duplicate)...

Sounds cool - pretty sure I'm in. My family just left for an annual trek to Florida (in-laws) so I'm a bachelor for a couple of weeks.

Mountain Lakes Market is only about a 1/2 hour from me so 8:30-ish ("ish" being the key) should be good. I'll probably take a direct route home after High Point (I've lived in northern NJ my whole life and have never been there).

You going to Pocono on Thursday?

I don't know Plumcrazy personally, but I think his car is in the shop right now. Hey Plum if you want to come along you could ride shotgun with me - I'm in Awosting.

Mike - I'll give you a call if anything changes for me.
Ron

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

You better hope someone else comes along (maybe invite the NY club?). Since this is your gig, I'd hate to see you get left in the dust by two Copperheads (everyone knows the Copperhead Edition is the fastest :headbang: ).

Ron

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
engine shipped today from engine builder to NY state where the car still is waiting on the install....

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a mini-cruise going on Saturday morning, as of now. The more the merrier - so feel free to join us. It will be a blast!!!!

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are up to 6 cars now.

The more the merrier! Please join us for the early morning cruise.

Taylor Ham Egg & Cheese at 8:30am.
Cruise from 9:00am to 11:30am.
Home by 12:00 noon (right when the Taylor Ham Egg & Cheese is hitting ya).

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like we have 7 or 8 cars coming now. Here are the details:

Gents,

Looks like we have 7 or 8 people coming now. Should be fun - just a couple of reminders:

1. Arrive between 8:30am and 9:00am - we plan to depart around 9am.

2. I'll be there by 8:30 and chowing on a Taylor Ham Egg and Cheese (I'll be sitting near the door) and you will see my GTS sitting in the parking lot

3. Make sure you come in off of route 46 and follow these directions - 46 to Boulevard. About 1 mile, RIGHT onto Lake Drive, 1st Right (stop sign) onto Lake Drive (road stays the same name), 1st LEFT onto Midvale. Go about 1/4 mile - large (for this town) commerical building on right. Pass building and turn right into parking lot.

PM if you need more details.

- Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth