improving radio reception?

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone successfuly do this? I like listening to the radio, and I like having the radio stock ( got upgraded speakers though)

Listening to the radio i get hissing through the speakers, but when I put a CD in i don't get any.

any way of improving the stock antenna? Where is is located and how does it work?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm. are you asking about the radio in a Viper, or a car. .....my Viper does have a radio in it, but I don't understand why. So I wouldn't know if there's static or what. ....

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the radio that glowing orange thing that displays the time? I thought it looked too fancy to be a clock.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the radio that glowing orange thing that displays the time? I thought it looked too fancy to be a clock.
Yeah, I think so. Mine has green numbers on it though. -I noticed that even passengers don't ask about any tunes or whatever in the Viper. ...they always just have this freaked-out look on their face and are busy holding on. ....the Viper is it's own source of entertainment. Even if it's just parked, you can stare at it.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The windshield antenna is notoriously bad. Its also right near the coils which may may limit its performance.

If you really want to get truly good radio reception, you'll have to install a supplemental antenna...for which there's probably a port somewhere on the back of that clock thingy in the dash.

Why not go with some CDs for those times when you don't wanna listen to the V-10 symphony?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
XM is a great option. I have no idea how to interface it with your factory radio, but after having it in my truck for the last four years I go crazy listening to commercial radio. XM antenna is small and aerodynamic as well. Come to think of it, the only thing I liked about my old Vette as compared to the Viper was that it had a great sounding radio.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
XM is a great option. I have no idea how to interface it with your factory radio, but after having it in my truck for the last four years I go crazy listening to commercial radio. XM antenna is small and aerodynamic as well. Come to think of it, the only thing I liked about my old Vette as compared to the Viper was that it had a great sounding radio.
Yes, that is one of the reasons I bought a Corvette for a daily driver, so I could listen to the radio. When I want to drive something fast, I drive the Viper.

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got 1200 watts and 7 speakers in my Vette and I never even turn it on. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960