Insane,bad and radical 1/18 inside....

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some amazing works. I really like that last RT!!

Thanks F355,that pleases to me that you appreciate :headbang:

When it's possible,I you will show some Viper which I made little time ago... :2tu:

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You did an awesome job! I had an extra Burago GTS 1/24 scale so I tried to do the same thing. I got the whole thing disassembled and it was down to removing the windshield and rear glass (all one piece). You can imagine my frustration when a chipped off a piece of the windshield trying to get it out. I may go ahead and practice on this one. I also noticed the cockpit is the RT/10, not a GTS version. After disassembling, it really makes you appreciate the detail Burago put into it. Oh well, back to sniffing paint fumes. :cool:

Terry

Well,I bought my first RT-10 Burago 1/24 this week and side details it is catastrophic !! but it is intended for a a little special exercise, as soon as that takes form, I show it to you :nana:

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So,the result is very good than I will hope,It's just for funny,one of my friend love it and ask me to do another car with this work,an Renault Alpine A110 but I don't start it for instance :bonker:

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is necessary to eliminate from metal by the top, in the round-off of the wing, to refine the defect to the maximum, it is necessary to work gently, metal is tender and to pay attention to lettering right below...

You must be registered for see images

After this work,you finish while sandpapering with paper of body n°600 dry...to remove the fine stripes of the file.

Final work:

danfromohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always been interested in doing customizations like this, but I was always afraid of tearing up my models. Can you put some details up about how to swap out wheels between models? I have mostly Burago and Maisto.

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

I've the same problem!!
All of set of wheels are different and the difficultie is to work them correctly to have a good result...

A example with a GTS and a set of wheels BBS (comming from Opel Calibra DTM)

The wheels are fixed,can't turn,but there're better racing look...

A second problem comming from the tyres...not enough large...and when you see the back you've some little tyres,it's not very fine...

A picture of front wheel GTS in left,the BBS in middle,and a rear wheel GTS in right...just to see the problem...

It's realy problem....

I've a solution but,for the first GEN of Burago frame...a set of wheels of Lamborghini Diablo,it's easy to change them and you've not problem with the tyres,it's the same than the GTS...

About Maïsto versions,it's different,the fixing wheels is more hard to work,I' haven't example to show now,but it's not better than my first example...

Many times,I must work all fixing wheels and find some tyres...it's not an easy party!!

But I've not other solution for the moment...Chris

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm understant that...

For example,you've 3 different wheels only Burago...in back view:

up left a GTS,up right a SRT-10 and in down a RT-10...

For GTS and RT,the change isn't a problem,but for the SRT,you must take the rotor disk at the first time,it's not the wheel who's the problem....

This part's comming from a SRT and it's her who you must work and the 4 axles in the SRT frame,like here...stock axles and rotor...

So,here you have my last RT-10 with set of SRt wheels (Burago)...what I do to have this result? that is the question...(the rear wheel's just for the pic...the front is OK here but she's turn well...)

You're afraid about this problem Dan?...don't see that so...

And imagine what can I do...

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi...I have some problems to find the correct color for the body (GTS project) so my choise is Gloss Black and silver leaf for strips...for cockpit,an option COGNAC leather and...SRT set of wheels...

For the moment,I finish the body stage before painting... :2tu:

OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
L

le66

Enthusiast