insurance questions for MA. residents

sweet gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are some of my fellow MA. Viper owners doing for ins. I spoke to my agent today and she did'nt have much good to say as far as replacement value. Anybody have any suggestion? I'm currently with Premier. :confused:

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Replacement value of your viper if you were to total it? They go by Book value and the only way around that is to have it apraised and insure it for the value it appraised for.

OP
OP
S

sweet gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That sounds expensive! I have seen other post on this but being in Ma. seem to make it more difficult. I know some people say statefarm is good but unless you moved to this state with it they won't insure in Ma.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Southern new hampshire area, Townsend Ma, Pepperell Ma, Groton, chelmsford Ma area, just looked at my policy and I pay $869.00 a year, full coverage for my 96 GTS.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to understand also that is Ma, it goes by how good of a driver are you? You are rated I believe from 1-9, also the town you live in makes a difference on price, and you know owning and driving one of these cars is very hard to drive the speed limit and not get tickets so keep a Valentine One in all your vehicles, If you want my insurance company send me a PM and I will give it to you, they are in Lexington Ma. I hope that helps

FLX109

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Grundy Worldwide...I am wrapping up my wreck process with them now and I give them 2 thumbs up. And you do a stated value policy with them so you decide what you get back.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to understand also that is Ma, it goes by how good of a driver are you? You are rated I believe from 1-9, also the town you live in makes a difference on price, and you know owning and driving one of these cars is very hard to drive the speed limit and not get tickets so keep a Valentine One in all your vehicles, If you want my insurance company send me a PM and I will give it to you, they are in Lexington Ma. I hope that helps

FLX109
When I lived in MA until 1999, they used the SDIP (Safe Driver Insurance Plan) points system. Everybody started out at 15(16?) points and then lost 2 points for every good year. The lowest points they would get to was 9. So that really meant 3 good years were all that mattered (15 -(3*2) = 9). For accidents and at-fault tickets, points would get added to the SDIP. Insurance premiums were then based on this SDIP number.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FLX109
When I lived in MA until 1999, they used the SDIP (Safe Driver Insurance Plan) points system. Everybody started out at 15(16?) points and then lost 2 points for every good year. The lowest points they would get to was 9. So that really meant 3 good years were all that mattered (15 -(3*2) = 9). For accidents and at-fault tickets, points would get added to the SDIP. Insurance premiums were then based on this SDIP number.

AviP,

You are right, that is still basically how it works, my mistake.

Johnny B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey this is Johnny B so do you want to really cry? I pay 1900+ for a 96 GTS When you find a better price let me know!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey this is Johnny B so do you want to really cry? I pay 1900+ for a 96 GTS When you find a better price let me know!
Don't feel too bad. I used to pay $5600 for the GTS, Grand Cherokee and 2 motorcycles, Now it's down to $2100 in NJ. And my SDIP was 9 (doesn't get any better). But I used to live on Revere Beach. If you know the neighborhood, then $5600 is a deal.

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Lynn and their banging me for $1650 with a step 9 (lowest rating) and a $1000 deductable for a 2000 GTS.