Interior is not covered by warranty.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I contacted my local Dodge dealership about a small door panel problem. He told me that it is not part of the Chrysler warranty. I know some of you have a good repore with your viper techs and have had warranty work cover interior. I am not so lucky. If you have any input, please throw it my way.

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my 99GTS, (before i sold it). I had the driver seat,driver door panel, and the piece by the seat belt replaced, no questions
asked. This was done at a chrysler dealership on top of that. Just go some where else, most dealers love to replace viper parts they make a k-lling. The seat alone for my car retailed for $1800.00.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try a different dealer. I have been surprisingly pleased with Steve Oliver Dodge in Overland Park. Never a problem for warranty issues. Not even a hint.

Chris

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Performin Norman:
If you have any input, please throw it my way. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perform at a new dealer!

DRYVEM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norm, I had both seat backs and LH visor replaced at a non-viper dodge dealership near me. I think you should try a different dealer.
Barbara

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find another dealer. I had a lower-dash panel piece replaced a couple months back because it didn't fit tight. No questions asked! So it will really depend on who you deal with!
Good luck!!

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had splitting in the upper door panel where you rest your arm, tech told me he had heard this happens alot, the leather/vinyl is stretched to tight when installed. Replaced no problem. Get new tech.

Brad

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norman, Tom is asking the right question!
IF: 3/36 Warranty I can help!
IF: Service Contract
frown.gif
I CAN'T HELP!
pissed.gif

DC Service Contracts do not cover "SOFT TRIM"!
tongue.gif
---
Interior[door panels,seats,carpets,dash pad,etc.etc.etc.]
Paint & Body-ROCKERS!!!!
WEATHER STRIPS!!Most all are ripped!
pissed.gif

If you are reading this [DCSC] WE all live in the same WORLD!
You have a Dealer that is NOT happy with you!!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the r/s passenger carpet section replaced as it had an errant cut from the factory. I also had the dash replaced due to a shinny spot on the r/s. That one I should have left alone because now the entire friggen dash has a sheer which reflects sun glare like you wouldn't believe. Be that as it may, both parts were installed under warranty.

Good luck ..... and do find a new dealer!

OP
OP
P

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure if I am in the 3/36. The car is a 98 but I am not sure when the 3/36 ends and the Chysler extended warranty begins. I bought the car from Bill Pemberton in May of 00. I bought the extended warranty from him/Chrysler. The dealership I have used in the past hasn't had one problem with me. I think their service is exemplary. The issue is whether the cracked interior piece IS or IS NOT covered by the warranty and if I am still in the 3/36. Who would I contact for that info. Mr. Pemeberton?

Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your dealer can provide you with that info.They run what is called a funtion 14 which provides them with all the info on the car such as warranty history ,owner info,service contract plan,and most important in-service date.If they can't give you this info e-mail your vin and i'll let you know what's up.Tom