Interior trim quality

BigSaleen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with any interior trim pieces on their SRT, quality wise? Both of the trim pieces on the top of the doors split and pulled loose on my 2003. The pieces are about 1"x30". I went to a local Dodge dealer and all of the parts guys said that the entire door panel needs to be replaced because the part is not sold separately. For two little pieces? Can't be right. I have the extended warranty from Dodge, wonder if this is covered. The pieces should be about $5 each, the entire inner door panel is $900/side. If the whole door needs replacing and the warranty doesn't cover it, I'll buy a bottle of rubber cement for $5.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Even though I have had no real problems with the interior it is really a poor example by Dodge. Minus the seats my 07 Tahoe has an interior that makes my Viper look like a neon. Not saying I need a Audi interior, but come on, it should look a little better than this.
I hope they address this in the future.

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem with the dashboard center vent coming unglued and something rattling underneath.

Problem with the gas/brake pedals rusting.

Problem with the sloppy applications of black weather caulking near the door hinges.

Everything else in my interior is flawless. I am glad that I did not order mine with a Neon interior like Final, sounds like he regrets it now. ;)

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all the problems above seem to be with the 2004 and up srt-10 vipers. I have seen a lot of them with these problems. My 2003 has none of the above problems. maybe DC is pushing out to many vipers a day.

OP
OP
B

BigSaleen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rest of my interior looks great, aside from the rusty pedals. The only problem is with the door molding like I described above. Yesterday the driver side molding just broke loose, split and popped up. I do wish that the seats were full leather. I think that sometimes the suede insert makes the seat look worn and sometimes looks a little dirty, even though it isn't. I guess they use it because it's cooler and you can't slide around on it.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not have a SRT but my RT had similar problems. Had my door panel replaced due to a crack when the first put it on and as a result it was about to fall off. Found out how much it cost and was glad it was done under warranty!.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its called plastic. In all vehicles including Vette.

Just way too much off it in my opinion. Heck....my Honda Element has a better interior, but I still love the simplicity of Viper.

As for me, I have not noticed the problems mentioned above other then rusty pedals, wiper cowl flimzy and wiper washer cap is very loose and keeps falling out. I needed to black silicone it to keep it on.

Patrick

PS: where can I purchase new pedals?

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
quick2tr I had the same problem with the dash and had to get the dealer to put insulation in between the vent and the dash.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a bulletin on the defroster vent rattle, it is a 10 minute fix to pull the vent out, shave off the excess and put it back in....

prosthogod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had one door panel replaced under warranty because when they were replacing the relays on both of the windows they broke something on the passenger door panel. He said it was common and by the way replacing the window relays is common also. So if it is under warranty tell them the windows aren't functioning correctly and maybe you can get them to get you a new door panel.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Door trim check on the forums under dealer parts someone is selling off parts,like going out of bussiness. As for the rusted foot pedals Zero,Flight,Altitude has a proto type set that I have seen,and they looks good ,and should be releasing sometime soon .Anyone who dosen't like there interior should check out Venzano in the Viper nagazine. I had that yellow interior installed in my car and it is awesome.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Yellou's car at my shop for a week and I can tell you that the yellow leather interior is an exact match to the yellow paint. It is a perfect job. To bad DC does not do the interior in leather, as this would be fitting a car in this class, as the ferraris do. Ferrari even does the complete dash in hand stitched leather and it is something to behold. I had a 1987 328GTS 3 years ago before buying the viper and its leather was in mint condition.

Reaction score
Problem with the gas/brake pedals rusting.

Problem with the sloppy applications of black weather caulking near the door hinges.

Me too... that damn black chaulk always gets on the window, and door panel, lousy job with the window weather stripping.

06 VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
problems

1. radio cuts off when car is really hot. Something about an amp under the dash board driver side. always happens when u have a good tune on.
2. rubber melts in the corner of drivers door by the window. thank god its easy to get off.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 06 Coupe and just took delivery of it.

My first impression is that I am very happy with the interior layout and quality. It is very comfortable, love the gauges and aluminum touches.

Hopefully it holds together.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang