iPod Adapter for 2003 SRT-10 Stock Stereo?

russellesq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are the best options for getting an iPod connected to the stock stereo? I have a wireless FM transmitter but I get too much static and it does not work well. Any other options short of replacing the entire stereo?

If replacement is the only option, what is the best and easiest fit without making major modifications to the dash for a new stereo?

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the RB4 will work in your viper and it can use the ipod cable. I have an RB4 for sale. I removed it out of my 05 ram srt-10 to install the RB1. All you would need is the GPS antenna and sirius antenna & brain. Here is a link to the info about the radio. RB1 & RB4

Talk to the wizard to see if it will work. I will sell cheap. It looks brand new and i have the GPS disc's.

PM me if you want it.

Looks like i read a little deeper about the RB4. No Ipod compatible. Sorry. But if anyone else wants to buy it. Let me know.

Last edited:

stopltracr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
USA Spec makes an adapter that plugs into the back of the head unit in the external CD changer port. I have one in mine and it works perfect. I think the part number is PA11-CHR and it was about $130 at Crutchfield.

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if you wanted to update your whole system with OEM radio. Buy both. The RB4 has changer controls. So this should work.

OP
OP
R

russellesq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
USA Spec makes an adapter that plugs into the back of the head unit in the external CD changer port. I have one in mine and it works perfect. I think the part number is PA11-CHR and it was about $130 at Crutchfield.

At the Crutchfield site, I plugged in the car info (i.e. 2003 Dodge Viper - Factory Stereo) to check if the product was compatible and it said it was not?!? Does this system work for you in a 2003 with a factory stereo?

stopltracr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, Crutchfield just doesn't have it listed under the Viper because they haven't test fit it yet. It will work with the factory stereo in the Viper, you will just lose any external CD changer if you have one. If you have a CD changer integrated in the head unit it will still work.