Is 08 Black solid Black ??

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I washed my car late today and pulled in in the garage under the lights to dry it off. Under the lights, it looked like small metal flakes under the clear that I have never seen before. Does anybody know if there is metal flakes in the black?

Last edited:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The '09 Black will indeed have metalflake in it - similar to Brilliant Black found on some other SRT models (300C, etc.). But up until then it has always been solid black with no metalflake.

STEVE MORALE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8-21-08 Bought my black coupe in march,When i was drying it off today i noticed the same thing.Im forsure it has not been there before thought it might be overspray.So i used my clay bar did not help tried a little compound still there.Got my magnifying glass out and looked.Its not flakes its pits in the paint on the complete car,not on mirrows,bumpers,are side sills.The paint is soft also i put my fingernail on paint and left mark in paint.I think its in the fiberglass airs holes and the paint is curing and beeing sucked in,not the right sealor are primer are the right amount hardner in them,Also not enough hardner in paint.I want a new car i dont want a repainted car.I also have a supercharged 99 gts black no problems at all with paint.Something is serious worng here.Will Be on phone to morrow hope to find someone that can explain.REALY *****

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For 2009, I hope it's not that crystal black featured in SRT8's. IMHO, it looks dirty all the time. If you want true jet black, you better not wait for an 09...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4