Is green not a popular color?

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From my searches...I've seen more green RT/10's that seem to not sell very well...and are usually at the lower end of the price spectrum. Is it not a popular color?

I'm guessing red/black are most popular and sought after. At first, I didn't like the yellow one...but, it is slowly wearing on me.

I've only seen a red one in person...was thinking the green looked good in photos...and would really need to see a yellow in person to fully decide if I could live with something THAT bright...hahaha.

What do ya'll think?

cayenne

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got a green one. I love it. I think it is a classy color. Don't know why it's not more popular on Vipers. The Vette guys all love the polo green??

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMHO the green RT's are gorgeous. If you go to the HOW-TO secion of this site, you will see pictures of a green RT with silver stripes. Classic beauty...

What year are you looking for?

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a green 95 went to many viper get togethers and was always the only green, 327 in 95 I think. The emerald green with tan interior looked very good. But I sure have enjoyed my silver`s with windows.

NY VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A Viper in ANY color is awesome. <font color="green">Green </font> has an understated look which allows the pure beauty of the Viper to be realized without the distraction of a bright color. It is a matter of personal taste and it all depends on what color you feel comfortable in. Kind of like buying a shirt. I have an emerald green viper and that is the color I wanted. At get-togethers it is usually the only green one and it commands a lot of attention. There were only 2 out of 137 at Tator's BBQ this month (Mine &amp; Ghetto's)and their uniqueness drew lots of attention. For the record, Green was introduced in 1994 when only 133 were produced in that color. In 1995 only 307 of the 1,577 R/T10's were green. I am told that Dodge stopped offering green because the clearcote metallic paint was more difficult to apply. Whatever your choice in color enjoy it. It's the ride not the color!

MannyG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my emerald green. Classy under the sun. The original Jaguar XKE classic sports car is British racing green. However, the Viper green is much better.
:2tu: :D
Mannyg

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the most popular Viper color?
Well, I can only think of one that is claimed to be worth extra money over the others. Blue and white.

If that is true, then we can probably say that B&amp;W is the most desired color.

If there is a most desired then there must be a least desired.

I'll bet if you had a poll asking what was the most desired color. Green would get the least votes.

Does that mean that nobody would choose green as the Viper color of their dreams?
No, there are green Viper lovers out there.

They are just outnumbered by those who would choose some other color.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green can a pretty smart choice. You want attention, good or bad, go with the red or yellow, or anything with stripes. You want to enjoy the car and feel like you get away with something once in a while because they didn't notice you, go with green or black.

(For the total stealth look, never clean your wheels, either.)

Besides, in any language green means "go."

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Green can a pretty smart choice. You want attention, good or bad, go with the red or yellow, or anything with stripes. You want to enjoy the car and feel like you get away with something once in a while because they didn't notice you, go with green or black.

100 % right on the attention for Yellow both good and bad,

did see Ghetto's at Tators and it was a head turner ! :2tu:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the question was, "is green not a popular color?"

The answer is yes, it is not as popular as other colors.

The fact that you guys say this or that green Viper would be nice, is not what the guy asked.

He wants to know if green is unpopular. Yes, it is the least popular stock viper color.
Ugly? No, not bad at all in any way, just the least popular.

Why is it so hard for people to say it?
Green is the least popular color.

And carguy says,
"Does anyone really want a "popular" color?
I'll take my dream car in "me too" color please, not."

So, what color would you pick? Something really not "me too" might be pink or beige. How about the vomit comet to make a personal statement?
Anything but a "me too" red or yellow or black. Right?

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go after and buy whatever color YOU want. Others may see you zip by, look at it for 10 min. at an event or whatever. You are the one that is going to drive it, look at it in YOUR garage, wash, wax, etc. The green, especially with tan interior is very classy looking. Personally, I was after the traditional "race car" look so considered red, black and yellow.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to simplify things. ALL VIPER COLORS ARE EQUAL. JUST SOME VIPER COLORS (BLUE/WHITE) ARE MORE EQUALER THAN OTHERS! :eek: :p :eek:

George O.

ps. Read My Books!

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agreed, green is NOT a popular color. I guess I get a little bent when I hear people bashing something that they have never even seen. I think a lot of people’s opinion has to do with what they have seen in person. I find myself against black because everyone that I have seen in person has been clapped out and had terrible swirl marks. I am sure that they are beautiful if they are properly taken care of. Buy whatever floats your boat, it's your car and you are the only one that has to live with it. Some colors are more sought after than others. What that means to me is if you have an unpopular color and your car in average at best, then you have a much smaller market that will want it. If your car is mint, the market is small, but the few who like it will pay a few bucks more to get a clean one in the color that they like. Now to start some more sh@t, why is Sapphire Blue unpopular? I think it’s sweet.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Go with what YOU like - who really cares what other people think. Also, if you do happen to pick one up that costs less - you'll have more money left over for mods! :)

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, green is NOT a popular color. I guess I get a little bent when I hear people bashing something that they have never even seen. I think a lot of people’s opinion has to do with what they have seen in person. I find myself against black because everyone that I have seen in person has been clapped out and had terrible swirl marks. I am sure that they are beautiful if they are properly taken care of. Buy whatever floats your boat, it's your car and you are the only one that has to live with it. Some colors are more sought after than others. What that means to me is if you have an unpopular color and your car in average at best, then you have a much smaller market that will want it. If your car is mint, the market is small, but the few who like it will pay a few bucks more to get a clean one in the color that they like. Now to start some more sh@t, why is Sapphire Blue unpopular? I think it’s sweet.
I have to agree with Keith on the Sapphire!! :headbang:

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 1995 green one myself last month. IMHO, with the Cognac interior and silver stripes, it looks VERY nice!

OP
OP
C

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought a 1995 green one myself last month. IMHO, with the Cognac interior and silver stripes, it looks VERY nice!

About how much would adding a custom stripe job to a Viper cost? Any place in the south to get this done? I live in NOLA...

cayenne

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
In Oregon it would cost you about $400.00 I like my stripes so much I plan on having them painted on..... there's nothing like having something on your car you CAN'T polish (vinyl). Definitely try the stripes in vinyl before spending the bucks on a paint job.

Clown Shoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me green is about being unique. I think I have accomplished that. And JW thanks for the compliment. Ghetto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX