Is it me or the Gen2 prices...

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are going up? must be a spring thing...

i remember looking at 01 and 02 pricing and some could be had for 50k with less then 10k miles. those deals now are non-existent and the majority of folks are asking mid 50s...

not bad for a car that is not in production any more...

alex
02 gts
few other cars

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Less than 50K? You should have jumped on those cars, though there may have been a reason they were priced low.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The yellow 01 that I have on my website was purchased last december with for $49500 with 9800 miles. It had a few nicks on the lower portion of the car and I think it was touched up in spots. Other than that, the car was perfect and the interior was flawless. I sold the hardtop and am now selling the softop to try and bring my total price down to $46K.

Jeff

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The yellow 01 that I have on my website was purchased last december with for $49500 with 9800 miles. It had a few nicks on the lower portion of the car and I think it was touched up in spots. Other than that, the car was perfect and the interior was flawless. I sold the hardtop and am now selling the softop to try and bring my total price down to $46K.
When I bought my current '00 RT/10 last May, I had been researching the prices for a couple of months, and, at least at that time, for some reason all of the yellow cars seem to be going for about $5k less than the others. The only reason I could determine was that there were a LOT of yellow cars for sale at the time - perhaps a glut on the market of yellow dropped the price at that time. Yeah, I know, not that many yellow cars were made, so I don't have an explanation for it, either. Haven't looked recently to see if that weird trend was still happenning.

(And no, I'm not disparaging yellow as a color, even if it isn't my preference, I just happened to notice what seemed to be a trend, at least a year ago).

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been watching the market closely for the last year and a half. Prices for the Gen 1 and 1.5 are the same or slightly higher and Gen II prices have gone up about 10-12% in my opinion. Gen III prices have gone down about 15-18%. I suspect this trend will continue. The market seems to align itself with the favorability of the cars.

Gen II
Gen I
Gen III

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets keep them going up. No one sell!!!

-SGC

IM NEVER SELLING MINE.

it will be pased on to my kids.

gen 1 and 2 prices are raising big time thia is good news.

keep it up

Larz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my 2002 Final Edition for 53k with 6,000 miles about 3 months ago. Now i see 2002 go for over 60k. It could be that the weather is warming up.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's the weather. There has been a downward trend in all viper prices, but gen1/2 has definetly slowed. 93-95 prices have held pretty steddy, early cars are almost rediculously priced sometimes. The 1.5's are still the black sheep of the family, and tend to bring lower than their side-pipe cousins (although they are superior).

Gen2' RT/10's have a lower selling price than their GTS brethren. I actually made money on selling my GTS (although I regret it now that summer is approaching :( ) which suprised me. I'd love to have my old white/blue RT back, still one of the best cars I've ever had.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
supply and demand.

The supply of really good examples is shrinking and with the SRT/10 leaving a sour taste for many...

well you know the rest.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, I just drove it today!! I put on another 25 miles, I'm up to 1473 or so. Hard to drive around town when the town is as small as Goodland. after 10 miles I've seen it all and bring the car in. I do plan on being at the Midwest VCA party in June, that should add another 30 or so.

OP
OP
A

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hopefully i will be taking mine out this weekend... i consider the drill of firing it up every week for 10-15 minutes in the garage during the winter a special type of cruel and unusual torture :( the car needs to be driven... it winks at me every time i walk by...

alex
02 gts
few cars

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< The supply of really good examples is shrinking >>

This is what I have noticed - the volume of Gen 1 and Gen 2 cars for sale has gone down dramatically over the last few years. When I was looking for mine, there were plenty to choose from. With a limited number of these cars currently for sale, the values have definately risen. Could be weather related, but it appears that the owners of these cars are not letting them go anymore. I know I hope to never let mine go.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I took a look on Ebay, and broke the vipers for sale into 4 categories, and this is what I found:

Gen 1 = 10 cars for sale,

Gen II RT/10 = 5 cars for sale

Gen II GTS = 13 cars for sale

Gen III = 35 cars for sale

Results kind of supports "cratica", and "big-n-italian" theories.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang