Is Part Rack the best place to buy Kumhos?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to bust Jon's price but i have a brand new set i'll let go for $500.00 all 4 tires. you would simply have to pay shipping from 17013

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to bust Jon's price but i have a brand new set i'll let go for $500.00 all 4 tires. you would simply have to pay shipping from 17013

Thanks, PM sent.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.tirerack.com

that's probably where he's getting them at, though I could be wrong and most likely am. Just drop shipping them to your door with a little discount. ;) :2tu:

Where ever you get them you're getting simply the best tire around for the Viper. Why they even come with the Pilots I'll never understand. The Viper is SOOOOOO much safer and you will have a MUCH higher probability of it not 'Snake Biting" you with the Kumhos.... ;)

G

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price is not much of an issue regarding Kumho V700s right now since they are on intergalactic back order (18" at least). Kumho is having delivery problems. I decided that there was not a V700 that was sufficiently tall for the front, plus the "sand-blasting" effect scared me off, so I found two 275-35-18 Kumho Ectsa MX for the front from West Coast Corvettes, and got lucky and purchased two new/never mounted 335-30-18 V700 from a fellow poster. Now when the wheels come back from paint I am good to go with four equal-height tires.

LTHL-GRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with suppliers like us and others trying to re-sell from tirerack is that the wholesale retail split is very slim and Tirerack will not dropship so you (the customer) end up indirectly paying for 2 shipping charges which wipes out any margin for service provided and delays you getting your tires.

Do yourself a favor and order them direct from Tirerack call Luke at 800-981-3943. He also knows when the 18's are in stock as the website is usually wrong about Kumho inventory.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the V700 the one best suited for drag racing or is it the V710 or another number?

John

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The V710 is a V700 that has been shaved and heat cycled.
Are you sure about that? The treads on the two look totally different, and tire rack sells the V700 shaved and/or heat cycled, or the V710 the same.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 710's are a different compound and have two offset grooves. The 700's have an irregular check type pattern. The 710's have no life what so ever and lose their grip (short life) after very few heat cycles. The tires look totally different when mounted, the 710's have chamfered edges to help with accentuated camber, whereas, the 700's have a conventional shoulder. The 710's are initially faster, but, are slower if you are too high up on the friction circle.

I have four 17" tires (700's) that can be had for $200, plus shipping, they have about 2/3's of the tread remaining.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for asking the question:

FACT: Tires from PartsRack will ALWAYS be delivered to your door for $5-$75 /set less than TireRack. And we need, and appreciate your business.

Thank You.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i got mine shipped, shaved to 4/32" delivered to my door from www.tirerack.com for $800 for the V700's......i was quoted $900ish from partsrack, now i did ask to expedite the order so maybe there was a charge or markup for that. but tirerack was definetly cheaper and i had the tires in 3-4 days

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i got mine shipped, shaved to 4/32" delivered to my door from www.tirerack.com for $800 for the V700's......i was quoted $900ish from partsrack, now i did ask to expedite the order so maybe there was a charge or markup for that. but tirerack was definetly cheaper and i had the tires in 3-4 days

Hmmm... must have been the shave and the haircut.

Mine were significantly cheaper from Jon B...

No need to shave these tires unless you're going right to the track with them. In fact, shaving them reduces their life significantly for street use...

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hmmm... must have been the shave and the haircut.

Mine were significantly cheaper from Jon B...

No need to shave these tires unless you're going right to the track with them. In fact, shaving them reduces their life significantly for street use...

true, but i wouldnt buy a v700 or v710 for streeet use, they take too long to heat up on the street and they throw up too many rocks, but they are great for the track......not sure how they would do as a drag radial, better to get a purpose built drag radial!

i guess i was quote the "viper taxed parts rack price" or i was paying one helluva shipping mark up.

I dont ask for the best price more than once, if i dont get it, i go to someone who will give it to me.