Is there a shortage of oil cooler lines for Gen 4?

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 2010 ACR has been in the shop for over a week now because they don't have the oil cooler lines yet. Anybody know if these parts are backordered or tough to come by right now?

The car is still on the original 3/36, so I don't want to have to pay for aftermarket parts and/or labor.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything done under warranty gos on the back burner.:( Hope its done soon.:usa:

OP
OP
T

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I should have demanded a loaner. That usually seems to speed things up.

I think they just like having an ACR sitting in the spare bay though. It really does class up the place. ;)

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody should be able to give you an ETA on the ordered parts.

If they are on national back-order, with no production date, or it's more than a week out, you should take a raincheck on the warranty repair.
You can drive the car with that small seep of oil without damaging anything.....for a while.
Or it can sit in your own garage instead of the dealer's.

Can't do any track days with it like that, cuz it won't pass tech with an oil leak.
But you can still scare old ladies and children with it on the streets.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Or you can go the aftermarket route and pay out of pocket for better lines and get back to driving and enjoying your car. Consider them an upgrade and move on......

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Or you can go the aftermarket route and pay out of pocket for better lines and get back to driving and enjoying your car. Consider them an upgrade and move on......

I agree 100%. If you're installing the OEM cooler lines, there's a possibility you will experience the same problem and headache again in the future.

I recently ordered the steel braided cooler lines from Viper Specialty and should arrive in mid July. They're more expensive, but well worth the piece of mind and reliability for years to come.

.....just my 2 cents :D

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thoughts as both above posts. Do it right once and be done. The lines are only $300 and you can do it yourself in a few hours. Get some lines from VSP or Snakeoyl and start enjoying your car - its driving season man! If I had an ACR it wouldn't be sitting still!

OP
OP
T

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input and advice guys. Very much appreciated. :)

Dealer said they got the parts in and hope to have it completed tomorrow ... just in time for the holiday weekend.

If/when I have to go through this again, I'll definitely upgrade with aftermarket, do it once, and be done with it for good. Or I'll be driving a Gen V by then.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You can also make the lines yourself for less. I put together a pair based on a how-to here and I think it was in the $200 and change price range. I had several headaches due to bad swivel fittings, but finally got it all sorted out.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can also make the lines yourself for less. I put together a pair based on a how-to here and I think it was in the $200 and change price range. I had several headaches due to bad swivel fittings, but finally got it all sorted out.

Or you can avoid the headaches, avoid the extra time, avoid tracking down the right fittings, avoid locating the anti-abrasion covering, avoid the worry if it is done right or if you have the right tools to assemble correctly, and spend less than 100 bucks more supporting a vendor... just saying.

I get calls all the time from customers who "do it themselves" to save a couple bucks, and then drop the problem in my lap when issues arise, and end up having to do it over again anyway. Not all products or parts are created equal.

Last edited:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Same thoughts as both above posts. Do it right once and be done. The lines are only $300 and you can do it yourself in a few hours. Get some lines from VSP or Snakeoyl and start enjoying your car - its driving season man! If I had an ACR it wouldn't be sitting still!

Just a note that our lines are VASTLY different than SnakeOyl. Shop carefully.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for doing stuff myself. I stuffed a 5.7 Hemi and T56 in my 67 Dart and stuffed the guts of a modern speedo behind my stock one to work with the new speed sensor, so I'm a glutton for punishment. I'm the type that likes working on my cars, so it doesn't bother me quite as much, but all that said I'd have no problem advising others to go with the premade solution after all the "fun" I had. My problem seemed to be that swivel fittings don't exactly like being swiveled out of the box. Looks like it tore the O rings in the swivel portion.

OP
OP
T

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info MoparMap and Dan.

Dealer called today and said Chrysler sent them the wrong part *sigh*. So, because of that and the holiday weekend I won't get it back for another week or so. Guess I'll be stuck driving the vette all weekend (at least it's forged, built, F1 blown, and **** injected).

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the new Chrysler/Dodge wait for your parts era. I had to wait nearly 2 weeks for bumper parts to my new 14 Durango recently. Then Chrysler sent the part to the wrong dealer making for a longer delay to get my car back. I filed a complaint with Dodge over the phone but guess what, no reply. I even emailed Ralphs secretary who takes care of these sort of issues and all she said is I will have someone look into it. That was a week ago and no updates. What ****** me off is the long rental car charges while waiting on the parts. Imagine the wait for new owners who buy the Hellcat and possibly need warranty or collision parts. You heard it here. My warranty key fob took almost 3 weeks to get. Parts guy at dealer said back ordered.

OP
OP
T

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is starting to remind me of my 2006 Viper truck experience. It was still under the original 3/36 and needed warranty repairs for steering and front suspension. Chrysler and the dealer said they didn't have the parts, couldn't get them, and didn't know if they'd ever be able to get them. After a month, the dealer told me to come get the truck because they could do nothing for me. Chrysler said they couldn't do anything and refused to honor the original warranty. Basically put me in a position where I had to sue or sell. After a couple months, I finally got the parts and fixed it, and I immediately traded it in on a new Z06.

btw, Z06 parts were always available immediately or w/in 24 hrs if they had to be ordered/shipped.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have used Dan's lines numerous times and they work great, the rotating fittings assure nothing will loosen up over time.

OP
OP
T

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update: Got it back yesterday. Took 2 weeks total for repair. Covered under original 3/36 warranty. :)