Is This Photo a Direct Port Nitrous Kit?

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A fellow sent me this picture of a nitrous kit he has for sale.
I am looking for a direct port kit.
He says the photo attached is a direct port kit he paid $2,500, but will sell for $2,000.
He says that ten holes have to be drilled into the intake, which is correct,
but this does not appear to be a direct port kit to me.
You must be registered for see images attach

Either he got screwed, or he is trying to screw me?
What say ye?

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am no expert in nitrous, but I just installed a wet kit in a 2010 camaro a couple weeks ago so my memory is pretty fresh on what I am looking at. It looks like there is two solenoids (fuel & nitrous). Both the fuel and nitrous are split with a T connector. From there, two jets are used that have fuel and nitrous. What I can't tell is where the jets are being installed. The kit I installed has a plate between the intake and throttle body with holes for the jets. This kit apears to have replacement silicone tubes for the intake and I'm guessing they are drilled and taped. So the two jets will be sprayed just before the throttle bodies.

So, it does not appear to be direct port injection. The direct port systems I have come by usually have some kind of fuel/nitrous rail and SS lines going into each port. There was a member trying to sell a kit a while ago that was direct port but I can't find the ad anymore. 10 holes in the intake is not the same as 1 hole in each intake port.

If you do want to go this route, you can buy a generic kit for around 500-1000 and either drill your factory intake tubes or buy smooth tubes and tap them. Here is an example of a viper specific kit. If you compare everything, they are basically the same kit, but this one comes with the plate (gen II)

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/product.asp?category=14&section=35&group=755&product=3540

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOT........ I would not recommend a direct port system unless it is staged or you are running slicks. It is not for beginners. You might end up with a 20K coffee table.

OP
OP
T

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to apologize for posting this thread.
I misread the offer from the guy.
He was offering to sell this system INSTEAD of a Direct Port system, and it appears he is smarter than I, but that is no big feat.
BillyC

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep that's a twin nozzle system and he's replaced the intake tubes with what appears to be a custom tube which likely has bungs welded in and tapped for the nozzles.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte