> Is this the 2006 Dodge Viper SRT Coupe? <

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess what I got this morning? I got a phone call, at about 5am my time. My bud calls and is all excited and says he saw the new Viper. I am sleepy and tell him it's 6am here in California, and good for him (or something like that.) He clarifies that he saw the new Viper COUPE. I don't recall what I said to him to be honest, but then he told me he took a photo of it with his camera phone. I told him to email it to me and then I went back to sleep.

Well I woke up this morning and had forgotten about that phone call until i got home from the movies. So I check my mail about 30 mins ago and I have an email from him and it call comes back to me. Now my friend doesn't own a Viper, but he has friends with them, me included. Here's his email:

Dood, We noticed this shiny ass car on one of the side roads that parrallels the freeway. I saw it the car in the road not moving, so I got a good look at it. I was like, what the F**K is that? So Ben and I decide to take the next exit and move over to the junction road to go check it out. This takes all but only 2 mins or so and the car is gone. Damn! So we decide to keep going and we're hauling ass. A few minutes later we see the car way up ahead now getting on the interstate. It's early in the morning on Saturday, so there is almost no traffic. I punch it to try to catch up. Sure enough, we catch up to it and I'll be damned if it aint a Viper. It had some stupid chrome/mirror type paint job on it and the windows were tinted. I told Ben to hurry and take a photo of it, but we didn't have our cameras. Ben then remembered that his phone could take a picture, and he snapped one off just before it hit the brakes hard and then exited. Too bad, as we wanted to talk to whoever was driving it. We were going about 90 when we took that photo, circled back around but could not find it.

From what we saw, it looked like the car was much wider than the typical viper, and then from the side it looked longer. The roof seemed lower than normal and had a skinny scoop on it. Side windows were wicked (kind of like the Saleen S7.) The wheels where huge -- looked like 20's or larger. At first we thought it might have been a comp coupe, but comparing it to photos afterwards it is apparant it is not the same thing. Might have been a body kit like you have on yours, but it didn't look like a kit nor did the car sound stock. This thing was LOOOWWWW -- like 2 inches off the ground. Looked bad ass. Probably testing it out of the factory for a 2006 Street Coupe? *DAVE

---

Here's the photo (reload page if the image doesnt come up)

So what's the deal?

You must be registered for see images

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm praying this photo is the real deal. I like what I see and hope the coupe comes out sooner than later. Superbar, what state did the above take place?

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dayum... that looks like they may be going back to a clam shell hood and rear exhaust. Kinda makes me wonder. Definately nothing I've ever seen.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Superbar, this car looks like your car with some photoshop.

I agree, somehow this does look like a photoshop. Also, why would DCX paint a pre-production coupe with a chrome-like paint?

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF it were a photoshop, it would be a KICKASS photoshop..

Look at the car in the reflection of the chrome, then see the car color in the corner of the picture?

Sorry, this looks real :)

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF it were a photoshop, it would be a KICKASS photoshop..

Look at the car in the reflection of the chrome, then see the car color in the corner of the picture?

Sorry, this looks real :)

I agree, it would be a kickass photoshop image -- no detail left unscathed.

-M

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see them together. hhhhmmm, makes you wonder
The original car
297IMG_3827.jpg

The supposed new coupe
You must be registered for see images

Event the background matches :)

Latest posts

Members online