It only Hursts when I shift !

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just came back from a test drive after installing the Hurst / Mopar shifter. Wow ! What a difference! I had the MGW shift knob on the stock shifter which shortened the throw a lot but every once in a while in this car I would miss a gear. I never missed gears. I used to be the king of stick shifts until I got this car. Well the king is back on his throne. This shifter is crisp and precise and brings confidence back to shifting. It's amazing that again after 25 years I am installing yet another Hurst shifter in one of my cars, after installing numerous ones in my muscle cars of the 60's & 70's. It's a testament to the Hurst product. They have stayed in business this long because they make a quality product that works! Anyways, about the installation, It took about 1 1/2 hours to do,& was very simple. Anyone with a small amount of mechanical ability can do it. Gotta run, going back out & bang some gears!!!

Bo knows shifters

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much does this shifter shorten the throw? What kind of a knob do you have on it? I always had Hurst in my cars back in the 60's. It's a good brand.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good choice, I have only the MGW shifter and I like it.
lou

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The throw is very short compared to stock. I use the Hurst knob with the Gen III logo. Looks like a cue ball. Shifts great.

OP
OP
B

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The throws are 30 percent shorter and I used the MGW shift knob which went on the Hurst shifter with no mods.

Bo