It's here - and it's scaring the neighbors...

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So bad... it's going to need its own theme music.

You must be registered for see images

The 2008 has been in modification mode for the first months of this year since it arrived from Connor. I finally drive it in nearly completed form a couple days ago.

Pics below. Some of the mods done: snakeskin stripes, custom paint, custom graphics, painted console, tinted lights, black emblems, police strobes, audio system/speakers/amps, touch screen navigation/DVD, rear view camera, green suede interior, rollbar, remove visors, remove dead pedal, complete clearbra (even in wheel wells), custom trunk w/storage bins, decklid spoiler, side sill kit, shift knob/short shaft, both seats lowered 2", 6 point harnesses, Forgeline wheels, adjustable sway bars, motons, quaife differential, 3.55 rear, and more.

Will be setup for the track and corner weighted soon. Rear end will come back down about 3/4 inch, it'll have the same stance as my red 2003 when it's done. Almost too "pretty" for a track car... almost. Loving it. Rock on Dodge.

Now get rid of this Midwest winter weather before I decide to slap a plow on this thing.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car, Alex - can't wait to see it in June!

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you didn't waste any time! That has to be the most modified 08 that I have seen. I especially like the rear shot. Probably the first vert that I've liked the rear that much.

Jason

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that car is crazy! theme music is a must. im thinking 70's ****. something with a lot of bass and snare drum. :D

ps. i love your plate.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are going to track it, you'll want that dead pedal back.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome job Alex! Sorry I missed it Weds.

PM or email me who did the audio work as that just got added to the list for my GTS. After last nights rain, if we could get some sun today tonight would be a good cruise night!

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snare drum... heheh. I needed that laugh.

Lots of differnet companies worked on the car (Prefix, Autowerks, Roanoke, Graphics Zone, Riggs Bros, etc..). Had them all on a schedule, we missed a few things but almost there. Autowerks did the system. They have a great builder. I knew what I wanted and he did a good job executing. All the logos light up green with LED's. I also put all the electronincs on wireless, so my 6 channel remote controls leds, strobes, etc...

Kenny, I've had other vipers and always had to remove the dead pedal because of the length of my legs (I'm 6'4"). Because my legs are long enough, I can actually rest my foot on the wheel well which works just fine for me. If I had the dead pedal, my knee would be touching my chin!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I will be the first to tell the truth. That looks tacky. MUCH better looking in stock form. I will however say this, I like how you had the rollbar painted to match.

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car Looks Great!
Great Mods.

Carleton
2005 Comm. Ed. #56
Mopar Race Ex. Mopar Shifter
K&Ns, 170* T-Stat. DC Reflash
Quaife, 355's , Al. Flywheel
Asanti 20" AF112s, PS2s 478/501

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theme music....hmmmm. Well, you can't have Queen's "Princes of the Universe" because that's the theme music for my viper. But maybe Bon Jovi's "It's my life"?

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The SSG is growing on me and I love the mods you have done to make your car unique. :2tu:

The only thing that I am not fond of is the graphics on the sides of the car, just a little too much IMO.

V

Venomiss

Needs to be in Viper Magazine for sure!
Simply breathtaking Alex. :2tu:

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kenny, I've had other vipers and always had to remove the dead pedal because of the length of my legs (I'm 6'4"). Because my legs are long enough, I can actually rest my foot on the wheel well which works just fine for me. If I had the dead pedal, my knee would be touching my chin!

Wow, you're tall, I'm 5'10 and use the heck out of my dead pedal---but then again with the same 2" seat lowering kit, I have my pedals all the way forward (meaning as close to me as possible) at the track and the seat back straightened up quite a bit---the pedals get pushed about 3" further back on the street.

Ambitious project though and nice execution of your ideas.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like it, except for the graphics (not for me thank you), however, it's not may car, so.........
The color coordination with the console , the roll bar, and the seats is very looks great. The wheels look terrific, and I really like the mod of the underside of the deck lid, very, very nice, that is now my next project!

Luna C

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Question?
What did they do with the module under the drivers seat and the amp under the passenger seat.
I asked Parts rack about a 1" lowering kit and they said they could not do even the 1" b/c of those items and theor location. Apparently the '08 is the first model year to have anything mounted under the seat.
BTW - I'm 6'4 200lbs and have not had any trouble with the current config. Top up or top down. Dead pedal is still in place as well.

And Congratulations on your Mods. Thanks for posting.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should come striped like that from the factory. it looks like a similar job to the 50 yellow VCA cars!Maybe not with the snakeskin look though due to the extra cost-

WOW, just WOW:D

Last edited:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Cool looking car.

I wondered about the dead pedal delete too. I'm 6'4" too and would flop around in the car at the track without it.....but then my knuckles drag on the ground.....

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of work there. I have to be honest in saying that I really don't like the side skirts, side stripes, rims and the red licence plate bracket. Everything else is awesome. Simply awesome!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21