It's official, NO MORE PRICE GOUGING AT THE PUMPS

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It\'s official, NO MORE PRICE GOUGING AT THE PUMPS

TOTAL BULL SHEET!!!!! I have listened to the president warn against it, even PA Gov.Rendell and Jersey Gov. told of these same strict warnings against and the puplic need not worry. the northeast has NO, I repeat NO shortage because we have refineries up here. and what the hell do these polititians call raising prices over 1.00/gallon this week alone. Hell, half the gas stations dont even put up the middle number on the price because it changes so often. Total bullsh*t. These station owners are no better than terrorists. I thought these people were supposed to be citizens. :mad:

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: It\'s official, NO MORE PRICE GOUGING AT THE PUMPS

oh, thought i would add this little tid-bit of info quoted from Gov. Rendell last night on the news, " people in the northeast need not worry about gas shortages here and gouging prices. I will not allow 4 and 5 dollar/gallon prices to be seen here. WON'T HAPPEN. I quess these guys think that a 35-40% increase is fine though. And gas in the northeast last year this time averaged only 1.79/gallon, so a 100%+ increase in a year is ok to right. not sure about you guys here but if I raised my prices to my customers in this business I run, i would be out of business!PERIOD.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

we had a 10 day fuel strike a couple of years ago and some petrol stations tried to cash in setting there prices really high ripping people off, needless to say they aren't around now, they soon went bust when drivers refused to buy off them after the strike had ended, serves them right

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How do you think we feel about it up here in Canada?
They got this fence to keep us in called a border. We go through an interrogation and are forced to declare any purchases like we're thieves when we cross it, and our gas just rose buy 35% because of your country's misfortune.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[******] those towel headed terrorist station owners. I will just ride my bike(pedal).

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

problem here is that it isnt a select few which raised there prices, its all of the ********. so what do we do, not buy from any of them when prices normalize. hell who knows what normalize means now, that it settles back down to only 3/gallon instead of the 3.50 i saw this mornimg!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just keep track of who the biggest scumbags are, gouging the public. Like Neil said, they will get their payback when things normalize. Just drive on by, let them close up shop.

On another note, why can't the president or state officials take some of the taxes off the gallon of gas? Isn't 50% of the price taxes, or something like that? God forbid you lower the tax a bit to help out. Not that it would matter though I guess, the gougers would just raise it up again.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Last night was at a shell station. The guy working there told me they had no regular, only premeium and he wasn't even working the pumps! Just standing there collecting money!

So this morning I headed out to Hess and as I got my gas ($3.05 at the time) they changed the 5 to a 9! This by the way was the main hess gas station next to the headquaters!

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

wipe your ass on the hundreds prior to handing the cash to them for now.

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

and taxes in PA were cited as being only .30 odd cents/gallon. *** is that going to do in light of what where paying now? and yes the gas terrorists would just jack up prices to cover the small drop within days.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What p*sses me off is that they raise the prices on fuel they already have in stock just to screw people but when the price of crude goes back down they say "we have to wait to go thru our existing stock"

B

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I saw on a newscast where a station owner said that when his price was 299.9, his cost on this was currently 299.3, that he was making less than 1 cent/gallon. I'm not saying this was the truth or not, but that is what he said.

Bottom line:
The gas companies and insurance companies will gouge all of us to recoup their losses and maintain their obscene profits. The insurance companies could care less whether the cost is $25B or $50B, they will more than make up the loss by increased premiums.

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't see any gouging?

7827BP.jpg

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gas stations only make a few cents a gallon profit. I know, as a few years back I looked into investing in some. Most of their money is made in other profit centers such as the convenience store or car wash. The problem is far more complex then then what's being stated here.

Bill

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Gas stations only make a few cents a gallon profit. I know, as a few years back I looked into investing in some. Most of their money is made in other profit centers such as the convenience store or car wash. The problem is far more complex then then what's being stated here.

Bill

And they are the poor buggers that are catching all the ****!

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got stuck in Atlanta when the news of the shortage hit. Gas went from 2.31 that morning (home) to 3.20 (87oct) by 5pm in Atlanta w/ looonnngg lines. Many pumps shut down. By the time we finally got out of atlanta after filling up, I was seeing signs for 4+ bucks a gallon. Insane.

90% of the pumps here are either closed or limiting the supply at the moment.

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is a thread going around on the internet to boycot Exon and Mobil gas. They are the two biggest refineries. The theory is if everyone would boycot them, they would feel the big crunch and eventually have to lower their prices. Then the other refineries would have to follow. If everyone would do it, it would work. Spread this around!

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is a thread going around on the internet to boycott Exon and Mobil gas. They are the two biggest refineries. The theory is if everyone would boycott them, they would feel the big crunch and eventually have to lower their prices. Then the other refineries would have to follow. If everyone would do it, it would work. Spread this around!

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What p*sses me off is that they raise the prices on fuel they already have in stock just to screw people but when the price of crude goes back down they say "we have to wait to go thru our existing stock"

B

That is EXACTLY what P*SSES me off too, Bill. This bull has got to be stopped. I swear, when I hear that crap I want to scream. How stupid can people be to let them get away with saying that's the reason???

Christian

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is a thread going around on the internet to boycott Exon and Mobil gas. They are the two biggest refineries. The theory is if everyone would boycott them, they would feel the big crunch and eventually have to lower their prices. Then the other refineries would have to follow. If everyone would do it, it would work. Spread this around!

This plan will not work.

First: supply and demand is what causes prices to go up or down. This plan doesn't lower demand, it merely shifts it to another distributor. At the very best it will put Exxon/Mobil in a position where they will have to sell out, leaving them vulnerable to be scooped up by some other oil company that will then sell gas to you at an even higher price because you just helped them eliminate their competition.

Second: Exxon and Mobil gas stations are privately owned. These owners don't have anything to do with gas prices. They usually mark up the gas 5 - 10 cent/gallon. Plus there's about $.45 tax. If they buy it at $2.00 a gallon they HAVE to sell it at $2.50 to stay in business.

By boycotting these stations your hurting these private individuals. What is that going to solve? And why Mobil and Exxon only? Why are they the only ones to blame? If you've noticed in the news recently, Hawaii is placing a cap on fuel prices. This is in part due to domestic oil companies forcing up prices there, not middle eastern suppliers.

If anyone should worry about this it's me. I drive about 60 miles a day. The best way to solve this is by buying less fuel. PERIOD! From all suppliers. This will bring down demand while keeping supply the same. I, myself am in the process of selling my truck for a more fuel efficient daily driver. If everyone did that, instead of the other idea, then we will really see some results.

Hope this helps,
Bill

danfromohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw on the news the other night where a gas station owner was dragged onto a highway and killed because he was trying to detain a gas thief. They said the person was stealing approx. $50 in gas, but his profit margin was only .01 per gallon, so to him it would take him a VERY long time to regain that money!

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw on the news the other night where a gas station owner was dragged onto a highway and killed because he was trying to detain a gas thief. They said the person was stealing approx. $50 in gas, but his profit margin was only .01 per gallon, so to him it would take him a VERY long time to regain that money!

LMAO. Can you find me a link to this or something. I have got to read this one for myself.

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

All you have to do is look at the oil companies profits in the last few years and you see that they have no desire to have gas prices become lower. The government should cap profit margins on oil companies. NJ did this with car insurance companies because they pull the same games with consumers. Also, what's the cr*p with the 9/10 of a penny. That number has always bothered me. I've been waiting for the day for the attendant to say, "$20.50 and 9/10 please." Or just go to the gas station and ask for 9/10 of gas. Just another number to make fools out of the American consumer.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

something scary happened at the gas staition when me and my brother went to get gas. the sign said "TEMPORARILY OUT OF GAS". in my whole life ive never seen that before.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Government loves the higher gas prices. The taxes generated from this will help pay for the war on terror.
Oil Companies love this. Gas that was already refined became much more profitable overnight probably already paying for any damage and repairs. This also was at a peak demand time just before Labor Day.
This leaves them the opportunity to gouge us as they slowly lower prices, probably ending up higher than before the disaster. Oil companies monopolize the system and have an oil man as the President. Don't ever doubt that you are being exploited.