J.H. tuner ( guess who ) touchy subject but have to know.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some of you don't understand something about the man in question. He did not just make "mistakes". Putting a stock cam in a performance cam box and selling it as such was no mistake. Installing used valves in a set of his highest performing heads was no mistake. He sat on the phone and lied to me about that cam 3 times over. When I then told him the proof I had that it was a stock cam, his reply was "uh OK, but this cam will work really well for you." In my case, the only MISTAKE he made was trying to scam someone who actually checked up on him. I'm sorry, you don't forgive or forget someone who has the b@lls and the devious nature to do what he did. Lets not forget how many people he has done similar things to that don't even know it. Again, ask his old employees that know.

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no business or doings with the person in question, and I'm pretty sure most anybody knows whats happened with Viper owners and even Corvette owners.

But what I'm curious to, is why only a few people on here (very few) have dealt with *him* and have nothing but excellent things to say about the company, him, customer service etc. While everyone else has had horrible things happen.

That doesn't make sense to me, why not do everything right, it's like 1 person everything goes fine for and then the other 100 people get screwed, then somebody else has good things to say and another bunch of people get screwed etc.

?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Historically, if one lived in Texas they usually didn't get screwed. It's the out-of-staters that got shafted primarily.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. It's a lot easier to take advantage of someone when they are out of state rather than in your backyard.

What's amazing is that there are still some people (very few obviously) that are still doing business with him and even one tuner who sells his products. Anyone who looks the other way for the power of the almighty dollar is just as bad in my book.

OP
OP
F

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now, we're not talking about just little things that have gone wrong. When you go to the BBB, it's because soemthing "big" has gone wrong right? That and it wasn't able to be properly resolved between the two parties?...

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a corvette guy that apparently got ripped off by John

That was me. I am not a "Corvette Guy". I own a Corvette (a real nasty one) and always will, but I also own several BMWs and I will be buying an 04 SRT when they become available. I am a car guy ;) :laugh:

I was not apparently or alledgedly ripped off. I was ripped off. John called me yesterday to tell me he was sending me a check, overnight, to settle our situation. I will keep you all informed

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOMERCY - we have all watched your dramatic situation unfold and have followed your posts and comments over the past many months. Thank you for continuing to keep us updated and we look forward to another post tomorrow? That's when the check is supposed to arrive, or should it arrive today?

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the check. Now it's off to the bank for a few days to clear ... looks good so far.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the check. Now it's off to the bank for a few days to clear ... looks good so far.

Hey No Mercy,

I talked to John last night and he said he had sent a check out!! Congrats - I am glad things are looking up!! :cool:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job! Thanks for posting. Please let us know when the final closure takes place. This will go a long way towards rebuilding a reputation.

Thanks again - and I hope everything is finally settled for you.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
from what I have seen over at V****alley.com he seems to be taking care of a lot of past mistakes in a very humble way.

I actually tip my hat to the guy for trying to make amends with many people.

Now if the guy is found he is still up to no good...then the guy needs to be flamed back to the stone ages.

So far...in the past few months...I have not seen any foul play.

Then again I don't read every thread either or know what the guy does day to day.

This is just my 2 cents.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a corvette guy that apparently got ripped off by John

That was me. I am not a "Corvette Guy". I own a Corvette (a real nasty one) and always will, but I also own several BMWs and I will be buying an 04 SRT when they become available. I am a car guy ;) :laugh:

I was not apparently or alledgedly ripped off. I was ripped off. John called me yesterday to tell me he was sending me a check, overnight, to settle our situation. I will keep you all informed

Glad you are not a Corvette Guy, in the true sense of the term, I was at an itallian car show and this guy was like, "I just got on if these (pointing at the big 50 on his maroon shirt while smirking as if he had just scored with 4 chicks at the same time). My buddy almost spewed beer out of his nose in laughter. :)

I had a corvette but sold it because of the stigma.

I only said allegedly because I take EVERYTHING on the internet with a grain of salt. Well maybe 2 grains of salt.

Glad things are looking up. Let us know

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the past few years, I think 'HP vs [******]' has to rank among the top of the
'vs' pile, but I have to admit (in my case) John came through and gave more than 'what was at issue'. I give credit to Larry Macedo also, for being
a middle-man in our dispute. I now feel kind of empty.... not having anyone to fight with. :smirk:

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That "stigma" is actually something that many people don't even know about. I try my hardest to break the stereotype.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The past is past, and now is now.

Nothing now or in the future makes the past right. But what is done now can certainly help build a bridge and rebuild a reputation.

Some will never have trust again - they have their reasons, but some of them are getting settled now.

Some have trusted again - and are very happy with the results

Some will - and if enough do - in time - he might actually make enough money to pay off all his debts - there isn't any other way it can happen unless he won lotto.

Consider the humiliation and humility required. Not a day would go by when he doesn't face some kind of payback - emotional or otherwise.

Sure many will say - tough crap he deserves it and worse... but at the end of the day - it takes balls and a real hard look in the mirror to come back and genuinely start making wrongs right - which he has been doing.

People come in here and make pop shots - some informed - some just bandwagon BS - but he has to wake up every morning, with a load of crap hanging off both shoulders and a heap of legal issues to face, then put a spring in his step, smile at customers, and build them the car of their dreams while he fights to survive.

Not many could go thru what he has and pull it off. Before his past customers got burned - he got toasted big time - it was a survival situation, and he made the wrong calls. He knows that now.

And consider this - if he wanted to - he could declare bankrupt - have all debts written off forever, and walk free as a bird, then rebuild under another name, using someone else to front it. He chose to rebuild his own name - good on him. I wish him luck and hope he can clear his debts, repay those who have valid claims, and move on to build some of the baddest Vipers in the world.

If anyone knows he can't screw up again it is him - he doesn't need us to rub his nose in it.

We have a saying here in NZ - "Let the BUYER beware!!!!!!" That means we should make our own informed decisions then live with them unless we get ripped off - in which case we have a valid claim.

The only real news recently has been good news for some time - lets hope it continues. People should be free to air good news and bad - provided it is true.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen