Jegs is a rip off

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to order a $14.00 roll of heat shield tape for the viper from JEGS only to find out that they were going to charge me a handling fee of $9.99. I complained and this is the response I got:

"Thank you for taking the time to provide JEGS with feedback regarding our handling fee.
Based on a tiered scale, the handling fee is per order based on the order subtotal:

SUBTOTAL HANDLING
Up to $11.99 = $4.99
$12.00 to $49.99 = $9.99
$50.00 to $249.99 = $11.99
$250.00 to $499.99 = $12.99
$500.00 and up = $13.99

Handling fees help to cover packaging costs and to expedite orders in excellent condition, which also allows JEGS to keep our prices competitive. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

How do companies like this stay in business? Why the hell would I pay a handling charge almost equal to the cost of the product. I ordered the same item from Summit and paid $4 in shipping and $0 in handling! $9 handling - GIVE ME A BREAK!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the 5 gal Jugs from Jeg's. I prefer Summit and they usually hide a 20% off coupon in their catalogs. Their return policy is great too.

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the 5 gal Jugs from Jeg's. I prefer Summit and they usually hide a 20% off coupon in their catalogs. Their return policy is great too.

I agree, Summit is much better the Jegs. Though there have been a few times I ordered from Jegs only because the price of the items were less then Summit even with the $9 handling fee. But my first choice is always Summit.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone needs anything from JEG'S and doesn't want to pay any kooky fees, let me know.
They're local and I'm happy to do a run down there and USPS you the stuff.

Hot-Rod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Jegs I get my order with in 2 days and pay no sales tax! I perfer to order lower priced items in bulk or combine orders with others to save on the fees.

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered from Summit yesterday afternoon. Was delivered to my door ALREADY! That's a company that runs efficently. :2tu:

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all you are buying is a $15 item, why not just drive to a parts store and buy it for the $20 they will charge you? This is like calling them up and asking for a 2" hose clamp. *** for?

Who calls up Jegs to order such a small $ amount anyway? U just ordered a few $100 worth of stuff from them and got it the next day. The $13 they charged me for handling is nothing compared to what I saved.

As far as Sumit goes, they **** when I need something. Been screwed over so many times by them I don't even look at their catalog any more.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan=----very nice of you. I've never had a problem with either Jegs or Summit. Hey, they gotta make money too!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered from Summit yesterday afternoon. Was delivered to my door ALREADY! That's a company that runs efficently. :2tu:

Shipping is fast...I don't bother with express shipping 'cause it always shows up in 1-2 days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456