June 14th. Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Tour. Vermont Joyride!!!!

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This years Vermont scenic drive next Saturday... June
14th.

There will be two meeting spots set up. For Boston North we will be
meeting at the Hooksett, NH Rest Stop at 9:00am. Looking for a 9:15
departure.

For Western, MA and CT we will be meeting at the Quechee Gorge Visitors
Center in Quechee, VT at 10:30 for a 10:45/11:00am (Bio Break)
departure on the scenic drive.

We will follow Rte 12 to Rte 107 west to Rte 100 North. There is a nice
lunch Spot on Rte 107. We should be eating around 12 noon.

The Ride along Rte 100 will end at Ben n' Jerry's Ice Cream Factory in
Waterbury, VT. The scenic Drive is approximately 2 hours from Quechee to
Waterbury. Ben and Jerry's offers Factory Tours if your interested, if
you haven't done it it's worth the 3 dollars admission. If you have
done the tour you may decide to do it again to extend your rest time
before we break up and head for home.

It's a great ride, beautiful countryside. On Rte 100 we will be
traveling along a small river with hills and/or green mountains on each
side. Twisting Roads, dairy farms, light traffic and no speed traps.

This event is being lead by Jeff Torrey!!!!!!

Please email Jeff at...... [email protected]

--
Jerry Colpitts
President
New England Viper Club
10 Arrowhead Point Rd.
Bristol N.H. 03222
603-744-6537
[email protected]

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yea!

I'm not missing this one. Rte 100 is one of the best roads in NE for a Viper. A long day, but well worth it.

Jeff, thanks for getting this one going again. We still talk about the first time you took us on this route.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Joe I'm getting ready for Saturday.

There will be two meeting spots set up. For Boston North we will be
meeting at the Hooksett, NH Rest Stop *** RTE 93 North*** at 9:00am. Looking for a 9:15
departure.

If you need more time at the Rest Stop get there early (last bathroom stop in NH).:headbang:

Please arrive with a healthy supply of fuel in your tank. Not like me on the way to Tatortoga ...Vipers run out of gas at E.:crazy2:

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please arrive with a healthy supply of fuel in your tank. Not like me on the way to Tatortoga ...Vipers run out of gas at E.:crazy2:[/COLOR][/FONT]

Geeez Jeff, I thought I was sworn to secrecy. If I knew you were going to admit it to the world, I would have posted the hilights of the incident in great detail two weeks ago!:rolaugh:

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed last weekend because of a wedding (although I made up for the wine tasting at the bar) and this weekend I have previous commitments and cannot make it. Let me say that Anne and I have done that ride up route 100 to Stowe every year for the last ten years and it is absolutely georgeous. I am really disapointed that I will not be able to make this one. It is a beautifull ride and I don't believe anyone that goes will be disapointed I hope you all have a great time.

PETER

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed last weekend because of a wedding (although I made up for the wine tasting at the bar) and this weekend I have previous commitments and cannot make it. Let me say that Anne and I have done that ride up route 100 to Stowe every year for the last ten years and it is absolutely georgeous. I am really disapointed that I will not be able to make this one. It is a beautifull ride and I don't believe anyone that goes will be disapointed I hope you all have a great time.

PETER

Hey Pete,
If these previous commitments you have are at another bar I am with you, I was told the wine tasting was just to drink and spit it out, but just couldn't do that.
From wine to ice cream I guess, Now they want me to eat ice cream and drive my Viper but I might have to spit it out also.
I WILL NOT.

Bill

Last edited:

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Pete,
If these previous commitments you have are at another bar I am with you, I was told the wine tasting was just to drink and spit it out, but just couldn't do that.
From wine to ice cream I guess, Now they want me to eat ice cream and drive my Viper but I might have to spit it out also.
I WILL NOT.

Bill

Bill, don't be a girl....

Have two ice creams.

We're expecting to see you Saturday.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jeff
Paula and I are in. Will meet you at the Hooksett rest are for 9:00. Thanks Jeff for doing this run, my wife loved this run last time we did it. Bill are you going. Where is Shawn does he know polishing season has ended, and driving season has begun.
RICK
RICK

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck- I even promise (sorry Joe;)) to observe the speed limit signs from Hooksett up to Quechee, VT. You see last time I led the charge I was scolded twice for driving to fast.

But the gentleman in the RT10 in back of me was driving without his Top and I could see the rain showers approching from my left hand side. So I was just trying to help a fella out. :dunno:

So if your worried about keep pace, I assure you it won't be so bad.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe- That's good because I had you as one of the Vipers;). Are we picking you up on RTe 89 again?

I don't have your cell phone anymore.

Let me know.

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just discovered this thread today! I might want to join up as I know RT100 and it's on the way to my parents and I could surprise my mom for her birthday the 14th. :D I will post tonight with an answer. The two meeting spots, what highways are they on? As to the mentioned comments about speed, I was one of the three infamous vipers that was pulled over for speeding to Tatortoga :( and do not wish to repeat the experience, so what speeds are we talking about doing here?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all on the first page but here goes.

From CT take RTE 91 North into Vermont all the way to RTE 89. Get on Rte 89 North for 1 Exit and get off. It should say RTE 4 / RTE 12 Quechee Gorge, VT. Follow the signs to Quechee Gorge Visitors Center. There's a parking lot on the opposite side of the street, parking on your right hand side. Look for us we'll keep an eye out for you.

Please be on time. Meeting between 10:30 and 11:00 am. So you may need to use the bathroom. Gas Station right when you get off of RTE 89. You have a two hour drive from our meeting spot. Were not stopping again for gas. So please allow yourself at least a 1/2 tank.

Speeds- Only time you'll have to worry about your speed will be on the Interstate, on your way to the first meeting spot. Assuming your traveling by yourself you can set your own pace. I wouldn't go more than 10 over on the Interstate...if you want to be safe.

Vermont isn't that bad for speed traps. New York is horrible.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick- I'll be driving the Lotus, my bother will be driving my Viper.

It's funny how it works out. You drive one, see the other car and say "Hey that's a cool car...I should be drive that one instead.

We have a few CS Cobra Cars and a GT40 Replica meeting us in Hooksett and going half way up to Vermont.

17 cars for the day. Thats a good number, I'm excited about tomorrow! It will be tuff sleeping tonight.

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all on the first page but here goes.

From CT take RTE 91 North into Vermont all the way to RTE 89. Get on Rte 89 North for 1 Exit and get off. It should say RTE 4 / RTE 12 Quechee Gorge, VT. Follow the signs to Quechee Gorge Visitors Center. There's a parking lot on the opposite side of the street, parking on your right hand side. Look for us we'll keep an eye out for you.

Please be on time. Meeting between 10:30 and 11:00 am. So you may need to use the bathroom. Gas Station right when you get off of RTE 89. You have a two hour drive from our meeting spot. Were not stopping again for gas. So please allow yourself at least a 1/2 tank.

Speeds- Only time you'll have to worry about your speed will be on the Interstate, on your way to the first meeting spot. Assuming your traveling by yourself you can set your own pace. I wouldn't go more than 10 over on the Interstate...if you want to be safe.

Vermont isn't that bad for speed traps. New York is horrible.

Great, thanks for the directions. I usually go that way anyway, just never got off the first exit on 89 North. Count me in! See you there. :drive:

TopGear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff just emailed you. I am in. Joe it better not rain or you are washing my car!
-=shawn=-

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff just emailed you. I am in. Joe it better not rain or you are washing my car!
-=shawn=-

Shawn, Glad to see you are going to make it. Be sure to bring the viedo gear. I want to see a slow motion closeup of Bill spitting out his ice cream! Mike.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick- I'll be driving the Lotus, my bother will be driving my Viper.

It's funny how it works out. You drive one, see the other car and say "Hey that's a cool car...I should be drive that one instead.

We have a few CS Cobra Cars and a GT40 Replica meeting us in Hooksett and going half way up to Vermont.

17 cars for the day. Thats a good number, I'm excited about tomorrow! It will be tuff sleeping tonight.

Jeff, I sent you a PM.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike- Got it and followed up. Banked your #

We have 20 cars now.

Jeff, Thanks for putting the day together. Great cruise up north. Sandy and I decided to go back up and take a ride on that road (rt 100) sometime later this summer. As for the ice cream, loved the strawberry shortcake. However, the "Strive for world peace" flavor sounded a little over the top but in the spirit of Ben & Jerry's, I did lead a few Lotus and Viper owners in the parking lot to an inspiring chorus of "We are the World" and then we held hands through the singing of a verse of "Koom-By-Ya".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950