Junkman's 2-Bucket Car Wash Technique

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got to get me one of those foam guns!!

I went with the foam gun used with an air compressor......and wished I'd gone the hose end type. Does anyone else have a preference, it seems like the foam with water would provide better coverage?

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't used on that attaches to air, but I personally have both the Gilmour II and the Adam's gun and both are awesome! I have a few of the Adam's guns in stock. Adam no longer sells them, so quantities are limited. I'll throw in a FREE 16oz Adam's Car Shampoo with each gun for the Viper guys.

Email me: [email protected]

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't used on that attaches to air, but I personally have both the Gilmour II and the Adam's gun and both are awesome! I have a few of the Adam's guns in stock. Adam no longer sells them, so quantities are limited. I'll throw in a FREE 16oz Adam's Car Shampoo with each gun for the Viper guys.

Email me: [email protected]

Good deal! :2tu:

2003 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey AJ, glad to see you here helping out the Viper guys. See you over at D/C.....

Erik :)

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey AJ, glad to see you here helping out the Viper guys. See you over at D/C.....

Erik :)

Been here a while Eric! They even allowed me to post a picture of my Corvette! :rolaugh:

Great bunch of guys here and I have had the pleasure of meeting a few of them. Eric even took me for a ride in his and it pulls like a ***** ape! If I only had a few hundred thousand bucks laying around... ;)

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am on a work server where the videos are blocked. But do they explain the purpose of this 2 bucket wash?? It has never made sense to me. When you dip your mitt in the rinse bucket, you are still dipping into dirty water everytime after the first dunk. Personally, I take my spray hose and spray the mitt every time, before re-dunking in the soap bucket. But maybe I am just too anal??

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Spraying the pad down with the hose will help, but one nice part of the rinse bucket is the Grit Guard on the bottom. Every time I dunk the pad, I scrub it on the Grit Guard to knock the dirt out.

Be careful with using the hose, you'll need to have the correct angle. You can actually push the dirt into the pad when using hose pressure.

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am on a work server where the videos are blocked. But do they explain the purpose of this 2 bucket wash?? It has never made sense to me. When you dip your mitt in the rinse bucket, you are still dipping into dirty water everytime after the first dunk. Personally, I take my spray hose and spray the mitt every time, before re-dunking in the soap bucket. But maybe I am just too anal??

You definitely need to watch the videos as I explain the part that you are missing in detail. The 2 buckets are not your ordinary empty buckets. They contain Grit Guards, which are the key to the design of why my 2-bucket wash technique works so effectively in protecting your finish from damage. You will see this in the videos so after watching them, chime back in if you have any questions.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You definitely need to watch the videos as I explain the part that you are missing in detail. The 2 buckets are not your ordinary empty buckets. They contain Grit Guards, which are the key to the design of why my 2-bucket wash technique works so effectively in protecting your finish from damage. You will see this in the videos so after watching them, chime back in if you have any questions.

Thanks, I will check them out when I get get home. I have read about the 2 bucket method many other times on other sites, but it sounds like yours is more in depth for sure.

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also enjoy your downhome informative videos. I even purchased a foam gun per your advice. Keep up the goodwork Junkman you are becoming a legend.

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I even purchased a foam gun per your advice.

Just got off the phone with Eric at Thompson racing earlier this afternoon. He's shipping out my foam gun today.

Thanks for all the great advice, Junkman. I enjoy watching and learning from your videos! Just wish I could put them into practice sooner - It's a whopping 24 degrees here now, with a foot of snow on the ground........Come on Spring!!!!!!!:)

Dan

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I do. I use this...

You must be registered for see images

... to create this in my garage:

Then I take off my parka and go at it in my T-shirt. :D

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But I don't have a drain in my garage..... :crying::grumble::disappointed::sadpace:

Have some projects that are going to eat up this year's budget. Plan is to put up a building in '12 with a heated floor and drain though!! :2tu:

Always nice to have something to look forward to:)

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get a squeegee and push the water out your garage door. Just crack the door enough for the water to run out.

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are tempting me, Eric!!

Thing is, she's all snugly stored toward the side of the garage so she won't get dinged from the DD in the other stall. Not enough room to comfortably get around her to give her a proper wash/wax without having to start it to move to the center. And I can't maneuver pushing it because of my heart condition. :crazy2::nono:

I'll just wait patiently 'til Spring........(sigh):dunno:

The package I ordered from you arrived today - Thank you very much!! Feel just like a kid gettin' birthday presents!!:):D

Dan

Last edited:

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got the email saying it delivered, good to hear! Spring will be here before you know it. Now curl up next to the fire and watch Junkman videos!

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've watched several hours of Junkman videos and polished the car twice, the second time around, I really paid attention to my technique and lighting, I've learned alot from Junkman, and frankly wouldn't have had the guts to polish my new baby with watching his videos first, Thanks Junkman :headbang:.

I think, I've Gradumacated from Junkman U :D , where's my ***** U certificate, shouldn't hours devoted to learning about detailing result in some kind of degree :dunno:

6 months ago, I'd never heard about machine polishing. This was my first attempt at polishing my hot rod with only a PC. At first, I thought maybe I should practice on one of our 3 other drivers, but The Junkman gave me the confidence to dive right into my favorite ride :2tu:

The foam gun from Eric, and the two-bucket wash technique going forward should help me maintain my work.

Here's proof, this stuff is fun :) Junkman, you've created a monster :omg:

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've watched several hours of Junkman videos and polished the car twice, the second time around, I really paid attention to my technique and lighting, I've learned alot from Junkman, and frankly wouldn't have had the guts to polish my new baby with watching his videos first, Thanks Junkman :headbang:.

I think, I've Gradumacated from Junkman U :D , where's my ***** U certificate, shouldn't hours devoted to learning about detailing result in some kind of degree :dunno:

6 months ago, I'd never heard about machine polishing. This was my first attempt at polishing my hot rod with only a PC. At first, I thought maybe I should practice on one of our 3 other drivers, but The Junkman gave me the confidence to dive right into my favorite ride :2tu:

The foam gun from Eric, and the two-bucket wash technique going forward should help me maintain my work.

Here's proof, this stuff is fun :) Junkman, you've created a monster :omg:

DUDE! You rocked it! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hell of a story man. Glad it worked out for ya'! To bad you're not closer to one of my clinics. I could watch you go at it and offer any pointers I have. Looks like you've got this polishing thing all figured out so the only thing to do now is be amazed at how much you will improve with time and practice. Pretty soon, folks will take one look at your ride and start asking for the name of your detailer. When you unplug them from the Matrix, go easy on them.

Unplugging people is tricky! :rolaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62