Just about cried.....

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I went out today to Montanas for lunch, a local restaurant nearby, and when I came out I noticed my headlights were on. I immediately thought "glad I didnt' kill my battery"

So I turn them off, and go to start the car.... 'click' 'click' 'click' 'click' 'click' 'click'. SON OF A *****. Battery has been drained. So, I let it sit for 5 minutes... hoping that it can be restarted. No luck.

I was in walking distance of a walmart, and figured I'd go see if they have a battery booster on sale, that trickle charges the battery through the cigarette lighter... i've seen them before. I get to the auto desk, and they dont' have one, but they have a battery pack that they can let me use... however the mechanic has to come with... no problem.

We get back out to the car, and his jaw dropped when he saw it was a Viper. I got into the car, just to see if by fluke it starts... and no, it doesn't. So I get my keys and open the trunk to get my tool box. I'm now LYING on the ground unbolting the plastic cover, and I hear *CRACK* "oops!* I'm like, what the....

So i get up, and he is HOLDING the top portion of my hood scoop trim plate. If it wasn't for the fact that he came all the way out there to help me out, I would have threw my wrench at him!!

It didn't 'break'... but the adhesive let go, which is why he was holding it... he literally ripped it off my car. WHATS WRONG WITH PEOPLE. UGH. I told him when we got there, "It's NOT in the hood" Either way, I was able to boost it within seconds of me removing the plastic. He appoligized, but damn.... he must have REALLY ripped up on that thing.

What can I do to re-attach it, with out it looking ghetto\risk of it falling off?

Thanks guys.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude! That *****!:( Better yet, I can't believe he did that!:omg: Like why would he be pulling on the car hat hard anyways!:confused: Guess his momma never told him about the times to keep his hands in his pockets!:lmao:

Not sure what the correct thing is but I know of this superglue that never lets go!;) I would say save that as a last resort.:D

Sorry to hear that!:(

Robert

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didn't realise you could... anyone care to explain how?

The only reason I did it this way was 1) I didn't know how to under the hood and 2) I JUST took my car out from winter storage, and put the battery in yesturday; so it wasn't a big deal for me to expose the battery... was even able to do it without removing the tire. ;) However, for future reference... how to do it under the hood would be helpful.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wal-Mart mechanic. ....... nuf said

You got that right!! A lady here in the office had them change her oil at a WalMart in Lake Jackson. When she drove off, she noticed the oil light on. She drove back to shop to have them check the oil level and found they never put the plug back in. All the new oil went right into the drain pan and they just filled up with what the service manual called for and didn't check the dip stick.

They offered her the next oil change for free which she declined and said she would not be back.

emo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under the hood on the driver's side by the window washer fluid tank there should be a "battery (+)" . Open it and connect + terimal and there should be a ground stud under it.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't realise you could... anyone care to explain how?

The only reason I did it this way was 1) I didn't know how to under the hood and 2) I JUST took my car out from winter storage, and put the battery in yesturday; so it wasn't a big deal for me to expose the battery... was even able to do it without removing the tire. ;) However, for future reference... how to do it under the hood would be helpful.

The black box in the upper left hand corner with the red cap on it. Pull the cap off and there is the jump point.

Pic is from one of Dave's "how To's"

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
N

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Doh.. and I remember the terminal panel there too, for hooking up the fan relay... totally forgot. :) either way... the fact that he ripped up on the hood, instead of asking - is bull****.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to the walmart and tel them that their "mechanic" broke your hood and that you priced a new one, with paint and install, at $15,000. They will $h!t a brick and give you anything you want :lmao:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd give Tator or Woodhouse a shout, or call any reputable body shop for their recommendation.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there is a law against using the works "Wal-Mart" & "Mechanic" in the same sentance....

Sorry to hear that! Most "general" mechanics all seem to go the the same tech school that teaches "don't force it, get a bigger hammer".

w8liftn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had my car repainted several months ago and the painter failed to tell me that he had broken the same part that you are talking about and glued it back on. I was doing about 110 and mine flew off. I couldn't find it on the side of the road but I definately could tell that it had been glued on. You are lucky you still have the piece, it's costing me $295 plus the cost of painting the new one.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're talking about the NACA duct itself...that piece is bolted to the hood, not glued. There are two small nuts holding it in place underneath the hood. I removed mine when I installed the stripes by removing the nuts.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did he grab it and pull thinking it was a handle to lift the hood up? (assuming you are talking about the NACA duct for the air intake)

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still confused. What are we talking about? The type of car has not been mentioned. Is it a Gen 1/2 or 3/4?

Bob

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen that top piece fall off of a couple ducts. Get some epoxy from a body shop and glue it back on. They are glued on at the factory, (whoever makes the duct), some don't get a good tech inspection when they leave the factory.:D

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well I'm guessing since this is in the gen1/2 section that its a GTS

I'm going on the assumption that since it was posted in the RT/10 and GTS forum, it's a Gen 1/2.

Sorry about that, gentlemen. When I go to the Viper forums I click on the "latest threads" messages at the top of the page. I guess I should look closer at the details before sending messages.

Bob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang