Just bought new GTS

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bounce.gif

Oh Boy...Oh Boy...I just bought a new Red with Silver Stripes 2001 GTS from Bill Pemberton. I flew out here yesterday to "just look" but once I walked into Bills Snake Pit I was a goner. Bill is everything you guys have been saying...great deal...great guy...a real car guy who understands the passion. He spent all afternoon yesterday with me patiently answering questions and all morning today helping me through the final decision.

I also want to thank all you guys here on the board for answering my questions and offering advice as well over the last several months, including telling me about Bill.

Now the really tough part...I'm TDY until mid September and I've got to wait until then to accept delivery back in Florida! I couldn't sleep last night just waiting to decide...it's going to be a long 3 weeks!

Paul

bounce.gif

S

SUN RA KAT

That'll give you enough time to have Bill put on the "neccessary" mods that he put on my Viper - Belanger Headers, Random Tech Ultra High Flow Cats, Corsa 3" Cat Back, Sean Roe Smooth Tubes and S&B Filters, Sean Roe Fan and Timer Controller, Sean Roe Clutch Adjustment, lightweight flywheel, EBC Green Brake Pads, MGW goodies, and if you're tall - the seat lowering kit for more headroom.

Since then, I've also gotten the Sean Roe VEC1 and would advise you to do the same.
supergrin.gif

Also have your Viper Zainoed at Woodhouse - they did several coats on my Viper and bug splats come off with a light touch of Windex and a Bounty paper towel. When the bug splats are off, it looks ready for a car show. You do get bug splats in Florida, don't you?
laugh.gif

OP
OP
M

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SUN RA KAT:

Bugs in Florida?... The size of sea gulls! Bill's going to detail the car but I didn't request Zaino...I'll ask. Thanks.

Bill said he really enjoyed meeting you. I'm just getting a 5 point, smooth tubes and K&N's for now. I am thinking about the Corsa but I may wait until I hear one. Bill's car was a bit too loud for me and he had a Snake Oyl on a used RT here that was not deep enough for me so...on his suggestion and after I hear one I may go with Corsa. I'm hoping to get to some Viper events soon so I can explore the car...get checked out before I decide on any mods like yours. The car fits me OK...I'm only 5'10. I felt pretty comfortable with the offset pedals too. I've spent my adult life in small Air Force cockpits (although not at my current girth)so the Viper cockpit seems fine at first drive.

God...I can't wait to get it home...Thanks...Paul

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. U-2 congrats!!!!

Be careful with paper towels, I scratched the hell out of my C5 with one that was wet!!!! Was shocked at the damage!!!!

OP
OP
M

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll use caution. I've always used Meguires on my cars and I've had good results but swril marks were always a problem, especially on my old 89 XJS V-12 Jag which is...or was, black. Between the buffings, age and the Florida sun it's time to repaint. It took a while to find a good painter and I was waiting until I got the Viper before I put the Jag (my DD) in the paint shop.

Bill P has recommended I not use the cloth bonnets on the buffer when using Zaino...just the foam pad...that seems to me like it'd potentially scratch...but I trust Bill's experience...perhaps I'll just hand do it. Any advice appreciated...and I've been reading the Zaino threads here too...Thanks..Paul

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
U-2,
Congratulations on your new acquisition! BTW excellent choice, it's just like mine!!

Bob W

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Final Edition! YES!

Very cool! Take care of it, its a classic!

Do a search on the Arrow break-in procedures.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr U-2,
Congrats & Welcome!

It's just like the ketchup commercial [anticipation]. IT WILL BE GOOD WHEN IT/YOU/VIPER GET THERE!
BURNOUT.gif

[Do you have a sign off on the U2?]

"From one Flyboy to another: The Viper is two dimensional NOT three dimensional.
supergrin.gif

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
M

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I'll be here a lot asking for advice I'm sure...especially when I get ready to track it.

Hey Chuck...where'd you fly tanks?...I drove Bombers for a few years out of Loring....did you fly FB's out of Pease?

Paul

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome to a bunch of fun.
just remember the tourqe is so great in these cars that they can bite quick.you will understand when you get the first miles in.cold tires and that power got me after about 3 months of owning my first gts.ive learned to respect the car immensly.with the vetts and trans ams i used to be able to floor it whenever and hang on.i thought they were fast till i felt 500 pounds of tourqe.you really must watch the turns in the snake.other than that be prepared to answer a ton of questions.good luck and be careful.wait till the neighbors see that one.

OP
OP
M

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll get some pics up as soon as I get the car...I should've taken a camera with me to Woodhouse but I was only "looking" Ha!

I've asked Bill P's opinion on Zanio or not..sounds like it's pretty evenly divided but if he's a supporter I let him do the Sun Ra Kat treatment to mine.

Chuck Tator: I was driving BUFF's from 75-78...perhaps we hooked up over the northeast.

Can you guys tell me if there's a VCA clib in the NW Florida region?

Thanks...Paul